1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

No-drinks-Shun

Discussion in 'Shun' started by Jemun, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    I reactivated Shun (Hey, not because of VF5R, I swear) and was thinking of a new way of playing Shun.
    My idea was to play Shun as if he hadn't the DP Feature (Drebin Points?), that means: No drinking during Battle.
    Of course this makes Shun not as effective as he can be but you can completely concentrate on punishing/abare/destroy the opponent.

What do you all think of this idea?

-Jemun

2. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

He's definitely playable with no drinks... it's just giving up a lot of potential for the character. I mean, everyone good will try to sober him, so every shun player basically needs to know how to play him with no drinks, in case they can't get any. But, similarly the advantage you get from drinks is enough that there's no good reason not to accept if your opponent isn't stopping you.

The other question, of course, is... why bother playing a no-drink shun?... drinks are kind of his thing. If you just like him for his stances or his evasiveness or whatever, go play lei-fei or eileen instead.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

play eileen she's not popular enough *smirk* no i'm serious

4. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    I tried Eileen but I don't like the way to play her.

I came up with this idea, because playing as Shun and always looking for the moment to get a drink is - over a longer period of time - annoying. Maybe I will drop him again.

Speaking of popularity of characters, did the amount of Akira players reduce in Japan with the release of R? I've not seen as many Akiras as the other characters (I don't mean Jeffry, Shun, El Blaze, because they got obviously used so many times) and where is HomeStay? I hope he shows up with some vids in R.

5. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

bad idea

*edit*

homestay is still playng, he's in a team with Koedo for SBO.

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    On this note I've decided to play no throw Wolf and no Elbow Akira.

Just to inhibit myslef for no reason. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

7. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Yeah yeah, stop writing fulan-ian entries, I know it is stupid to play Shun without drinking.

8. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

fulan-ian? lol

yea seidon stop jocking my style son!!!!!! hahahaa

(i have no idea what jemun is talking about)

9. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Isn't there a Everyone-Hates-Fulan-Club? I think something like that was posted somewhere.

10. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

lol really now? I'm honored.

11. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

now that is some cool shit

who wouldnt be /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

12. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Fighting with Shun and not drinking is like going to war with no ammo, so you got the gun but what good does that do you? I totally agree with Sorias though... everyone should learn to use Shun sobered up. I've messed up alot of times where i was obviously trying to get as many drinks as i could in the first round with grabs and his 6P+K have lost me the match because the better players already knew what was coming.

13. Sp00n

Sp00n Well-Known Member

I have a photo of Fulan right here:
    [​IMG]
    I suggest you don't feed him too much

14. Lord_Blue_Fungus

Lord_Blue_Fungus New Member

Check out my 0DP combos.
    But really, until I get 16dp, I focus entirely on drinking. Ive played shun religiously since VF4 first came out, and even though they reduced his drinking ability from 3 to 2 when sitting or lying down, with moves lik/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(during guard or hit) there's no reason not to drink. Plus, people hell-bent on sobering Shun or preventing him from getting drinks really open themselves up for punishment. Drinking is an excellent lure, the best in the game. It can really put a defense player in a tough spot.