No "E" button?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Heard that vf4 will have no E button - what will movement be like then? *wonders*
    What about crouch dash, korean step n all that?!?!?!

:-O

http://shreddedbits.com
    My place; VF4 wallpapers coming soon; requests?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly:

-Crouch Dashing is still there, but easier to do now.
    -Dodges are performed by tapping d,n or u,n (yeah, I know, tapping should imply neutral already). However, depending on the situation, you can get a more effective dodge. For instance, if you input the dodge during the execution of an incoming attack, you get a greater dodge. There are also attacks that can be executed while dodging (I think they generally involve the input: P+K+G).
    -Circle walking occurs when you hold D or U.
    -I can't remember the details of movement tricks (such as K-step) in the recent test versions of VF4. I'm assuming that they are not looking pretty though. If your opponent is not attacking or you are far away, I think a normal sidestep will be rather small.
    -Crouch Dash backwards is back as a "crouch dash" (I like to think of DB in VF3 as a spinoff of a backwards crouch dash, less benefits). However, you have much more range crouch dashing forwards than backwards. So Taiwan step variations are probably gonna push you forward more I would guess.

That's all that I can remember at the moment, and only up to what I understand based on what I have heard (in other words, I haven't touched any version of VF4, this is just what I remember hearing).

-Chanchai

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Chanchai,
    you said "-Circle walking occurs when you hold D or U."
    If so, I just wonder what if I want to keep sitting down. How can I do that ?? Double tapping down holding at 2nd tap???
    Please clarify..I'm really curious.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Usually D/B? The controls aren't as bad as they sound...they still feel intuitive. The only annoying thing is dodging out of the screen from a crouch position...that seems a little harder.