1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Northern California VF Thread!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pai_Garu, Oct 12, 2006.

1. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

ill also be in the area from the 8th - 11th. Gonna hit up napa valley on friday so my other days are free.

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    No takers? Man... any leads on the next gig?

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Sebo, let me know more details.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey I'm down for either Sat or Sun. Let me know.

5. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i'm down to come through but i need to know which day for sure and what time you guys are looking at.

6. Pai_Garu

I'm going to shoot for Saturday since it works out much better for everyone.

7. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Update!
    ------

Sat or Sun (or both?) this weekend and maybe the next (if you guys want to come back, lol at my own expense?).
    ------

Where: My place... 98 Thrift St., San Francisco.

Getting there (I suck with directions so bear with me):

First use google maps to get a reference point. Now don't use these directions, as I've been told by my brothers and KTallguy that it is a pain to find this place as google map directions go all over the damn place and not to... here(?).

Going South on the 280 (Or coming from the North, whatever you prefer):

Drive on 280ty, get off on Ocean Avenue and make a right (or drive towards the Ocean). If you hit San Jose Avenue you turned the wrong way. Now after you turn RIGHT, keep going on Ocean until you reach Plymouth Avenue. Drive up this hill until your reach Thrift (pink/orange house).

Going North on 280:

Get on the Geneva Avenue exit and make a left. Geneva merges into Ocean, go down Ocean, hit Plymouth, go up hill, get to Thrift.

Going North on the 1:

The 1 turns into Junipero Serra Blvd., go North until you reach Holloway Avenue. Turn Right on Holloway, and drive down Holloway until you reach Plymouth, turn right and go up the hill until you reach Thrift.

South on Junipero Serra... look above.

If you're coming from some where else, Just get on Ocean and hope you reach Plymouth and blah blah.

----covers it all?-----

What will be here?

Two big screen T.V.s (one is HD {composite}, not flat screen though)), my room has two smaller TVs in the garage, if they work and I am allowed to use them then we have 4 TVs (they might have to be on the ground, unless we figure something out). If you have a small screen, bring it if you feel like it.

My PS2 and a shit controller and pad.

--------

What to Bring?

Snacks, I don't have much food and my roommates wouldn't like to find their fridge empty, so bring if you wish to actually have something in your gut.

PS3 and Sticks, if you have them, bring 'em, the more the better because if someone has to leave early we lose a setup.

Maybe bring a PS2 and a few sticks just because there is only one set up here for a PS3 (unless another is brought).
    --------

Anything else?

Parking may be a problem, I don't know as I don't drive since I moved here, so carpool.

House rules: don't make a mess (maybe take off your shoes by the door in the house), don't steal, don't make too much noise (victory gunshots), if this was my house I could careless, but if this place gets too messy I may not be able to host again.

I can't think of anything else right now.
    -----

sebomosur@gmail.com

Thanks, happy possible VF'ing

-seb

8. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

i vote for next saturday

9. Pai_Garu

We'll do one next saturday too, don't worry.

10. 001

hey sebo, why do you say parking may be a problem? is there no parking on the street?

11. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

sunday please

unless you guys are still playing around 1AM...

12. Shadowcuz

Shadowcuz Member

hey Sebo, so you live near SF State?

13. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Not sure why I mentioned it. I notice that sometimes the streets are pretty full, but I lost my perspective on this kinda stuff as I don't drive anymore.

I think it'll be Sat... really up to Srider though. I'd prefer both days, I just hope the TVs will work for this.

Close? Kinda. You know Holloway (the street south of the campus)? Get on Holloway and drive EAST until you reach Plymouth, turn Right and go up the hill till you reach Thrift. Just check Google Maps: (copy/paste this) 98 Thrift St, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94112, United States

If your coordinate it, maybe take BART and someone coming from the south can get you.

-----

Remember to bring PS3s, Sticks for the PS3, maybe 2 PS2 sticks, snacks (chips/drinks), and if someone can bring another screen that'd kick ass.

One question: can PS3 work with old TVs using "composite?" (the yellow/red/white cables) I have no knowledge of TVs as my parents have owned the same one for 15 years (3/4 of my life).

Email me if you're coming and maybe what you're bringing (don't want a meeting with no set ups /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif).

Peace?

14. 001

not gonna be able to make it out for saturday since i got a bunch of friends coming over my place but if you have heads coming for sunday i would be down.

hope you guys have fun though.

15. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    For Sunday?

Will you be on the forum tomorrow?

If so, I'll give an update in the morning. Because if we have it today (Sat) several factors might hinder a Sunday meeting or even the next weekend:

If my roommates were annoyed by our presence
    If we weren't clean enough
    If they say, "You had your time for TV usage on the weekend, our turn you bitch!"
    If I'm confident I'd be able to squeeze out all of my homework
    Huge Earth~QUAKE
    Some other bullshit option stopping us from VF

I'll ask my roommates, and if they're cool with it we can go for tomorrow and/or next weekend.

16. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Well, last night I went to SFO and came back one Fishie richer.

As far as meetups.... today would be really really bad, since he's horribly jetlagged, and we're currently getting a fuckton of last-minute appointments and arrangements for GDC. Also, I have no idea how to get to Sebo's place via public transit. (Please help us out there, buddy!)

I have a stick and PS3 of my own, too. I actually loaned my system out to a friend for a little while (should pick it up again soon, hopefully), if you guys would need one.

17. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Okay, I'm not sure where you'll be coming from but take a bus that goes to SFSU (the 28, 29, 17?, SAMSTRANS?). Get on the campus bus stop and get on the 29 if you aren't on it already, Make sure you catch it on 19th Ave (going south, otherwise you'll end up in the Richmond district). The 29 will take you through Holloway, Junipero Serra and will get on Garfield/Grafton. It will continue down Grafton until it reaches Plymouth, get out here, and walk south up hill the, pass Lakeside and you'll get to 98 Thrift (on the left).

Bring a backpack for the PS3/stick.

18. 001

i'll check the boards tomorrow morning if it pops off, but don't stress if you can't do it.

19. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Oh, I will. It is what I do best. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif
    -----

This just in!!!!

I suck! Wait, this isn't news...

20. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Oh shit! I forgot to recheck. I'm sorry.

This weekend I wouldn't be able to host, roommates got a Wii last Sunday. Maybe next or the following weekend.
    ----

We still playing in Pacifica (Kenan's) this Sat? I want to lose to Pheonix!