1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

No "E" button?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Heard that vf4 will have no E button - what will movement be like then? *wonders*
    What about crouch dash, korean step n all that?!?!?!

:-O

http://shreddedbits.com
    My place; VF4 wallpapers coming soon; requests?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly:

-Crouch Dashing is still there, but easier to do now.
    -Dodges are performed by tapping d,n or u,n (yeah, I know, tapping should imply neutral already). However, depending on the situation, you can get a more effective dodge. For instance, if you input the dodge during the execution of an incoming attack, you get a greater dodge. There are also attacks that can be executed while dodging (I think they generally involve the input: P+K+G).
    -Circle walking occurs when you hold D or U.
    -I can't remember the details of movement tricks (such as K-step) in the recent test versions of VF4. I'm assuming that they are not looking pretty though. If your opponent is not attacking or you are far away, I think a normal sidestep will be rather small.
    -Crouch Dash backwards is back as a "crouch dash" (I like to think of DB in VF3 as a spinoff of a backwards crouch dash, less benefits). However, you have much more range crouch dashing forwards than backwards. So Taiwan step variations are probably gonna push you forward more I would guess.

That's all that I can remember at the moment, and only up to what I understand based on what I have heard (in other words, I haven't touched any version of VF4, this is just what I remember hearing).

-Chanchai

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Chanchai,
    you said "-Circle walking occurs when you hold D or U."
    If so, I just wonder what if I want to keep sitting down. How can I do that ?? Double tapping down holding at 2nd tap???
    Please clarify..I'm really curious.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Usually D/B? The controls aren't as bad as they sound...they still feel intuitive. The only annoying thing is dodging out of the screen from a crouch position...that seems a little harder.