1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina VF?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ItzJin, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

In a completely transparent and self-serving effort to get more people to play VF at WNB, Trykt and I are placing bounties on our heads. The first player who can beat either of us in a FT5 at WNB will win $20. For Trykt, this is a one-time deal. For me, this is a standing offer! Every week, the first player who can best me will receive this prize. I will continue this offer until it becomes a strain on my finances (which I would love btw.) Do note that these are separate bounties; Feel free to challenge both of us and potentially walk home with $40!

From Trykt's tierlessheroes facebook message:
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Standard tourney rules will apply, Dural is banned and loser can change stage or character. If you don't beat us you can challenge us again next week!

Note that this isn't a boast, neither of us believe we're great players yet. We know we're good enough that only serious players need apply (even if you're not, feel free to try your luck) and we will defend our 20 bucks as hard as we can! We just love the game and want to offer some incentive to other people to learn it and come play with us. If you're interested in VF at all please come out and play, our ultimate goal is to have enough regulars to start running brackets at WNBs! Any questions about this, please just ask.</div></div>

2. westtrade

westtrade Well-Known Member

For WNB of this week (8/8/12) I will have the PS3 version of VF5:FS. Please bring PS3 sticks (or Pads)if you want to play VF.

Also this week VF will be played from 6:00 to 8:00. After that Persona 4 Arena will be played from 8:00 to 10:00.

3. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

I believe Trykt will be bringing his VF setup as well. So there will be both PS3 and 360 VF to enjoy. (Glad I just finished my dual-mod.)

4. westtrade

Change of plans. Will not have the PS3 and P4A. Only xbox 360 and vf5:fs

5. westtrade

Drift and Trykt, two people where looking for you guys tonight for money matches.

6. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

I apologize for not making it out to WNB last night. I had a small family emergency to handle. Trykt told me that he was feeling ill so he couldn't go either. Unfortunate.

7. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Yeah I hate that I couldn't show up, I feel really embarrassed to have issued the challenge and then not been available. I posted to the facebook group for the WNB guys to let them know what's up, hopefully this doesn't ruin anybody's drive to get free money from us [​IMG]

8. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    On a different note, who is planning on attending MLG? It's right in our backyard, so regardless of the wonky format and semi-shadiness of MLG in general I'm inclined to go. If nothing else I'd like to meet Shidosha and other great VF players in real life and get some matches in.

9. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

I will be there now. Pissed I'm eating a plane ticket- but that's a sunk cost no matter what, and I don't enjoy Persona enough to travel and get a hotel room for it.

10. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Sucks that it's turned into an ordeal for you Alstein but it's cool you're gonna be there. I'd love to figure out a way to play you sometime before then, Drift tells me my Jeffry could learn a lot from yours [​IMG]

11. Alstein

We're going to get exposed as a state so hard, but it's what we need if we're going to improve.

It's not an ordeal, it's a lost $100 that I'm not happy about because MLG cut it too close.

12. MLGCarlos

MLGCarlos Member

MLG will be in Raleigh on Aug 24th and 25th with a VF5 FS exhibition for 2K for highest winstreak.

13. MLGCarlos

MLGCarlos Member

I'm sorry that happend to you. Hopfully this event makes up for it and you do well enough to make it worth your while.

14. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Just wanna say thanks again to westtrade for letting us come out to your place, that custom cabinet is really something!

Listen if anybody else in the area is interested in offline sessions you should definitely come out to the WNBs in Raleigh if you can! Don't forget you can come get free money for beating me or Drift!

15. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    WNB tonight, show up if you wanna level up!

16. westtrade

Guys, I may not make it to WNB due to work.

17. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    I'll be there tomorrow with a setup. Any lurkers thinking about hitting up WNB, come on out!

18. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

For Matthew and Mark:
    Champps Americana Restaurant
    3741 Sumner Boulevard #150 Raleigh, NC 27616
    (919) 792-0330
    Event runs Wednesday from 6PM until closing. Hope to see you there. $500 money match? ^,^

19. Alstein

Should we start making NEC plans? I don't know if I can make it, but after MLG I think we have something to prove.

20. mcmoney

mcmoney New Member

This is matt thanks for the info drift. About that money match mark says hell no you had your chance lol