1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NJ/NYC: I am hungry for VF4 action

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by nxw0016, May 1, 2002.

1. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Guys I am so hungry, thirsty, desperate, even h*rny for some VF4 action! Went to the Chinatown Fair last Saturday and it was a total disappointment, I played some CvS2 instead (and lost all three matches).... so you no how bad it was.

Anyone who can come to my place to play VF4 this weekend (may 4th 5th) please PM me fast!

Nan

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

hehe, i see you posting a lot about this topic, but if anyone hasnt answered by now that means that there are no players that live around your area, NJ is just sooo far. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. nxw0016

Hey piccolo, to me I don't care whether it's me going to NYC or some people coming over here, as long as there is VF challenge. But when there is no action at all, well at least I will be trying my best to initiate something /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Piccolo maybe you should try to consider coming down here /versus/images/icons/smile.gif It's not far.

4. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was you that invited me to your place in NJ but anyway if there is anyother gathering. Count me in.

5. Namflow

Namflow Well-Known Member

Come the 12th my brother and I will be in south jersey for the summer. We plan on playing a lot at University Pinball (which isn't really NY or NJ, but is the closest place to us.) Where in NJ are you from again?

6. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

hey,
    90% I'll be in chinatownfair arcade tomorrow evening (4th), and be at nan's place for a session (thank u nan).

7. kungfusmurf

I'm live in NYC not NJ.

8. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

thx Nan! This weekend is my grand-daughter's b-day so I will not be at arcade this weekend. I will be there next Saturday. all the best. Have you checked out chingdudes latest mpeg find!?! The long est of the three mpegs at the site he references has an excellent Kage vs. Lau ( 2:40 min.). Kage in all white w/ black belt and three swords!

9. nxw0016

happy birthday to your grand daughter nycat! I did see a mpg that's a white Kage vs Lau. And that Kage lost, right?

Thank Shang for stopping by my place, we played till 6:30am and... don't ask me about the result /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif.

10. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

You've been Shanged!

Is Shang ever at home...?
    /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

11. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

yes the Lau player went on to win the <font color=white>Belt of The VF4 Champion</font color=white>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://sega.jp/location/tohoku/img/hs_sendai_belt.jpg>http://sega.jp/location/tohoku/img/hs_sendai_belt.jpg</a>
    Of course some will argue that Lau is not the VF4 Champion but this is from Sega site. [shrug] [blink][blink] The original link has pictures from sega-am2 site too.
    Despite the loss, the white garbed Kage was awesome (imho). I'm glad you had a chance to see this mpeg.
    Is Nan short for nanosecond? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. nxw0016

Hahaha, this is the first time I heard someone associate my name with nanosecond.

13. kungfusmurf

This past Saturday night, I got my ass handed to me on a looser's platter. Man I have to learn to use a stick, the PS2 pad is reaally messing me up which shouldn't be a excuse. I would like thank everyone for the betting if you're listening or reading this.

14. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

who did you played and where?

15. kungfusmurf

I was playing at Chinatownfair from 10 to 11:30 pm.

16. nxw0016

Man... then Shang, Rodney and I were all there at that time! So you must have played with us as well. I remember there were couple of new faces. Are you the one using Akira?

17. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Rewww.chinatownfair.com

was the Korean player there who has the long side-burns? he has to be one of the best I've ever met in NYC.

18. mlacen

mlacen Member

Re: Rewww.chinatownfair.com

What time do you guys usually go? i was there around 5-6pm and was getting my ass kicked also by an akira player, i havent played in awhile, i need a better joystick at home to make the transition easier.

19. kungfusmurf

Yup, I was the one using only Akira but couldn't even get one move out & just keep on trying since the stick something I needed time to get use to. Didn't even win once. I'm the guy with the spikey hair & glasses. I'd only used Akira compare to everyone that rotated with different characters.

20. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Nan, who is the Jacky player w/ the glow-in-the-dark red hair? (*V*)[either my eyes are blood-shot or these are a nice pair of bazookas]