1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Northern California VF Thread!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pai_Garu, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Airegin

Airegin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Airegin42
    XBL:
    Airegin42
    So what's the tally with SCR? And is anyone driving?

I'd love to go but I'm still on the fence, mostly on the price for lodgings. But I hate the idea of a big event going down and not being a part of it.

Also are casuals happening on the 29th?

2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

3. blk_brotha

blk_brotha Active Member

Put me on cuz, I'm on it. Getting motivated for the upcoming tourneys especially the SEGA cup.

4. cobratron

yo ahrmon! you coming with us to SCR? crazydrunk confirmed today so we may need a vehicle that holds more than 7. i think the count is up to 8-9 people.

5. blk_brotha

blk_brotha Active Member

I would love to cuzen but you know when fools be broke these days lol. Shit I'm waiting on my $ to come through. I'm down for SEGA cup for sure I'm in the lab now trying to figure our more Akira tech to show off in April.

6. soakrates

soakrates Well-Known Member

Hope you all got the transportation for SCR figured out. Cobratron are there going to be casuals at your place tomorrow? I hope everyone's managed to avoid the flu so far. I was hella sick earlier this week.

7. cobratron

everything should be straight. casuals is on at ,7pm

8. soakrates

OK cool. Any chance you'll have the 9ers game on? lol

cobratron likes this.
  9. cobratron

yea my girls family is from wisconsin so she luvs both teams. vf and niners is the perfect combo

Chanchai likes this.
  10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Heads up: I will be in San Jose from February 19th - 27th. I imagine I will only have time for one VF session, but it would be awesome to hang out and play!

cobratron likes this.
  11. EastBayKage

EastBayKage Well-Known Member

PSN:
    EastBayKage
    Good luck at SCR tomorrow guys. I fully expect one of you to come back with first place. No pressure.:p

cobratron and Chanchai like this.
  12. blk_brotha

blk_brotha Active Member

Good luck to everyone that's going to SCR 2013 for VF5. Win it Nor*Cal! I wish I was there but SEGA cup is for sure you can count on it!

Chanchai and cobratron like this.
  13. blk_brotha

blk_brotha Active Member

Congrats to Renzo for winning VF5FS in SCR!!!

Chanchai and cobratron like this.
  14. EastBayKage

PSN:
    EastBayKage
    Renzo you had me really worried in that winners bracket finals match, man. Dre was looking scary good, amazing to watch you two play. Knew you could pull it off though ;) Almost half of top 8 were NorCal players, good work guys :D

blk_brotha, Chanchai and cobratron like this.
  15. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Thank you Ahrmond and EBKage! It was difficult, DRE is super good...I always thought so ever since I first played him in Vanilla...

Chanchai and blk_brotha like this.
  16. soakrates

SCR was a lot of fun. Congrats to Renzo. I had you to win it all and it was pretty amazing to see you adapt against Dre, who is a very fundamentally sound player from the look of it.

Shame I had to run into another Lei Fei in top 8, since I'm awful at mirror matches, but it was good to get that far at a "major" tournament regardless.

Chanchai likes this.
  17. blk_brotha

blk_brotha Active Member

You got to slap the ground more.

Chanchai and soakrates like this.
  18. EastBayKage

PSN:
    EastBayKage
    Any word on where/when the next I Play Winner ranbat is?

19. soakrates

No idea, but I do think we gotta start planning rides and housing for Sega Cup. Shilo Inn has a two-bed suite that weekend for $85 a night: http://www.shiloinns.com/search_results.asp?PI=LPHCA

Does anyone plan on driving down? I think I'm gonna megabus or fly there. I don't want to see the I-5 for at least another six months haha

Chanchai likes this.
  20. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

So it looks like... my best chances for playing VF while I'm in the Bay Area is either the 20th (Wed), the 21st (Thurs), or the 22nd (Fri). Most likely, Friday night looks best, but I'm not sure how things are looking for everyone.

Would really love to play some VF with you guys! Let me know early what works for you all ^_^