1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Newby!!!

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Old_V3, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Old_V3

Old_V3 Member

Hey, I just started getting into VF a couple of months ago and I chose Akira and Lei-Fei as my characters, but what I don't get is the frames, I have an idea of them but not completely. Can someone clarify on this for me

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Welcome to VFDC.

If you use the links above us here, like the "Glossary", command lists or character sections, you can learn a lot of stuff.

I wouldn't really worry about Frames too much yet, unless you're feeling ambitious. Frames are basically the underlying math of the game, which can illustrate what you can do and when, but it usually applies to Execution and Recovery times for Attacks. For example, in Evolution Akira's [6][6][6]+[P] executes in 14 frames, but recovers in 6 frames when it's been Guarded. So we say that Aki's at "-6" when the Super Dash Elbow has been Guarded. Sega changes these things to balance the game with new versions. the "SDE" is now "-10" in FT Version B.

But like I said, until you're getting deep into regular Vs play, I wouldn't worry about it. If you keep playing, the time to look at frames will present itself to you when you have a question about something, like "Why can't I Throw Kage after I Guard his big move [9]+[K]+[G]?"

Bryan

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

4. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

If you feel like you need to play people you can try and hook up with some of the Chi people here on VFDC.

The scene is not big, but it's all there is in Chi.

5. nocturne

nocturne New Member

anybody live in NorCal ?

6. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Check the Jamboree section. Ask around in the SoCal thread and maybe some guys there might be able to help you.