1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

no storyline is not bad

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Jul 19, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just read ice-9 editorial on why VF3 failed in the US, and what they should do with VF4. One of the suggestion was to add a storyline. Well, I think that's not a good idea, because most storylines are cheesy and who cares about them anyway?

They could add some CG scenes after you beat Dural, like Jackie driving his F1 car, or Lau cooking, etc. But a storyline, like "you killed my father/brother/sister/master so I'm here to kill you back", nah not for me.

2. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    i second that!

Fuck the storylines. Hardcore fighters don't care about them anyway...

Virtua series has always been about breakthru graphics, sound, gameplay. No need for korny storylines...(dural is kage's mother?? Gimme a friggin' break!!)

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

that was kind of jeff's point, what virtua series has been about hasn't exactly caused it to succeed....i've actually heard ppl who liked tekken better use its storylines as a reason why...i think better vf stories would be kewl as long as they didnt take away from making it better in the more fighting-essential aspects....

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

virtua fighter could have the most incredible work of art for a storyline and vf would still do just as badly as it has in the past...

but let me see if i understand the idea: hoping that someone will be attracted to a game by a short, inflexible, vacuous and just plain stupid storyline...and then hoping that kind of person, with the kind of mind to be attracted by that kind of thing, will also be the sort of person to commit to an extremely competitive, difficult game with an extremely high learning curve.
    ookkaaayyyy....