1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

North UK VF thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by LM_Akira, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Re: UMSD tourney version III

I'm not there yet, did you know that if you do everything right you can make your ex stay the night? I think youve gotta do the guitar thing perfectly n stuff like that.

2. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

It's more of the 'breathing' crap BTW that I'm stuck on, you have to do it this time, I avoided the one in the police basement thing by getting the black dude to do it for me.

The US version has put tshirts on the girls during the sex scene's (with Tiffany and the white chick for the black dude).

gotta love all the variations in the game, proper bo.

3. jma

jma New Member

hi there. im from hk n i came to study in newcastle. i would like to know if there r any arcade centers around where i can play vf n if there is, what is da price per game. thankz.

4. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Howdy jma!

I'm not sure about the nearest VF machine (Chris will be able to tell you, when he gets on), but you will be more than welcome to attend meetings held up here in The North, and any time you want someone to play against, you can come down to my place (I live in Blackburn, which is about 1 hour by train/car from Newcastle) and we can have a session (my little brother also plays VF, so he'll come along too).

5. SlimTYME

I've heard there isn't any arcades in Newcastle. By coincedence I was playing 2 top Tekken 5 players from Newcastle last week and the there is a Tekken 5.1 machine a few miles away (don't know where tho) but no VF unforetunatley.

Your best bet is going to London to Trocadero to play VF:Evo Version A if you want arcade VF play.

6. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Hi JMA, the arcade scene is rubbish for VF in England apart from in London where its still a bit crap. You are welcome to come here in Bath for some games whenever you want, cheers, Dan.

7. SlimTYME

Chris: Finally done real survivor with Chris, although didn't save Jill and rebecca died, so will do it again this weekend. plus I've unlocked one tough zombie, so it'll be a little bit harder!

8. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Elite said:

Chris, it takes like...a week to get the rust off and I've played you when you're well practiced and when you're not and to be honest there isn't much difference. You obviously want to play the game since you're talking about meets at your place, so why play the same 2/3 people when you can have meets maybe a bit less often but play different/more people when you go to them? You say you don't want to "waste money" but you want other people to "waste" it to come and play you and Ade?

That Scotland and London stuff was irrevelvant since the problems there came from bad organisation both times and at least they made the effort to travel at all. The guys from London already had a good scene back then and yet they still got it together to come up to your tourny (and 15 people or whatever you said is still alot more than your 3). And about the aftermath of that day, I would have been pissed had I spent money to come to a tournament you'd been advertising for a month only to find it cancelled once I got there. How is your maybe eviction their problem? To be fair you should have checked it all out properly with the owner before making promises.

If you don't want to travel to play and would like everyone (all 3 of them) to come to your place every time then fine, but stop making excuses about it.

I'm not bitching or trying to cause a fight or anything, but seriously, how good will VF meets be at your place now? Who will come and why should they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, who are these 2/3 people you keep talking about here?

Currently in Manchester we have;

Me
    Ade
    Mye
    Scott
    Ramsey
    Darius
    (yeah, most of us haven''t seen him for ages but i actually bumped into him at the cinema the other day and he was asking me if folks still played VF).

As well as Synth, 2 guys me and Ade meet the other weekend...I think there is one more lurking as well. So in fact, if I really pulled my finger out and banged some heads together I could hold a meet here with about 8/10 guys BEFORE anyone else travelled from elsewhere in the north of the UK.

Before he moved away we also had Steev here and Mike has managed to come a few times too. Top that off with Dan the semi regular player here i don't see what you mean about 2/3 players based around here??

As for the length of practise, well, tbh I don't think you've ever played me when I've been at the very top of my game...I'm not saying I'd be far better than everyone when I am at my best (or anything like that at all) I'm just saying few have played me when I've actually been playing really well and 99% of meets I'd played in I've sucked at quite honestly. I never do myself justice at meets. If you don't believe me ask Dan or Mike or Jeffahn...(ie someone independent) In tourney play I've yet to beat Dan I think but when we play with no pressure I have done quite a few times.

But me playing various fighters doesnt help...it'd take me more than a week to solidly get back into VF, more like 2 or 3 and ideally I'd want to be playing humans as well not just free training or quest. In some ays Tekken and VF ar so different I don't understand how some guys can play both really well.

It's not my fault if you see coming to meets here as wasted money...btw you're playing far more people than just me and ade anyway, not sure why you'd say that...I think I said it ages ago btu I mean if it is a waste for you to come here, why did/do you?

I tried my best to start off a scene here...in fact I started it pretty much from scratch here, there was nothing before I started this thread. I had envisioned monthly meets where everyone could improve over time and the scene would grow etc but unfourtunatly that's not happened like I thought it would...

9. SlimTYME

IMHO Chris has contributed MUCH more than anyone else on this thread to getting VF to grow in the UK (for the past 3 years actually).

We all know now that VFwill never be as popular as tekken, but it hasn't stopped us yet and I doubt it ever will. I'm just hoping that next year VF5 brings us (ie ALL UK VF players all back together and get's new blood into the VF scene as well.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

10. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku

[ QUOTE ]
    Andy, who are these 2/3 people you keep talking about here?

Currently in Manchester we have;

Me
    Ade
    Mye
    Scott
    Ramsey
    Darius
    (yeah, most of us haven''t seen him for ages but i actually bumped into him at the cinema the other day and he was asking me if folks still played VF).

As well as Synth, 2 guys me and Ade meet the other weekend...I think there is one more lurking as well. So in fact, if I really pulled my finger out and banged some heads together I could hold a meet here with about 8/10 guys BEFORE anyone else travelled from elsewhere in the north of the UK.

Before he moved away we also had Steev here and Mike has managed to come a few times too. Top that off with Dan the semi regular player here i don't see what you mean about 2/3 players based around here??

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Ade
    Mye (is he ever available?)
    Scott (who?)
    Ramsey (good one)
    Darius (stopped coming)
    Synth (who?)
    2 guys (who?)

Clutching at straws a bit aren't you? Even if I give you Dan since he actually bothers to turn up that's like 4 regulars at the most.

[ QUOTE ]
    As for the length of practise, well, tbh I don't think you've ever played me when I've been at the very top of my game...I'm not saying I'd be far better than everyone when I am at my best (or anything like that at all) I'm just saying few have played me when I've actually been playing really well and 99% of meets I'd played in I've sucked at quite honestly. I never do myself justice at meets. If you don't believe me ask Dan or Mike or Jeffahn...(ie someone independent) In tourney play I've yet to beat Dan I think but when we play with no pressure I have done quite a few times.

But me playing various fighters doesnt help...it'd take me more than a week to solidly get back into VF, more like 2 or 3 and ideally I'd want to be playing humans as well not just free training or quest. In some ays Tekken and VF ar so different I don't understand how some guys can play both really well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that even though you used to play all the time and be well practiced before and during our meets I've never played you at your best? You can't just make up an imaginary level you are usually at when nobody else is around to see it. And even if that is true, practice until you reach it and then go to London.

[ QUOTE ]
    It's not my fault if you see coming to meets here as wasted money...btw you're playing far more people than just me and ade anyway, not sure why you'd say that...I think I said it ages ago btu I mean if it is a waste for you to come here, why did/do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was wasted money, I was referring to your remark that it would be wasted money for YOU to travel somewhere. If it is a waste of money for you to travel to a place with a good scene why is it money well spent for someone else to travel to a shit one? And by the way, my competition has been 100% quest mode since I got here so I don't really know what you're on about me playing more people. I HAVE played more people but that's because I got off my ass and travelled to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
    I tried my best to start off a scene here...in fact I started it pretty much from scratch here, there was nothing before I started this thread. I had envisioned monthly meets where everyone could improve over time and the scene would grow etc but unfourtunatly that's not happened like I thought it would...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not dissing you for starting things off l like you did. The meets used to be good, but now that everyone seems to have buggered off and there is no chance of anyone coming to Manchester from London etc then why not start travelling to where the best scene is? All I am hearing is excuses.

11. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    LM_Akira said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, first of all, apart from you, Dan and Ade, no one else in that list can call themselves a VF player, they are a bunch of your mates bumming round for a quick bash on a game once in a while. None of them have played anyone other than you guys, and probably don't know shit about the game on a technical level.

But anyway, on to my main point.
    In the bullshit that you have just spouted, all I see is a steaming pile of Ade's fat ass.

1) No one has ever seen you play at your best blah blah blah.

You don't have a best. You don't even have a good. You're shit at the game and always have been. I remember the first time I played you, I was expecting to get my ass kicked, after all I had read from your posts and from all your knowledge of the game. I was a total newbie to the scene, and at the time I didn't even understand frames, yet I consistently crippled you in every fight (don't argue, we both know it is true).
    I really admired you when I read all your posts and guides, but after playing you and meeting you, I realise that all you know about VF is numbers. You can't think on your feet, you can't react and you have no sense of anticipation what-so-ever. You seem proud of the fact that you can do max damage combos with Akira, but what good it is when all you are doing is throwing out Yoho, getting it blocked and then standing there like a moron holding guard?
    Then, the very occasional time you actually manage to land one, you are so suprised and confused that you mess your combo up?

2) Some bullshit about playing better when not under pressure.......
    If you think that a friendly tournament in your bedroom is pressure, man do you need a kick up the ass...

3) Lastly, all this bullshit about playing other fighter games and being rusty and not getting enough competition IS YOUR FAULT!
    YOU are the one who choose to play other games.
    YOU are the one who doesn't practice enough.
    YOU are the one who isn't willing, AND HAS NEVER TRAVELLED to play VF.

You seem to like to talk the talk, play the host and talk shit from a distance, but in reality, you are a loser who would rather invite Ade to your house to sit and take turns playing one player games, than get off your ass and make an effort....

Any respect I had for you is gone (cue sarcastic comeback), so I will leave you to your one player games, and your shitty gatherings with Ade and some other nobodies, where you can sit and think you are good at the game because you can win against people who are still learning their characters moves list. You are a bedroom champion who would rather beat scrubs and newbies that play decent players and actually lose.....

Now as for the lard-ass, if he can get his head out of your ass for long enough; tell the brown-nosed porker that he needs to get a life. That's not just a cheap remark, it's the honest truth; anyone who idolizes you Chris, needs to take a long hard look at themselves (although in Ade's case, that could take a while) and just think about what the are doing with their life.....

12. Nakura

Nakura Well-Known Member

Was that really necessary??

Got the Sony job.

13. LM_Akira

?

*Scratches head*

Ok...

Scott is a manc Lion player you've never met before (you have been out of the country a while right?).

Synth is a manc Lion/Akira player you've never met before.

The 2 guys were Macksjuin and UHT...those names will mean nothing to you I know as they're Tekken players who also play VF.

Mye has been away on hols atm (as far as I'm aware) but Ade and I have played him loads.

No, I'm not making up some imaginary level...even when I'm at my "best" it may not be much more better than my usual standard but I'm just quicker with mind games, techs, reactions etc...

The comment about playing more people was about at OUR meets...you play far more than just me and ade at our meets is my point, you were trying to say you play me, ade and one more guy when that's not the truth of the matter at all.

Andy, tbh the reason you and Shaun travelled so much is to prove yourself right? To prove you're good at VF and to play in other scenes with other players etc...You travel because you're good players and want to play in good scenes. If I'm not playng well at VF, what is the point in me travelling to good VF scenes around the UK?

I realise you're not dissing me about how things started here Andy but I just don't have the energy to respond fully to you atm.

14. LM_Akira

?

Nice one on the needless flame Shaun, that's just what we needed here.

[ QUOTE ]
    You don't have a best. You don't even have a good. You're shit at the game and always have been. I remember the first time I played you, I was expecting to get my ass kicked, after all I had read from your posts and from all your knowledge of the game. I was a total newbie to the scene, and at the time I didn't even understand frames, yet I consistently crippled you in every fight (don't argue, we both know it is true).

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaun, I beat you in the first match we played. Fair and square.

If you cripple me so much, how come you never beat me 3-0 on rounds, 3-0 on fights every single time? That's what I'd call a crippling.

[ QUOTE ]
    You can't think on your feet, you can't react and you have no sense of anticipation what-so-ever. You seem proud of the fact that you can do max damage combos with Akira, but what good it is when all you are doing is throwing out Yoho, getting it blocked and then standing there like a moron holding guard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not proud of anything, don't talk bullshit. I've never spoken of how "proud" I am about anything...I can do any combo in the game, you can't so what? Pride has nothing to do with it.

I hold guard after a blocked Yoho do I? Hmmm where the hell does that come from? I think you'lll find even if I havn't played the game for 3 months I still put in either an ETEG or DTE or something...lmao I've no idea where that flame came from but you can freely check replays of my fights and see what commands I enter after blocked yoho.

[ QUOTE ]
    Then, the very occasional time you actually manage to land one, you are so suprised and confused that you mess your combo up?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean everytime I land evade > yoho or just yoho? And I then proceed to kick the shit of you for 75 or more pts of damage?

Shaun wtf fuck are you flaming so badly? You KNOW I get yoho combos perfect 95% of the time, you KNOW it...why try and come on here and flame me saying I don't get them. Lies make baby Jesus cry.

What would you know about the pressure of organisation of meets? I'm not talking of pressure in fights, "pressure"/concentration needed of/for writing down/organising results with 2 tvs on, people shouting out results, people moaning about not getting enough games in/moving about the room/bitching about some shit...be honest what usually happens at meets? I sort all the fights out in order then run thru all my games at the very end, often without ever having a proper warm up first...that's not an excuse btw I'm saying all I do at the end of the day is get my ganes played quick so there are less people sat round with nothing to do.

[ QUOTE ]
    3) Lastly, all this bullshit about playing other fighter games and being rusty and not getting enough competition IS YOUR FAULT!
    YOU are the one who choose to play other games.
    YOU are the one who doesn't practice enough.
    YOU are the one who isn't willing, AND HAS NEVER TRAVELLED to play VF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaun, when the fuck did I say it was anyone else's fault about me being rusty? I fucking didn't. I can't believe you bothered to say that comment. You're really losing the plot if you're trying to flame me for playing other games.

Yeah I'm rusty on VF as I play other games...Tekken and SF...you know why? Because other people play them too...more people here play them than VF = good human comp = less time playing VF. Can you understand that? If no one plays VF here but they play others games and I play other games, what is the point in rinsing VF alone and not playing other stuff? At the last meet you even said it makes sense to be involved in a scene when a game is popular!

Not willing??...Shaun, use you eyes and look back at what I said before...once I've practised back up to a reasonable level I'd be happy to travel...read back, I said that to you the other day and you seemed ok with it. Now you come out with a stupid flame from nowhere.

[ QUOTE ]
    You seem to like to talk the talk, play the host and talk shit from a distance, but in reality, you are a loser who would rather invite Ade to your house to sit and take turns playing one player games, than get off your ass and make an effort....

Any respect I had for you is gone (cue sarcastic comeback), so I will leave you to your one player games, and your shitty gatherings with Ade and some other nobodies, where you can sit and think you are good at the game because you can win against people who are still learning their characters moves list. You are a bedroom champion who would rather beat scrubs and newbies that play decent players and actually lose.....

Now as for the lard-ass, if he can get his head out of your ass for long enough; tell the brown-nosed porker that he needs to get a life. That's not just a cheap remark, it's the honest truth; anyone who idolizes you Chris, needs to take a long hard look at themselves (although in Ade's case, that could take a while) and just think about what the are doing with their life.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaun, grow the fuck up.

Idolise me? wtf are you on? I'll take 2 please. Take turns in playing single player games? wtf are you on? You don't even know what games me and ade play when he calls round...I'll give you a clue, 8 out of 10 of them are fighting games. Sf2, VF, Tekken 5/tag, Cvs2, 3rd strike, GG...man all those single player games we just watch each other play...so the fuck what if I show him some skanks in RE or whatever, big fucking deal.

Scrubs and newbies? Who are these people? Scott and Synth have played the game since Evo's release 3 years ago...same with Will, Dan whoever...Shaun a flame is only devent if you actually hit a nerve with someone as you're talking about the truth...what you just wrote is pretty much a huge fantasy you made up in your head.

YOU organise a VF scene from scratch then.

YOU get the players.

YOU get a decent venue for regular meets that is either free or cheap and easily accesible to all your players.

YOU get multiple set ups and multiple sticks for people to use.

YOU improve the scene.

YOU do the hard work instead of flaming like a 12 year old kid.

Sooner or later you'll realise what I do/have done is a fucking thankless task. No one is ever 100% happy. There is always something wrong with how I've done things. There is always something that should have been better. There is nearly always bitching about something after a meet.

Shaun, take the fucking spotlight and YOU sort something out here.

15. SlimTYME

Re: ?

I'm glad I blocked those fuckwits now.

Heaven forbid we play games OTHER than VF. If there is a decent scene for Tekken and SF in Manchester, why shouldn't myself and Chris (or any other MC player) embrace that?

It's not like gaming is at it's peak anymore, there's no point killing off EVERY avenue we can use, it's no use.

I personally like the challenges me and Chris set up for each other in one player games (like doing RE Real Survivor which I now have done with both characters).

I'm gonna 'try' and see all the endings in Fahrenheit (that game is cool as fuck BTW). I've also bought the PAL version of Tekken 5 cos my US import is fucked beyond belief.

Anyway, I ain't gonna sit here dissing people anymore, it's just lame as fuck.

16. LM_Akira

17. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

LaMe_Akira is the worst., Sime-Adey is brown nosed.

[ QUOTE ]
    Northern_Ninja said:

I'm glad I blocked those fuckwits now.

Heaven forbid we play games OTHER than VF. If there is a decent scene for Tekken and SF in Manchester, why shouldn't myself and Chris (or any other MC player) embrace that?

It's not like gaming is at it's peak anymore, there's no point killing off EVERY avenue we can use, it's no use.

I personally like the challenges me and Chris set up for each other in one player games (like doing RE Real Survivor which I now have done with both characters).

I'm gonna 'try' and see all the endings in Fahrenheit (that game is cool as fuck BTW). I've also bought the PAL version of Tekken 5 cos my US import is fucked beyond belief.

Anyway, I ain't gonna sit here dissing people anymore, it's just lame as fuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then, my brown-nosed hippopotamus-spawn of a friend, I will leave you to your 1 player games, safe in the knowledge that you are the best player of a non-existent VF scene, and that you have the best Res Evil save file in all of England (of course, no-one cares).
    Oh, and btw, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Rik Waller, only fatter, and more ugly?

Oh, and Chris, I don't remember the first game we had (and neither do you, so stop lying) but I doubt you won, as you suck at VF.
    The only people who think you have any talent as a VF player are Ade, and people who have never met you, everyone else knows you suck. I can't stress that enough, YOU SUCK. You are the worst player I have ever come across, and that includes Ramsey, and all the other nobodies you invite to meetings that don't even play the game and who don't even know what frames are, or even what their character's moves list is. You are crap. You shouldn't travel to play (not because of the bullshit reasons you come out with, like being 27p short of travel fare) because you will only embarrass yourself, and show everyone just how lame you are. You even lose (badly) to Kain, who hasn't even been playing the game a year.
    We know that you will never travel anyway, as you can't bear the thought of not playing hostess. You don't even like the game, you just like to 'host' so that people think you have friends, and so that you can feel like people like you. You don't like VF because you never play it; it is too hard for you, because, that's right, YOU SUCK.
    Stick to Tekken, it's easier, and there are more flashing lights for you. You also won't get penalised for being shit and having all your moves guarded.

P.s. I think you guys should check this out, it may enlighten you....

http://www.johnberman.com/pics/funny/surprise_youre_a_retard.jpg

18. SlimTYME

Re: LaMe_Akira is the worst., Sime-Adey is brown nosed.

Do you want a peashooter and a catapult to fire stuff at us, you fucking bash street kid?

19. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I thought you blocked me, fatboy?

20. SlimTYME

Hmm, I don't see why your singling your self out for future meets, it just doesn't make sense.