1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

nintendo will die out sadly

Discussion in 'General' started by Drunken_Master, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

i just watched the new legand of zelda for the gamecube footage and do you know what? Nintendo havent leant a thing about there past mistakes. A hardcore gamer knows that it doesnt matter what a game looks like but a scrub doesnt know any better, and sadly a scrub makes up most of the console sales. Add to the fact that a slight delay uner avertising in the usa from what i heard i am wad to say nintendo will most liking cop it in the west as a major player. To give there main franchise a kiddies look and to put off most of the brain dead new trendy gamers is going to make the game hardly sell anything. I hope i hope i am wrong i do i do

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Nintendo doesn't really need the trendy PSX crowd to survive, its doesn't need to be in first place either, as shown with N64. Nintendo will always have the hardcore and the younger audience locked, that is enough for them, of course I'm sure they'd like to be #1if they can. There's also GBA, a guranteed moneymaker, and those who avoid their games just because they're "kiddy", well too bad for them.

3. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

For as long as Miyamoto is creating videogames, Nintendo will make a pile of money. And after he eventually retires (he's 48 years old), the company will still be spinning off the franchises he made. Hard-core gamers will always be standing in line to see the next Mario or Zelda or Metroid, and with good reason. These are among the most memorable and influencial videogames ever made.

Heck, forget all that, and you still have Pokeman (for the next year, at least) and the GameBoy Advance, and enough quality names like Rare and Factor 5 to keep the gravy train rolling.

I wouldn't worry. The new Zelda may have a more cartoon look, but at least it's a different look from its past; besides, it wasn't the Disney-esque Nintendo, but the edgier-alternative Sega that invented cell-shaded graphics (Jet Grind Radio) in the first place. Wait until you have something to play before you get worried.

-----
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How the elephant got in my pajamas, I don't know."
    -- Groucho Marx

4. Drunken_Master

i am not so worried anymore now i just got a little panicked about it thats all., but a lot of nintendo fans were moaning i say about 80%

5. Daniel Thomas

I thought the Zelda footage was fantastic. What a wonderful look and visual style! Who says everything has to look like rendered CG, anyways? Today's consoles have the power to give us a variety of visual graphics, and not just the "plastic doll" look of CG.

-----
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How the elephant got in my pajamas, I don't know."
    -- Groucho Marx

6. Guest

Guest Guest

myiamoto rulez !!!!!!!
    I like Mario sunshine and Zelda a lot......
    It's not only cell shading. I think Shiggsy want's to give more 'dynamic movement' to Zelda's visuals. For example see the morphing of the door, or on the pigs.
    Shiggsy did often surprise people like that, for example with SNES Yoshi Island or Paper mario......

I think we can trust Myiamoto, but i have to admit it was a mistake to Sho^w adult Zelda footage in the last spaceworld......

Mariooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

issssssssssssss

backkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I don't Like the new look of Zelda. Yes it is beautiful what the Game Cube can do but it's too "cutesy" for my liking. I was a Big fan of Ocarina of time (N64) and Link to the past (Snes) and when I saw the E3 Link Demo (the one where Link has an amazing sword fight with the Boss of the games) I was looking forward to the game that would look like that. Call me shallow but image is also a factor in a game. Im sure i'll get into it if I buy it but I'm deeply disappointed. Games aren't just for kids damn it. Nintendo's view that the console should be seen as a toy is foolish. It's the die hard ADULT gamers who buy Nintendo stuff, forget about pokemon on Game boy. N64 would be nothing without the 16+'s. They should consider that.

Adio.

8. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Uh, forget about Pokemon? Ask Nintendo how much they've raked in with the franchise so far. Though many probably think it's a kiddie game, it's a great little RPG, though Nintendo is milking it a bit.

I don't think it's true that only die hard adults buy Nintendo stuff, even the hardcore crowd would rate N64 as decidedly mixed. Heck I'm the only one I know who has as many games for it and still plays the system. I think it's great Nintendo would rather focus on a different market rather than go head to head with Sony and MS. Besides, as anyone who knows games knows, Nintendo games are FUN for any age.

About Zelda, yeah I was shocked too at first, now I've accepted it, I'm sure it'll turn out great, that Link model looks gay though.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Yamcha on 08/27/01 00:48 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'm with u on this.
    Pokemon I love..good rpg..
    all in all..I have abt 16 original titles for my n64~

Very true abt fun for all ages...

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

10. Drunken_Master

and the thing i the other zeldas games even though were cute could get very dark and evil. It looks like this part of the game will be missing

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'm sorry
    I don't understand how you came to such a conclusion~

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

12. Drunken_Master

simple the game looks very kiddie and will have a plot like the gameboy one. Good gameplay but had the weakest plot of all the zelda games

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

U're special u know~

Not a single detail abt the game is out yet..only trailers..and u can figure out the plot.

14. Drunken_Master

eh?

15. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Trust me, paper dolls walking around can be quite scary, especially if they're made to look very, very real/versus/images/icons/smile.gif Perhaps not the absolute best example, but have you seen Who Framed Roger Rabit?/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. Daniel Thomas

Maybe what one should do is find some mushrooms before watching the new Zelda video. I'm thinking this game is going to have a real psychedelic side to it (like much of Miyamoto's work).

Case in point: Puff the Magic Dragon. The Wall. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Yellow Submarine. Now think Yoshi's Island ("Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy").

-----
    -- Groucho Marx