1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

No better deal fightstick blues

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Andramelech, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    If you guys are shopping for cheap sticks you may come across nobetterdeal.com, who are selling brawlsticks for around $30. They claim they are manufacture refurbished.

I read the reviews for the site after I placed my order, and it sounds like it's hit or miss.

The stick I got is doa, but the warranty sticker was ripped, so I looked inside. The usb cord that connects to the inside has been pulled off. It will need soldering. I swapped the cord and part from my working brawlstick and got it to show the correct lights, and power on the system. Buttons work but stick doesn't. Swapped working stick and stick wire. No go.

I don't think I want to try to sort this thing out if I don't have to. I'll see what their return policy is after the weekend.

2. Andramelech

XBL:
    Andramelech
    They're sending me a shipping label to send it back. Hopefully I get a better one, or one I can at least deal with.

3. Andramelech

XBL:
    Andramelech
    They issued me a refund in the full amount. So I just lost some time is all. So these guys didn't end up burning me, but you might want to buy your brawlstick elsewhere.. I ended up ordering one from a mom & pop seller with good feedback off ebay, used for $20. Hopefully it wont bite me in my cheap ass again..

4. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
    Finding FightSticks outside of a reputable vendor can be a real burn, especially for your situation.
    MadCatz does have them on sale at the moment for $49.99, which give you some piece of mind. ;-)