1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Northern California VF Thread!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pai_Garu, Oct 12, 2006.

1. GenesisFrenzy

GenesisFrenzy Setplay No Skill

PSN:
    SonicWin1778
    XBL:
    GenesisFrenzy
    Hey everyone.
    Tomorrow, I will be bringing Virtua Fighter 5 FS for PS3 to Esports Arena in Oakland, and I want to run a side bracket or just a casual session.
    I will arrive with my setup around 7:30-8pm. It costs $10 venue unless you bring a setup too. Hope to see y'all there.
    255 2ND ST
    OAKLAND, CA 94607

2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Let me know next time you're doing this and I'll try to promote through the VFDC twitter and FB pages too!

GenesisFrenzy likes this.
  3. GenesisFrenzy

GenesisFrenzy Setplay No Skill

PSN:
    SonicWin1778
    XBL:
    GenesisFrenzy
    Hey guys. This week at Esports Arena Oakland there will be two FGC nights. One tomorrow and the weekly on Wed. I will bring VF5 again on Wednesday so come on down!
    255 2ND ST
    OAKLAND, CA 94607

oneida and MadeManG74 like this.
  4. Travis Stywall

Travis Stywall New Member

Any folks in Sacramento down to play some VF5FS or 4EVO?

5. Travis Stywall

Travis Stywall New Member

Any folks in Sacramento down to play some VF5FS or 4EVO?

6. BASED

BASED New Member

Yo anyone in the bay area willing to teach or learn virtua fighter together in person?

7. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

@IcKY99 might be able to direct you?

8. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

we are in Japan this week but usually have sparring sessions in San Francisco on Mondays

MadeManG74 and jimi Claymore like this.
  9. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    im in WA now, which is like 1hr flight and 7 or 8 hr drive from Northern Cali lol

Cobra banok and soakrates are the norcal dudes lol

cobratron, MadeManG74 and BASED like this.
  10. BASED

BASED New Member

Thank you!

cobratron and IcKY99 like this.
  11. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Where in Washington are you? :)

cobratron likes this.
  12. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    im in mt vernon , maybe 35ish minutes to Everette to play with baz and nova, and i hear ur willing to come too! lol

oneida and cobratron like this.
  13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

It’s hard for me to make time to go up there these days, but hopefully soon again!

I love playing VF with Steelbaz and Dark Nova Void! You have an awesome group to play with, they are both very good and can play many characters at a strong level!

14. 00000000

00000000 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZeroLovesDnB
    Hey guys, long time no see!

I live in NorCal now. Moved here for work on the 1st. I work in San Mateo and live in TBD (still looking).

Where are people playing locally? Also, where are people playing FGs in general locally?

MadeManG74 and cobratron like this.
  15. cobratron

Ahh nice bro. We usually play VF at my crib in San Francisco Mondays. For other games there's eSports Arena Oakland as far as mainstream gatherings. There are scenes for just about all other games scattered throughout the Bay Area. Check Facebook for South Bay: San Jose, Milpitas, etc. East Bay: Oakland, Concord, Hayward. And of course West Bay: San Francisco you can sometimes find events at Folsom Street Foundry and we will be doing and have done events ourselves at EmporiumSF for Capcom VS SNK and soon Virtua Fighter and other games hopefully. SamSho maybe MK11.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    00000000 likes this.
  16. 00000000

PSN:
    ZeroLovesDnB
    Dope, thanks man!

I'm down to come by again and play. Mondays you say?

17. cobratron

Ok last time you came by it was at my gf's house in Fremont. That was about 35 min away from SF. I'll see if Crazydrunk and Renzo are around. We weren't gonna play this week since I leave for Combo Breaker but since I'll be home packing it would be cool. Plus I need some practice for the VF tourny anyway. Crazydrunk usually lets me know early Monday if he will get off work at a good time in order to play. We usually stop between 1-2am but last week I think we ended closer to 3. Renzo end up arriving about 2am so come by anytime between 8pm-2am lol.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    jimi Claymore and 00000000 like this.
  18. 00000000

PSN:
    ZeroLovesDnB

Dope. I'm currently temporarily staying in Alameda but I work a 9-5 in San Mateo.

19. cobratron

just got word from crazy so we'll play tonight. ill pm u details

00000000 likes this.
  20. cobratron

i just realized u say dope as much as i do...been trying to cut down since people say tell me thats old school lol. anyway i remember when u came by to play last time GhostphacEZ (Goh) was there who stopped playing VF back then. Anyway his boy you prolly remember Skech may come by tonight to hang. he uses Brad but also hasnt played in VF in prolly over 5 years.

00000000 likes this.