1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina VF?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ItzJin, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    I won't be at WNB this week, I got a family thing going on. Hope there's still some VF being played out there regardless!

Drift, Michael (I believe the Vanessa player) was asking about VF on the Facebook group last night. Looks like you might have a challenger this week :)

2. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    VF is running as a legit tourney this week at WNB gogogogogogogogogo!

[​IMG]

I'll definitely be there. I hope Matt and Mark can make it out again, we should finally have the full bracket we've been lookin for!

Don't forget in addition to the money on the line for the VF tourney you can win bounties from me and Drift! I'm extending my bounty offer to include anyone (besides Drift) that beats me in tourney. That means instead of a FT5 you only have to beat me in a standard tourney set and you get $20! gogogogogogogo

3. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

I can't guarantee it, but I may try to make it down there. It's run on 360 right?

4. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Matt and Mark are out-of-state now, but I hope that this will draw a few players out of the woodwork. (CarolinaPanther, I'm looking at you!)

5. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Yes it's being run on 360, correct.

6. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

I won't make a separate event thread for this, but there is going to be a VF5:FS tournament at the "Escapist Expo" in Durham this weekend(Primarily an RPG & Cosplay convention: http://www.escapistexpo.com/). From the looks of it, the TOs don't seem familiar with the FGC, VF5:FS specifically, or running FG tournaments. The cost looks to be $15 venue fee for the day (VF5:FS to be run Saturday 12-6pm) and $10 entrance fee. No word on pot split or any pot bonus.

7. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Hey guys I won't be at WNB tonight, just wanted to give a heads up.

8. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

With Trykt awol and TTT2 reigning supreme tonight, I guess I'll stay home and practice. ...Unless someone wants to try to take my $20, that is. ^,~

9. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

At next Wednesday's WNB (Oct. 3rd), I will be providing a free mod for Sanwa JLF joysticks to anyone interested: custom springs. These are a new item custom-made by Paradise Arcade Shop to fit in the JLF while retaining its standard properties. I will have two different springs to choose from; 2lbf and 3lbf. The 2lbf has tension similar to the Seimitsu LS-32 (double a stock JLF) while the 3lbf can be compared to the Sanwa JLW or Seimitsu LS-56 (triple a stock JLF.) Why mod your spring? Faster centering with reduced deflection.

I recommend the 2lbf spring for most 2D players, especially those who play charge or grappler characters. The 3lbf spring (my personal choice) is excellent for shmups, repeated dashing a la 3D movement, and is very nice for anyone who holds their balltop loosely (think Eagle Claw.)

Again, this is a FREE mod. I will have 10 of each spring and will give them out first come, first serve. The mod is extremely easy, quick, and completely reversible with no damage to your joystick. If you do not like the increased tension, I will happily replace the original spring.

Small disclaimer: This offer is contingent upon receipt of my shipment by Wednesday. However, Paradise Arcade Shop is awesome so this should not be a problem.

10. westtrade

westtrade Well-Known Member

I will be at WNB this week playing some VF.

11. Izuna_Shoryuken

Izuna_Shoryuken Well-Known Member

0.0 the dead thread... 'tis revived!!
    RESURRECTION!

Would highly appreciate some gamertag info.
    Anyone here have a ps3?
    Also Fayetteville is 2 hrs away... I might go to some of them but honestly from where I live, Myrtle and Jacksonville are easier. Although I don't think they do vf, even though there one of em has a freakin' Aquapazza tournament.

12. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Drift_VF PSN

13. Alstein

ArchdukeAlstein PSN- I play at weird times though.

14. Izuna_Shoryuken

Izuna_Shoryuken Well-Known Member

Just played some online.
    HWKJDHJKDFSHWEGHHHHHHHHHH

low jabs. blaze was being played like fuerte. mashing on both sides. no. online you will not do this to vf.

I really hope to go on there and at least get beaten by legit tactics. I wanna learn something and what I've learned here is.. That I have a need to tech ground throws and block strings correctly. And punish people harder for using Blaze like Fuerte.

-.- also using Jean online is hard. He's pretty basic and doesn't have strings that are so readily abused like all the online characters (brad, blaze, etc).

15. Alstein

you gotta make people learn to respect you, or at least respect that you know how to beat their shenanigans.

16. Alstein

Anyone thinking of hitting that Sega national in April in LA?

17. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

@Alstein: All my focus is on Final Round. Maybe if I win the lotto.^^

Attention Fayetteville area VF'ers: Trykt and I will be coming to Elite Zone this Friday night for VF. We would very much like to meet and defeat all of you. ^,^

Trykt likes this.
  18. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    General competition check: who in the great state of NC is looking for competition, online or off? Hit us up, re: Online I'm on 360 and Drift is on PS3 and would love to get sessions in with other locals. re: Offline, Drift and I are willing to travel for competition (when we can) and we're centrally located. In addition, if you're anywhere near the Raleigh area there's VF to be had every Wednesday night at the Champps in Triangle Town Center. Just sayin!

19. Ryu_Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama Member

PSN:
    Ryu_Niiyama
    I'm a total scrub but I am looking to get better.... If there is a scene in NC I'm all for it. I'm in the Triangle area.

Trykt likes this.
  20. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

We're here to help, Ryu_Niiyama. Trykt and I are both in the Raleigh area. We meet up weekly (at least) at the Wednesday Night Brawl local at Champp's restaurant off of Capital Blvd and Sumner Blvd (Triangle Town Center.) Please join the TierlessHeroes Facebook group when you can: http://www.facebook.com/groups/tierlessheroes/

There are a couple VF'ers in Durham, but I haven't heard from them lately. Alstein is in Greensboro and there is a small group in Fayetteville as well.

Welcome to the scene. I look forward to meeting you.

Ryu_Niiyama and Trykt like this.