1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

No VF for xbox?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, May 27, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

So far, I have not heard an announcements reguarding anything virtua for xbox.

2. 34

34 Well-Known Member

MS cut XBox's price but it seems doesnt really make big changes in Japanese consol box market.

i personally think:
    All VF Evolution's rumor is from Sega unless no one can even make up about that kinda rumors.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Sega announced this at their share holder meeting...they would not lie to them about this type of thing....it could just be an arcade release however.

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

As I've said since the initial X-box release rumors... the chances of it coming out on the X-box are about as good as America winning the world cup.

5. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get ahead of myself if i were you, on both accounts. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. GaijinPunch

Hehe... I know! I totally missed the game as well. My friend rented a 42" plasma TV for his bar, where I'll be enjoying America vs. Korea.

I still don't think it'll hit the X-box though.

7. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

From an E3 report in The Rumor Mole column in the current August 2002 issue of Official Xbox Magazine (just got it in the mail): </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Thursday, 7pm
    Sega Press Reception: Virtua. Fighter. Xbox. But for this version, the Mole hears that online features from Sega's VFNet in Japan have been added... not to mention some special Xbox upgrades.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the rumors continue, and I am of the belief it will happen.

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Well this bit of spice adds to the brew that's for sure. When you think about it. Sega are already putting key titles on Xbox (Panzer Dragoon, Spikeout, Sega GT, HOTD3, Crazy Taxi3 and already Jet Set Radio). Sony's exclusivity contract should be over by now (or by the time Evolution goes gold in the arcades) and the PS2 has had it's shot. Yu San said there wouldn't be another VF4 on any other console besides PS2 but, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution is a different title (however so subtle). This has happened loads of times before with developers playing on words to avoid legal action. This seems no different to me.

Microsoft may not have half the credibility of Sony's pinkie finger (especially in Japan where handhelds have out sold it) but they're loaded and their console has the superior spec (the next generation tag is really between Xbox and GC imo). Capcom proved that it would sponsor the console that best expressed its software with the Saturn back in the day so what's to stop Sega doing the same. Not releasing VF4 on the PS2 would have been commercial suicide but that was a capital driven decision and they've done it and reaped the rewards.

Xbox has Shenmue in the works (definitely not for the money but the spec). If that isn't a sign of faith then what on earth is?

9. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Shenmue and PS2; VF4E and Xbox

Well, the PS2 simply cannot handle the large environments and massive textures of Shenmue 2. Porting it to PS2 would require to redesign the game, un undertaking for too costly for a game of this magnitude.
    Besides, Microsoft payed Sega a good dime for the exclusivity of the game in the US...

Putting VF4E out on Xbox might be a good idea actually. This is a game that could sell a lot of Xboxes in Nihon, this would propably result in better sales for Sega's other Xbox games.

10. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Re: Shenmue and PS2; VF4E and Xbox

I've played the import version of Shenmue 2 on the dreamcast and it doesn't look much different on the Xbox version, Except it's going to run at a higher resolution. No real huge changes.

Have you seen the top 40 selling games in Japan recently? Not 1 Xbox game was in there. Mostly PS2 and some GC/GBA games were there. Just another reason VF:E won't come to the Xbox, no one cares for the Xbox or it's games in Japan.

11. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

No VF4E for Xbox May Be No Problem for Xbox...

<font color="lightblue">Agreed. Sega has made some mistakes in the past but you would think that they would know how the market works by now. Magicbox.com had virtually zero activity for Xbox last week in the Top 40 list. Dig da graves...

Still, Tecmo is trying to do interesting things for Xbox. Have you seen the latest hype on DOAXBV? They're pushing the ESRB to the next level... Believe that...</font color>

Click here to check out the rumblings at the TecmoInc.com Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball Forum.

12. GaijinPunch

Re: No VF4E for Xbox May Be No Problem for Xbox...

How'd you play Shenmue 2 on the X-Box?

Sega is putting their American-strong franchises on the X-Box. Prequels to Panzer Dragoon & JSRF didn't sell so hot in Japan.

13. HighKing

I've seen demos and trailers of Shenmue 2 on the Xbox. That's what I'm comparing the dreamcast version to.

They will lose a lot of money if they put it on the Xbox. Not a very good strategy, obviously. But I guess it's their decision. A dumb one, indeed.

How long do you think the Xbox will last in Japan before it crashes?

14. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Heh Shen Mue2 on XBox runs at exactly the same resolution on a TV as SM DC .
    I doubt they reprogrammed the game to take advantage of HDTV .

15. HighKing

I've posted this somewhere before:

XenGamers: There have been rumors suggesting Virtua Fighter 4 will be released for Xbox, can you discuss that?

Kihara: There were rumors on the net about VF 4.1 for Xbox, weren't there? Famitsu asked us about it too. The truth is, we are not developing any such game. If someone has created a VF4.1 for Xbox, please give it to us! (laughs).

XenGamers: So there no plans for an Xbox version of VF4 in the future?

Kihara: No.

16. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Good question...
    Microsoft has a lot of financial power, how far is it ready to go?

17. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Well I believe the only difference between the Xbox version and dreamcast version will be no slow down for Xbox... Big deal...

18. HighKing

I think they can go longer than the dreamcast did, but the fact is no company, not even microsoft, wants to lose money.

19. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

That's for sure, and they already lost quite a bit of money

20. HighKing

Especially with the price cut, it's not helping sales one bit. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif