1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

No Memory Card available for PS2?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General' started by nxw0016, Mar 11, 2002.

1. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Since yesterday I have been looking for a PS2 memory card, I went to every store near by (more than 6 stores!) and all the online shopping sites that I know of, NONE of them have PS2 memory card (8M) in stock! And I was told it has been out of stock since Janurary!

Anyone knows what happened!?

Can't start my quest of Fatal Frame without saving, uhhhhh!

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen Sony memory cards sold out online. However, I've been able to find them at CompUSA and BestBuy with regularity in the Bay Area.

3. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    nan! Hopefully you will be able to find one before this friday/weekend - just in time for jeff and shang's arrival. Everyone is starting with a fresh profile just for the 2-day gathering, so we can find out who the supreme rapist is at the end. Hopefully you can make it Friday and saturday!

4. nxw0016

Hi Adam! Ok I will try my best! Already made a special order at my local Circuit City, but who knows how long it's going to take? Asked a employee in the Funcoland here, he said they probably won't have it until APRIL (whaaaaat!). Can't figure out what's going on with Sony. PS2 is no longer a new product, but its accessory is still sold out so badly... something is wrong.

On the other hand it's probably part because of my luck of video gaming anyways:) I remember I had difficulty finding a VMU for my Dreamcast on the first day I bought it too.

Is Shang coming down again this weekend? It might be fun to watch both your Akira going head to head:) Last Saturday in Philly was the first time I saw QCB+P ~ Max Body Check live ( had onlly seen it in movies before). Now I realize why some people complain about Akira being a pig:)

Oh by the way, will you accept players without their own memory cards?
    Memory card ~~~ memory card ~~~~~ where are you?

5. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Sony announced awhile ago they were having manufacturing difficulties on the memory cards which would lead to a shortage. Your best bet, if you want to find one ASAP, would probably be to check around smaller stores or online sites, or maybe order a Japanese one.

6. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Im afraid i wont be much of a match for shang-ster. I have only played vf4 a handful of times seriously. On the ps2 i've played 2 or 3 times seriously for a short time during each session. I still rely on vf3tb stuff and am not completely comfortable with the system yet. So i am hoping to get raped and learn stuff in the process! Do you want me to pick up a memory card for you? There are a lot in Long Island (the Wal-mart by the hotel has some). I will be coming down to my new place (yay!) on thursday morning though - so that is the earliest i can see you and give you your memory card. Let me know.

Of course niggaz without memory cards can attend! Hehehe...if you want i'll create a profile for you on my card!

7. nxw0016

Sony has problem manufacturing memory card? That explains, as I had guessed... yike....

My video gaming luck.

8. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

we have ps2 memory cards all the time where i work (games and james) around 42st area.

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen plenty of mem cards in my local Walmarts and Best Buys. Try calling your local department stores that sell PS2. What about Toys-R-Us?

Adam, what day are you guys planning on meeting? I'm trying to get free from work on Mar 23-24 to maybe go down to the Philly tourney that weekend, but a NYC gathering would be cool too... especially since I missed all the action when you guys were into VF3...

10. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    hiya Yupa! Jeff gonna be here from thursday to sunday. But i think everyone will be meeting Friday and Saturday evening to play. Yeah, as soon as i get settled into my new place, that is gonna be the place for our weekly gatherings - just like vf3tb days. You are welcome to drop by anytime - it gets pretty intense and competitive! But please try to drop in sometime this week and join shang, rodney (omaha Jeff), Nelson (ghettoSHUN), Andy, Nan, Sal (piccolo), Jeff (ice-9), Erik (E-dog), Charles, and me! Methinks we might need 2 setups though...hmmmmm.

11. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

If I come down, I should be able to bring a 13" monitor, PS2 and joysticks. That's not a problem. I'm definately working this Sat night Mar 16, but I may be able to come down the following week Mar 23. Are any of you interested in going to the Philly tournament on Mar 24?

12. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Will keep ya posted on me attending philly tournament the following week (am not sure i can attend). But i think others may be interested in heading down wit ya. I would love to session with ya on mar. 23 though.

13. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Crap, I have the fever play but I don't think I will be out of work in time to head out with Shang. (I'm pretty sure he wants to head out early from Boston) Doh!

Adam it was pretty funny when you called me on my cell phone. I take it Andy didnt give you my name and so you asked for "Jerky". At first I was like "uh...is this some kind of prank call?" but then I knew who you were. (well on the board i mean)

14. nxw0016

It would be better if we can have two settings for VF4 when we have so many people! But so far the only thing I can contribute is a stick -- an ASCII FT2.

Thanks for the suggestion about memory cards -- seems like there are plenty in NYC but none in where I live!? Not fair/versus/images/icons/mad.gif.