1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

North UK VF thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by LM_Akira, Aug 20, 2003.

1. KH_Akira

KH_Akira Member

Re: Avatar

Ah I see, anyway, it doesn't matter if Chris is strong or not, I will play against anyone who knows how to play the game, so I can learn something out of it. Do I need to pay for anything if I go to the meet in Nov 12 and as you mentioned, Ryan Hart *Tetsujin* , hahaha.. yup, he's strong, checked out on him on the net, and he went to Evo 2k4 and 2k5, so is he going to be at the meet too on Nov 12 ? How is the set up going to be like , Ev2 ? Need to bring our own sticks or something ?

2. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

OK, for more information about the meeting in London on Nov 12th, go to this thread:

http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/132597/an/0/page/0#132597

As about the meeting and they'll tell you all you need to know. There is a small fee for the meeting, to cover the cost of renting the building or something, I didn't quite understand, but it shouldn't be more than £20 if everyone turns up. I would advice bringing your own stick, I always take mine, because it is the best stick around (RAP) and it just helps if everyone as there own gear (Unless they are using V City cabinets, I'll check that out later).

3. KH_Akira

KH_Akira Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Northern_Ninja said:

I'm going to a meet at Dec's in Birmingham on November 11, if you can go there I'll play you at VF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Northern Ninja, where is this Dec's place you're talking about ? What kind of meet is it, the usual VFer's gathering meet or a meet at the video arcades ? Fill me up the details.. and I see if I'm free on that day to drop by. Thanks !

4. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

Aah, there's no spaces left here unforetuately. It's a session aimed at tekken, although ALL games will be played, including VF, SF, GG, KOF. Puzzle bobble addict sessions will probably also ensue!

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Re: Meeting

Ok, KH, I checked on the London thread, bringing your own stick is recommended, though not essential, as you will be able to borrow other peoples sticks, it helps to have spares and it also helps your gameplay if you are using a stick you are comfortable with.
    As for the entry fee, it shouldn't be more that £2-£4 according to Ollie, though I would bring extra, incase other people don't turn up.....

6. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Re: Meeting

Have just posted on the London thread, how many of you are going, just so I know there are some friendly faces.

7. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Hi, your more than welcome to come to our London vf rankiing battle in November, be nice to play another singapore player. ^_^
    [ QUOTE ]
    Rayne said:

Have just posted on the London thread, how many of you are going, just so I know there are some friendly faces.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah I;d like to see a 1st to 10 against Jide, if we got time we can set aside 1 setup for it /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. KH_Akira

KH_Akira Member

Thanks Optimus for being so welcoming. Actually I'm not really a good player though, just know a few tricks here and there. I seriously lack a great depth in PVP (Player Vs Player) games, not enough combat experience to be any challenge worthy for you, but I did play the "Quest Mode" on a very hard mode. Still, PVP and Quest mode is really different. I'm probably more interested in seeing UK VFers battling out each other. I think it will be cool that this event can be recorded on a video camera and make it into a movie like NY VFers did, you guys can show the world how great UK VF gamers can be. What do ya guys think ?

9. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KH_Akira said:
    you guys can show the world how great UK VF gamers can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I decided to go down, so that the other players don't embarass us infront of the world! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Haha nice idea but it's kinda been doen before, we've had torni's in the past etc vids,
    the aim of these ranking battles is to coslidate the vf scene in the uk , keep the level and competition healthy in time for the new versions (evo is an old game now but we still play it for fun), if and when we get them.