1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbies Rant Thread!! NO VETS ALLOWED - don't piss off the Noob!

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by NewB_4_Life, Aug 13, 2002.

1. NewB_4_Life

NewB_4_Life Active Member

What the hell am I talking about? You'll soon see, when an army of noobs decends on this very board and kick all a y'all asses to kingdom come! Yeah I identify with it, as a matter of fact I stand by it, so please stand by it before we start a damn riot - sound familiar anyone.

This thread is for all the newbs to quiz out, cuss out, bus' out, shut out, beat out and playout everyone else - in time that is.
    So feel free noobs, post anything you want in here that has nothing to do with sex and something to do with Virtua Fighter. I feel a Kumite rant comin on. Those 'experts' need a good cussin, those wannabe vets need some cussin and we noobs need some hardcore VF lovin, and we will get it.

NO VETS ALLOWED to flame newbies, either be polite or shut up. Only Newbies can flame newbies - this is gonna be fun. Newbs try to do reseach before you flame someone else or never mind and flame them anyway. Let your hair down and let you inhibitions hang out. We're gonna raise a ruckus up in this motha&ucka and it will be soo soo neat.

Lemme Take a break and get back to you guys on that...ooh, Red Stripe's here.

OK, Where was I... Kumite is too hard, the AI is too cheesy and it cheats most of the time so I can't win a good game. And I don't believe in versus play, well not until I have got all my Characters to High King, and I will too. I will start using Lau now, he is hard to win with since he's so linear...I think the key with Lau is gonna be his low attacks, the Elbow, Palm combo settin up stuff, and getting in his KG, f, b or d KG when someone doesn't expect it.

Akira is a 180 pound weakling who has only a few useful moves, some kickass reversals and nice throws. Laterz..

2. KageMan2002

KageMan2002 Well-Known Member

Aw, man! Why can't I come!? /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Anyways, wtf happened to ya? Why do you pose a threat to vets? It's like, ONLY New'bs can come, and i'm not invited. By the way, I CHEAT A LITTLE TOO! God, what the hell is wrong with you? Is it the end of the world if everybody got the Carpal Tunnel Rank and you didn't? Look, when you're sane again (or you pled insanity) post here.

3. Godzilla

Godzilla Active Member

I see it like this:
    Either you'll be flamed like it has never been done before or just ignored. (My opinion, no offense!)
    I don't think there's a need for a thread like this - And you can't stop people (you don't like) from posting in here anyway.
    If certain people would THINK more about the stuff they post, a lot of flaming could be avoided. That's the main problem here - It's not about "noob" or "vet", it's about thinking first (most of the time). If you look around on this board, you'll find more than enough examples for that.
    Anyway, this is just my opinion and most of it has been said before so i stop here.

4. NewB_4_Life

There are a lot of the people here that I have respect for, significantly I have a lot of respect for the skill of the senior guys and vets who have a lot of information that they make available to us noobs and I really am thankful for all that. I know y'all can kick my ass. But I can't put it to use until I can kick the CPUs ass all the way to High King without battin an eyelid, but I am cool knowin it is there when I need it. I hate and I can't say this strongly enough, I HATE!! when "they" then take the attitude that having done that there is no more we should ask or be all snotty about it. Sure you went out of your way to write a FAQ that is gonna take me days to properly put to use, and we appreciate that, but if you really want to help a noob, be more tolerant, you don't gotta tell a person where to look for something, you don't even gotta be nice. However noone expects an ogre to reply when they ask for something that they either didn't find while searching (or are still searching for) or, some people dont know how to or that they can search.

My man CREED made a very funny joke the other day about making the search link, bigger, different font, diff color, to make it more prominent. A search howto would be useful too, I may even try to write one.

I will flame the frig outta any vet who steps into this thread and says anything that is not according to the threads rules. I never said they can't say anything, I said they can't flame newbs. We arent in their way now are we? If they ignore the noobs, fine, suits us well. We know where to go if we need information, we just need our own room right now.

Kage2002, don't piss me off man, you're a noob too my standards - number of posts - and you're welcome here if you like, but don't be sayin shit to upset me man - I don't like that. Either we cool or we in opposition man - which is it? What is that Carpal Tunnel Rank shit you goin on about? They declared war on noobs, not the other way around - all we did was ask some 'dumb' question and they jump all over the noobs - that ain't no way man. We gotta stick together on this noobs - I'M CALLING ALL THE NOOBS TO POST THEIR SHIT UP IN HERE - YOUR STORIES OF YOUR FIGHERS AND YOUR PROGRESS THROUGH THE RANKS, WHAT YOU THINK OF THE GAME - HOW MUCH TEKKEN AND DOA STINKS...

You get the idea.

5. KageMan2002

Look, i really didn't mean to offend you, it's just that some people are gonna be really pissed off at you, i'm not one of those people. I was trying to protect you. ...ok, the insanity joke was my fault, but i'm cool with you. And the rankings man! How come we don't get nothin' when we increase a rank? Well, if you play kage (like i do) i got the simplest combo that does 118 damage! It's simple. Do [P][P][P] [2][K] [2_][6][K] and a down attack (heavy) NO vets gonna get this VAULABLE piece 'o shit. And i'll tell you what somersaults are good for! Keeping them on the f***ing shitfloor! That's all i gotta say. (P.S. if sombody called death_raven comes for me, please, kill him (or at least tell him not to follow me!)

6. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

no offense man, but i think your approach in this so called Vet - Noob war is wrong, and i highly doubt it will accomplish anything, but its what you wanna do, so go ahead, just as long as you're not giving a general analysis that all Vets are ass, and all noobs are deserving, because if you look at it, some cases present a fault on both parties

and Kageman, i have come for you, your death is at hand, hehehe J/K, i never did follow you, you were just at the wrong thread at the wrong time hehehe later, peace /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Godzilla

Godzilla Active Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    My man CREED made a very funny joke the other day about making the search link, bigger, different font, diff color, to make it more prominent. A search howto would be useful too, I may even try to write one.

[/ QUOTE ]
    My idea would be to have a page that you reach from clicking Versus City on the main page and that only has the following links:
    1. SEARCH
    2. MAIN INDEX - proceed to the forum
    3. VF4 GENERAL INFORMATION (the same as the link on the main page)
    The link to the search could have a little "warning" like "Use it first or risk being flamed"

But i don't think people will like it 'cause they would have one more page to load and another link to click just to get to the forum.
    Whatever is done to make people use the search more can help to keep flaming down but it will not solve the problem.
    Trying to separate so-called newbies from veterans will not work because i think far more flaming happens when someone posts misleading / wrong /stupid information / thoughts and tries to defend it beyond common sense. And the majority of people who do so seem to be newbies.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    .....you're a noob too my standards - number of posts - ....

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hope you have more standarts to judge people... Number of posts means nothing. Or did i just not get how you meant it?

8. NewB_4_Life

You think I care how many people I piss off If I am doing something that it is my right to do? The board affords me the right to create any thread I want as long as I dont call the ADMIN a pie hole - that would get my IP banned. I know that not everybody noob and vet isnt at fault. That is why I big up Creed. He is an old rass on this site. It may not solve the problem but I will have done what I thought I could do for the cause. The information is still available so I can always search my ass off, they wouldnt take that from me no matter how pissed I got them, it is a democracy here - but some people just are piggish.

The search link just needs to be more prominent - like Dural's friggin head on the front page.

And Kage you better quit trying to be smart - with that "NO vets gonna get this VAULABLE piece 'o shit." I know yer mocking me man - stop it. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

And where the hell are the rest of the newbies? Get up, stand up, stand up for your rigthts, don't give up the fight!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey Akira isn't a 180 pound weakling,I could beat you so hard its not even funny.Stop saying Akira's a weakling he is not a weakling.What the hell is wrong with you anyways?Newbies vs Vets you going a little off track.

10. NewB_4_Life

Not is not going off track, and Akira is a weakling, His three hit strings are a joke. Too much effort, they're hard to learn to do and the damage that you get from it, whether at the beginning or end of a combo isnt worth the effort you put into learning it.
    Zero, dude, if you don't like what I am saying then tuff, thats the way I feel - and only playing VF4 for 5 more years could change my opinions - not you. So unless you have something to contribute (some playing tips or vet bashig) - play nice or shut up

11. KageMan2002

YOU SIR are truly insane. Yeah that's right, INSANE! You can do nothin about it. And who gives a damn that stupid Newbie vs. Vet "WAR", you're clearly more insane then death!! And i'm gonna get back on all the insults that you caused me! Well, if you're truly insane, i'll play a little war game that will shut down your stupid system! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

12. KageMan2002

I forgot to mention this, but you're not a noob anymore.

13. NewB_4_Life

Up yours jerk2002. Screw you. There ain't nothin you can do to me at this point that hasnt already been done - how d'ya like them apples. The only reason I ain't got more press is cause I was decent enough to put my thread in a Kumite Forum. That damn thing doesn't get read by anybody, but in time my thread will become viable - I got patience Jerk. As for me not bein a newbie anymore - that journeyman sticker dont mean shit - LOOK AT MY NAME you ass - that says it all.

I am here to celebrate all the downtrodden newbies and there aint nothing you or anyone else can do to stop us from gettin our message across - Newbies don't want more respect - fuck, what the hell can we do with that - we want the right to grown and accumulate our experience until we are newbies no more. Those damn idiot people who bash us when we make mistakes are pushing the timid newbies into a little corner of shame and embarrassment. That is not right - it's that simple. We will earn any respect that we want - we don't beg for it. Just give us a hand not a hand out or a hand in the face. Be decent to the visitors to the forum, give some advice , now tell me is that so damn hard.

I think those who are rude to newbies only do so out of ignorance, a lack of concern of human decency, or because they were bashed as newbs too and think it's an initiation thing.
    It can't be a way to welcome someone to make them feel like they're a complete idiot, even if they did some completely idiotic thing. GUIDANCE is how experience should lead. I would gladly and I am following. Anyone who has been on this board for years and has been wowed time and again by the stupidity of newcomers and instead of getting short tempered with them, realize that noone would willingly make such a fool of themselves. So you must then see the noob needs guidance. Some of the guys here do just that, and if they are too pissed to offer guidance, they shut up.

My beef is with the Neuvo riche who think they all that and jump on the people who make mistakes out of ignorance, and make them feel even more stupid and ignorant than before. I wanna kick those guys asses - and you too if you persist in your feeble opposition. I don't recall insulting you unless you started it.

WE WILL STAND TOGETHER!! JOIN US OR GET OUT OF THE WAY.

14. NewB_4_Life

Erm...excuse me...Admin guys, could you please move this thread to Junkys Jungle or General Forums please. I think you would agree that this is not a Kumite specific thread anymore, even if you don't agree with that I am saying.

I think that is a reasonable and right request. I know you moved my stuff to here before and I cussed, now let me see if you listen to reasonable requests, as you listened to requests to move threads here in the past.

15. KageMan2002

Re: Newbies Rant Thread!! NO VETS ALLOWED - don't piss off the Noob! *DELETED*

Post deleted by KageMan2002

16. NewB_4_Life

You know what really gets my gizzards, I am doing this for people like you - well not exactly like you, you got issues - and this is the thanks I get. Did you read any of my posts to see what I am having a problem with, why are you taking issue with this. A lot of noobs need this voice that I gave the cause. Suit yourself man. Your poll better have a lot of responses, I wont take 10 or 20 persons posting as evidence, I'll play your little game kid. Good luck proving what you want to, they say no good deed goes unpunished they say.

17. KageMan2002

Re: Newbies Rant Thread!! NO VETS ALLOWED - don't piss off the Noob! *DELETED*

Post deleted by KageMan2002

18. NewB_4_Life

Yaaawn!! Zzzz...

19. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

What I dont understand is that you say your doing this for people like "you" as in n00bs but all this thread is good for is for you and kageman2002 to yell at eachother. It seems you have a very bad self esteme issue for yelling at us "vets" who tell you what you want to hear and if its a dumb post just like yours about how you get a hard-on when your akira got to whatever dan is such a big acomplishment for you that nobody cares about. THEN you yell at ZeroChan because he moved it to the kumite section where it BELONGS on account of it being related to going up in levels in kumite. Listen if nobody was replying to it in whatever forum it was in before what makes you think it will get less responses in kumite. Did a big fat bully turn you upside down for your lunch money when you were a kid?? Did your mommy not give you enough hugs when you were growing up?? Whatever the reason is it doesnt mean you should come here and flame everybody who doesnt share an opinion with you. Your from jamaca man chill out, not everybody is against you. Be a rasta and go smoke a blunt so you get mellow and not have to piss US off because you aparently hate us so much.......

20. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

damm it!!!

someone delete this fucking thread already!!!!