1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina VF?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ItzJin, Mar 8, 2011.

1. bockzcar

bockzcar New Member

Yo, Rocky Mount checking in. I went to one WNB with Trykt one time but I wasn't really in love with umvc3 or ae like I am with vf5FS right now. GT is same as my name here.
    I'll probably try to get out to a WNB again if there's people playing VF, otherwise just hit me up at night on XBL. I'll probably be in a room with Trykt.

2. westtrade

westtrade Well-Known Member

Hello bockzcar,

I will have vf5fs at WNB again on 7/11/12. Hope to see you there.

3. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

I'll be at west's session on Saturday and I expect to be at WNB on 7/11. (I assume there will be no WNB at all on July 4th, right?)

Alstein, if you're hosting, I'd like to come up July 3rd (upcoming Tues). Your Jeffry is getting me salty in ranked.^,^

4. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

I was going to do it on the 4th if there was no WNB. The reason I don't do Wednesdays is because I didn't want to cause a split with westtrade doing what he's doing over at WNB.

Last two weeks no one else came for various reasons, but whenever you want to come up, that's fine. I need Kage work- I'm having real problems with Kage (I think my problem is more a general good players disrespect/bully me out of my game problem)

Let me know what is up with WNB.

5. westtrade

^correct there will be no vf at wnb next week.

6. suminsoserious

suminsoserious Active Member

Where are you in NC ?, I'm in Mooresville NC.

7. westtrade

suminsoserious, I live in Durham, NC.

8. Alstein

Ok, I'm going to do my session July 4th then.

9. westtrade

Quick reminder, I will have vf5fs at WNB on Wednesday (7/11/12) @ 6:00.

10. Alstein

Folks: given the announcement about Evo's shot in 2013: we need to hit ReSe. I don't think we can get weeklies going easily, but monthlies, we can do this- and I'm the person who has it hardest.

I'll go 36 hrs without sleep each time, but with the exception of Aug 25th-26th, if we give a shit about this game, we need to make all efforts to hit ReSe- it drew 10 last time, we should have a goal of having at least one 16-man bracket between now and December.

There's a facebook group to join for info: http://www.facebook.com/groups/rockemsockem/

Next one is July 21st (one after that will be same weekend at MLG, can't be helped)

My suggestion: if we're going to save for a major, I'd suggest NEC as well: that will likely be the biggest tourney on the east coast between now and December, and I think one huge tourney will do more for the game then several small ones.

Suggestions on that?

11. westtrade

Great Games to everyone last night at WNB. Lets keep it going.

12. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Yeah I had an awesome time at WNB last night, thanks to everyone for being super nice and fun to play with. I'm gonna level up some more and bring some new stuff next week, hope you guys are doing the same!

13. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Next week?! Westtrade, you hosting Sat? Cuz I'll drive Trykt if I have to.

14. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Oh if there's a session on Saturday I would definitely like to come. PM the details!

15. Alstein

How many folks showed up for WNB?

16. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    I guess we had 5 people including that Vanessa player? Some really good matches, spectators get hype for wall throws I tell you what.

So is there a session happening Saturday? I'm down to play if so, I'm trying to bring my Kage up to speed and could definitely use some real world match XP.

17. westtrade

The name of the Vanessa player is Micheal. If guys want to have a session on Saturday that's fine with me. The start time will be 1:30 to 6:30, Bring 360 sticks in case I decide that we play downstairs.

Sending you a PM Trykt.

18. mizu

mizu New Member

What part of NC are you guys from? I am in RTP. We have a small Tekken community but no Virtua Fighters that I know of...

19. westtrade

Well I live in Durham, Others live in Raleigh, Cary, Greensboro and other places.

We play every Wednesday (WNB)at Champs (Triangle Town Center Mall) in Raleigh. If you like VF, come out and join us, we will make room for you :)

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?thr...14#post-7221013

By the way, When TTT2 is released, I have that for WNB as well.

20. I live halfway between Greensboro and Durham. I don't think I can make something today, but I'll be at ReSe and I may try to make WNB this week. Who are these Greensboro players you speak of?