1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

newbie to the forums

Discussion in 'General' started by iguanajoe, Mar 8, 2002.

1. iguanajoe

iguanajoe Member

well, this is my first post. I have just came from the dead or alive forums(which totally suck) and got sick of the costume frenzy over there. I play only fighting games and I am more of a technical player, i love reading faqs and combos stuff and shit, well, I havent really played vf4 and because i am away at school, but i am excited to for it to come out soon. Just wanted to know if i am at the right place. (i bet i am going to get flamed for this post)

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Click on the home page link above and then choose what you're interested in from the left hand navigation bar. The VF4 general FAQ is where you should start. Ice-9's dojos are good for beginning players too, even if you're interested in characters that don't have a dojo yet, they provide a different interpretation of basic concepts that you might find useful. Myke has also recently written some very good articles on specific VF4 gameplay issues. You'll see links to Myke's articles on the home page if you scroll down a little. Check out virtuaproject.com too. VP has a lot of the same FAQ's and guides from the VF archive-- you'll find info on VF1 and VF2 there as well. VP is also where to find frame data for now... Myke/Moby are working on getting that info up at VFDC.

3. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Yeh, welcome. VF players are much cooler than that. Don't be scared of being flamed.

4. iguanajoe

iguanajoe Member

Thanks a lot