1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

North UK VF thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by LM_Akira, Aug 20, 2003.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Sigh...

[ QUOTE ]
    YOU organise a VF scene from scratch then.

YOU get the players.

YOU get a decent venue for regular meets that is either free or cheap and easily accesible to all your players.

YOU get multiple set ups and multiple sticks for people to use.

YOU improve the scene.

YOU do the hard work instead of flaming like a 12 year old kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just echo the sentiments I posted above, they don't seem to have sunk in.

2. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Re: Sigh...

Why would I organise a meeting up here, when it is much easier to go down to London and play BETTER PEOPLE?

Going to London is the only logical thing to do, as that is where the majority of people who play VF live, and there is no-one up here worth travelling to play. This leads to Andy's earlier question; why should people bother to travel to your 'meets' when they can go down to London and play serious people?

3. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

Re: Sigh...

Shaun is probably wittering shit, but I wouldn't no cos I blocked him, but I refuse to lower myself to his level and diss him, I'm not that sad.

4. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Re: LaMe_Akira is the worst., Sime-Adey is brown nosed.

I'm not going to come to anymore of Chris's pathetic efforts because there is no point. I don't want to play a bunch of second raters who don't cut the mustard.
    I don't like Chris because he is full of shit, he lies and makes bullshit excuses, and tries to make out like he is some kind of saviour for VF players.
    I don't like you because you are a brown-nosed peice of shit who would agree with Chris if he said the sky is green.

You both talk out of your ass, and I'm sick of it. Chris is a mammy's boy, and you bum the tits off of him.

Enough with the pair of you.

5. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

6. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Re: Maybe Chris could actually answer a question once in a while.

[ QUOTE ]
    Painty_J said:

You cant even spell Slime correctly ev2. Look at how stupid you are.

and to the rest of you guys dont worry im gone after this post

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted, I made one typing error. You on the other hand have a post that is riddled with grammatical errors, like the word 'can't' has an apostrophe, 'Ev2' is a name/handle, so it has a capital letter, you started a sentence with the word 'and' (which you didn't capitalise), you missed the apostrophe in 'don't' and in 'I'm', as well as not capitalising the letter 'I' and you finished the sentence without ending it correctly. Don't bring your pathetic attempts to flame to me, when the very point you are trying to make, also applies to you.

Anyway, that's besides the point, I'm still waiting to here Chris try to answer the question Andy asked him, but I think he realises that whatever answer he gives, is only going to get discredited anyway.

Poor little boys, I pity you.

7. SlimTYME

Check the signature. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

The thread isn't dead, what about all your Res Evil saved games you have to show each other?

9. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Any chance we could just continue this thread as normal now? Chris-let me know if you can arrange anything soon, some of us apreciate the effort it takes. Leave me out of this flaming shit by the way everyone.

10. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Re: Avatar

'Flaming' aside....

Dan, that's actually a really cool picture you have on your avatar. Did you design it yourself?
    I've noticed several people who have images that seem to have been customised, there is one person who has Akira doing the SPoD from the eyes of the person getting bashed by it, that one is cool too.

11. KH_Akira

KH_Akira Member

Hi Guys,
    I'm a VF player from Birmingham and I'm wondering if any of you guys are situated in Birmingham, so we can probably meet to have a game or too.. I'm itching for some VF action , but sigh, didn't find any players here except London... =( ... Meanwhile, keep the post alive.. cheers. ^_^

12. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Re: KH

Hello KH!
    Currently, none of us are in Birmingham, though we aren't too far away. We live in Lancashire, a couple of people live in Manchester, and I live in Blackburn. There is also someone called Dan (Handle: Rayne) who lives somewhere in the central area, I think it's Bath or Cheltenham, he is a good player who is also in need of some human competition.
    You are always welcome to come and play me, I have a great set up and you are more than welcome to stay over on a weekend, so that travelling doesn't take up the majority of the day.
    Myself and Dan are probably the best players outside of London, but for serious competition, the captial is where you need to be.
    Incidentally, on the 12th Nov, there is a gathering in London, if you are interested, check out the thread 'New Venue for VF' in Jamboree, see what you think.

If you wanna get in touch, you can e-mail me or call me.

E-Mail: ebayaccountebayaccount@hotmail.com

Tel: 07716039123

Good luck and I hope things go well!

13. SlimTYME

[ QUOTE ]
    KH_Akira said:

Hi Guys,
    I'm a VF player from Birmingham and I'm wondering if any of you guys are situated in Birmingham, so we can probably meet to have a game or too.. I'm itching for some VF action , but sigh, didn't find any players here except London... =( ... Meanwhile, keep the post alive.. cheers. ^_^

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to a meet at Dec's in Birmingham on November 11, if you can go there I'll play you at VF.

14. FISHandONEchip

FISHandONEchip Well-Known Member

Shaun am I invited to this London meet? Would it be cool if I met up with you before hand and we could travel down together?

15. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I can't see any reason why you can't come, as long as you have the entry fee.
    Ask Ollie (Optimus) in the thread, just to check if you can come. I don't know about a place to stay though, me and Eddy usually crash at Mike's place, so you might wanna sort something out, or failing that, I'll check the train times and we might be able to make it back Saturday night, depending on how late it finishes. Just make sure you've sorted everything out.....
    Also, the train to London from here is £60, I'm thinking it will be the same, or there abouts from your place, so make sure you have enough money for everything. You will also need about £20 for while you are down there (the tube is mega expensive, and you'll need to eat) I reckon you will be fine with £100, unless you can get half price train tickets for being under 18, in which case, about £60-£70 should do.....

16. FISHandONEchip

FISHandONEchip Well-Known Member

Sorry mum isn't letting me sorry.

17. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

18. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Reply to Optimus' post, which was in the wrong thread....

19. KH_Akira

KH_Akira Member

Thanks guys for being so warm welcoming.. actually, I didn't introduce myself yet, I'm not from UK (From Singapore, hehe) and I'm here for my university studies, I picked up VF when the first VF4 came out, apparently got thrashed badly by strong VF players back in my country, and went into seclusion for Akira-training for 2 years, didn't have enough player combat experience, so would like to meet you guys when I have the time. Don't mind asking, I'm looking forward to play against LM Akira, *heard he's a good Akira player * because his name was referred by a friend of mine back in Singapore. Pardon me and forgive me for being ignorant to UK VF players, I want to know who are the better players in UK which I can happily learn some good VF skills from , perhaps watching a competition or something will be good ? Sigh, was hoping Kyasao, Ohsu or Chibita will be in UK for some VF action. Once again, thanks to all UK VF players and I will try to be there on Nov 12 matchup, hopefully I'm not too busy then. ^_^

20. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

As far as skill goes, Chris (LM-Akira) is actually the weakest player, most people have the misconception that he is some godlike player because he knows so much about the game in terms of frame data, but, in meetings and gatherings, he isn't as good as you would think.
    Like I said, outside of London, Dan (Rayne) and myself are the better players, Ade (Northern Ninja) isn't bad, and my brother (Fishandonechip) is ok as well. There was a player called Delune who lived over here, but I'm not sure if he is still here, I know he left at one point and I don't know if he is back. If he is, you could seek him out, as he is a top quality player as well.
    If we look at London, the obvious best player is Ryan Hart (Tsuijin), after that, everyone is more or less in the same league. If you come to London on the 12th, you meet a decent amount of the better players in England (I too will be there) and see what the scene is like.

P.s. Chris, my comments here are not relelvent to the 'flaming' prior to this, it is simply my opinion of the the scene, so if you wanna start shit with me, do it via PM, otherwise, let it lie....