1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Noticing something while fighting El Blaze.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by SDS_Overfiend1, May 18, 2008.

1. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I was Using Brad fighting El Blaze the other day and i realized that El Blaze Get aways with a lot of bullshit. Imean i don't wanna sound like a whiner but this Little bastard does'nt get hit with a lots of moves. Most of the time they go right over the his head Especially /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. In one instance he was doing his move i guess its called the rockt discharge where he runs at you and then drop-kick your legs out from under you. During the jumping part he's actually consider crouching in mid-air unbelievable is'nt it? I noticed this when i missed on several occassions with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif even when he's in the air for a sec.

This bring me to the point. IS anybody Familar with VF2? Does anybody remeber he tracking system in that game? Example For Shun's height characters would adjust the height of the move to atleast hit Shun while still keeping its real properties making Shun height no advantage to moves. Do you think it was wise for Sega to remove this feature and for what reason?

2. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    At this RD Situation with the low kick, it should be possible to hit him low, because it takes pretty long for him to make the animation.

It might be a problem, but that is also a problem for El Blaze. He has for instance lower reach than anyone else with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    You just noticed that?
    ---

Block low and or use mids (ones with larger hit boxes).

Goes for Eileen too.

4. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Re: Noticing something while fighting La Blaze.

I think that is something they are changing in VF5R as well. If you look at the La Blaze vs Taka vid he looks a lot taller.

5. SDS_Overfiend1

In VF5R It looks like he has a New animation for his low punch with a little more reach.

6. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet

the low attack from RD actually crushes high and low at the same time, he kindof jumps inbetween the two attack heights. the low crush isn't as long as the high crush, but still effective none the less.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Yeah, I have found it nearly impossible to interrupt. Luckily you can just block it and punish.

8. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

^This is definitely the case.^

If you try to low punch him out of RD> low dropkick you will get hit every time, without fail. Best just to block low and take your mC damage with whatever low punisher you choose... I feel like ducking is the best answer to the RD regardless. The worst things to get hit with (De Ja Vu and the unblockable) can both be avoided just by ducking. You can sidestep and beat 90% of his RD options but you could get De Ja Vu-ed that way too, so it's riskier for a better payoff.

9. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

El is pretty freakin magical. His punches and kicks seem to to create an impact vacuum that causes damage even when the blows clearly miss you. And a lot of attacks go right through him.

10. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet

i think "better" blaze players focus on using his mk followup as it seems the safest option out of the whole thing, combine that with the low and dejavu you have a good mid/throw and mid/low mixup to keep your opponant guessing even the mixup you will use.
    ducking vs the k followup gives him a knockdown and a new RD situation. don't want to sound pro or anything, just want to say that there is no "best" way to get out of a RD situation you can't react to.

11. SDS_Overfiend1

Please say it again Sam. Pure bullshit.There's no excuse for him Jumping during RD and the punches clearly going thru him. PK go over his head and with lag online you can't duck the Deja vu according to you reacting off impulse. He's buggy and i hope they nerf the shit out of him in VF5R. He a lot stronger than people will give him credit for and you don't have to work hard either.

12. Outfoxd

Outfoxd Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think I have to work pretty hard once people play my blaze for a little bit.

13. RawEmpire

RawEmpire Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Blaze is not "Pure bullshit". I work very to win matches with that character. Just cause you guys got your asses kicked you wanna come on VFDC and complain about it. Maybe you should try playing more Tekken. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

14. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Look dude, no one is saying that you don't work very to win. I wasn't really complaining about getting my ass kicked by El. I'm just saying a lot whimsical, fantastical events take place when he starts doing his moves.

BTW, no offense to anyone, but the only Blaze player I feel is super strong (among those I've played) is Cidkid.

15. SDS_Overfiend1

Hell yeah no doubt you have one helluva good Blaze you are not a spammer but you play hard and i enjoy that the most. I have to get a nice long session in with you soon also so i can learn his ways and frequencies. I wont lie i suck at fighting Blaze lol!

True Indeed Happy_friend he has a magic button i swear IT.
    I take my ass whoopins like a man but one thing i hate is to get bullshitted on a bug , A exploit or a inconsistancy (Getting tracked on a side step by a linear move with ittle life left when it worked 10 times before.). AS far as Cidkid Goes i witness his destruction first hand. Months ago we have a top ten topic going on aroud her and he was the first person i mentioned.Couple with the fact he uses El Blaze and he get aways with murder you have to fight extremly hard.

16. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants

You're talking about hit box "issues." El Blaze can go under several "higher" mids, and can jump over "lower" mids.

The problem isn't the game; it's your inability to adapt and use different attacks.

If you consistently perform <u>failed evades</u>, <u>step into half-circs</u>, or <u>pressing anything after a successful evade</u>, you will consistently get hit by attacks and strings.

17. SDS_Overfiend1

You send me a invite and i will show you my inability to adapt.Don't talk shit Sebo you don't know me. Fuck what you say the problem is the game. If a motherfucker jumps before a move and he's in mid air but is considered crouching is bullshit. It means we been lie to our whole life about where you are concerning gravity. He has bullshit conllision boxes and Sega remove height tracking ever since 2 and it evidently is the case here cause even when he nots jumping a simple /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif goes over his head. In Brads Case and we all know /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a set up for most people that comes in like second nature. Just because it happen once did'nt mean i don't adapt it was something i noticed.

18. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants

Hello.

I was going to say some thing but regardless of how I package it as it will come off as a personal attack.

Good evening to you too.

19. RawEmpire

RawEmpire Well-Known Member

Stop complaining like a little girl. The reason why you cant hit him with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif when he does the "Low Drop Kick" is because that attack is a "low" attack, while /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a "high" attack. You almost sound like a noob crying about someone grabbing them while their blocking. If your having that many problems fighting El Blaze, maybe you should consider going to the dojo and practicing against him... sheesh don't you hate when grown men cry?
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dRUwVbATnk8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dRUwVbATnk8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

20. SDS_Overfiend1

RMAOTFL!! What are you coming to Sebo and El Blaze's defense for like that?
    What are you Emo? I bet you have a Room full of El Blaze posters so you can look at him in all his 3-D glory right? I bet you brought VF5 so you can see him topless right? When you log on to this site you like to see Blaze doing one arm push ups cause you wish you were under him right? You fucking Homo. Your Trash Nigga just like Sebo and the rest of these Weak ass dudes who try to correct everybody but ain't shit when comp comes through.

Take your thong off a let it air out.