1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

No VF for xbox?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, May 27, 2002.

1. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Re: No VF4E for Xbox May Be No Problem for Xbox...

It's funny, everything everyone is saying about Xbox was said about Office, IE, Win CE, etc

2. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Is that good or bad?

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

They added some motion blur and some scenes have added textures and that about seemed like it .

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

What? Listen people, MS is an american based company and they are TROUNCING every other system in their native territory (and in Europe) why do you people think Xbox is failing? Just because in ONE country it is not doing well?

5. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    why do you people think Xbox is failing?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Whether or not Xbox is truly failing is obviously up for debate. However, the reason I don't care for the Xbox is simple: I don't like any of the games out for it. There's no reason for me to buy it.

Not only that, in Japan (the only market I care about ultimately), the Xbox is selling dismally. It was only 1 or 2 weeks ago that the Wonderswan Color sold more than Xbox for that week. The numbers of Xboxes that are selling there is weak to say the least. That's why I think the Xbox is failing.

However, the Genesis thrived while the MegaDrive ran a distant 3rd in Japan. It would seem the same circumstances are happening with the Xbox. It will be an interesting "next gen" war.

6. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

(MS) are TROUNCING every other system in their native territory (and in Europe)

I'm sorry but that just isn't true.

PS2 installed base is:
    North America - 11.3 million
    Europe - 8.8 million
    Japan - 9.9 million (as of May 2002)
    ...for a total of around 30 million worldwide. Reference.

Microsoft's forecast worldwide installed base by June 2002 was 4 million. Note that that's a forecast - they didn't necessarily achieve that. Reference.

So in what sense is MS trouncing Sony?

grib.

7. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Well Xbox is not really successfull in Europe...
    Putting the price tag at 479 Euros (around 460 US $) was a huge mistake....
    They then reduced the price to 299 Euros (around 285 $) but it was already too late... The damage was already done.

8. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

The games arent there is the biggest crock of shit ever .
    First year of PS2 what games were there that were actually good ?
    Yet it didnt stop people from claiming it trounced the DCs quality lineup .
    The Xbox has a few and is getting more essential games, games wich no one who calls him/herself a serious gamers can keep unplayed .

Its games dont intrest me is one of the oldest lines used, not to convince others you dont want the machine but to convince yourself and to justify to yourself not to get one .
    Same happened with the DC, it wasnt THAT long ago that the majority of people out there called Virtua Tennis and Crazy Taxi shallow arcade crap, all that changed once Sega went third party tough, suddenly the titles became must have games with incredible action and unparralelled depth .
    The SHALLOW ARCADE EXPERIENCE called Crazy taxi became a PS2 multimillion seller ( just over 2 million worldwide )

9. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself, so I wont. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

However, there is one thing that I'd like to say. Give this Xbox trashing shit a rest people, for christ sake!

I'm so sick of hearing "Xbox is selling this bad and that bad", like it matters! I know some peeps here were hardcore sega fans back in the saturn days, and although it sold badly, did that stop us? No, it didn't.
    Now, one may argue that this isn't the same thing, but in a way it is! Like Almaci just pointed out, there are games (some of them sega's own) on Xbox that every self proclaimed gamer (and every other gamer too) should have played . Bad sales don't change that.

If Sega decides to put Evo on Xbox, which, by all means I think they should, then what good will this constant bashing do?

This post prolly won't stop the trash talk anyway... so.. uhm.. dunno why I posted it... bit embarrassing really.. oh well.. Move along...

10. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I'm not trashing the XBox, I think it's fine. I was just responding to the claim that it's "trouncing" the PS2, which is nonsense no matter how you define "trounce".

grib.

11. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

"I'm so sick of hearing "Xbox is selling this bad and that bad", like it matters! I know some peeps here were hardcore sega fans back in the saturn days, and although it sold badly, did that stop us? No, it didn't. "

Do you know Saturn did better than N64 in Japan and rest of Asia? now XBOX is in 3rd place everywhere, it's doing worse than Staurn did. BTW Just post some turth nothing aginst XB, and I do have a XB myself.

I am a HUGE Saturn fan too, BUT I only like Japaese Saturn, US Staurn SUCKS!!, more 50% games I like didn't release at here, and lots of them made by SEGA!!! I was really pissed off when I bought my DC and Sega has no plan to bring ST3 to US, why sega didn't bring some of theirbest game to here?(Dragon Force is another one, WD bought first ione to US and 2rd one was never released at here, I am glad I was still in China then)Sega fail in US for a reason.

12. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Globally XBox is selling a lot more then Saturn did, yeah Saturn was Sega´s biggest Japanese succes yet but the N64 isnt that far behind ( off course the fact that Saturns life was cut short plays into that as well ) .

13. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Saturn's life might not have been cut as short as you think. The last game was created in what -- 2000? With many games coming out through 1999.

It's a shame that Sega can NEVER win both in Japan and the US. (The MegaDrive bombed in Japan... big time). Maybe they'll do well now that they're third party.

I think the thing about N64 was that even though it didn't sell through the roof, like the GC in Japan now, each of the few games sells pretty damn well.

14. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Since when is GC SELLING TROUGH THE ROOF in Japan ?
    Oh and there are still Atari Jaguar games being released, wanna argue that that machine is still alive ?

With life cut short I meant the hardware being discontinued, Sega stopped making and selling Saturn hardware long prior to that and actually I think there were two Saturn releases as recent as 2k1 as well .

15. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Unless you mean that the GC aint selling trough the roof, just like the n64 didnt way back .

In that case sorry for the misunderstanding of youre post .

16. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Globally XBox is selling a lot more then Saturn did

[/ QUOTE ]
    Really? How many X-Box have been sold so far?

17. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color="lightblue">This is taken from PSM May 2002 Issue: </font color>

<font color="white">"PS2
    Current Weekly Sales: 65,000 Units
    Total Console Sales: 8.3 Million Units

Xbox
    Current Weekly Sales: 28,000 Units
    Total Console Sales: 1.8 Million Units

GameCube
    Current Weekly Sales: 32,000 Units
    Total Console Sales: 1.5 Million Units"</font color>

<font color="lightblue">PSM seems to let the reader believe that these are world figures. I'm sure that these numbers at least reflect North America console sales...</font color>

18. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Those are north american sales from quite some time ago iff im correct, and off course what PSM2 did was take into account the total sales since release, well duuuuuuuuuuuuuh GC and XBox werent even available until a full year after PS2 .

19. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color="lightblue">If you have something more current, then, by all means, share the knowledge, dude...</font color>

20. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

I can give you the exact amount of Super Monkeyballs aquired by the Almaci family that lives in Sint Gillis Waas in Belgium .

Exact number is 3 .
    Ill give you even more info, all were aquired by Hasan Ali Almaci personnaly and they consist of one SMB each of every major region .

BUY IT OR NAGOSHI WILL START DATING WOMAN .