1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

nottahitbox (I had to do it)

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by GodEater, Sep 12, 2012.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I totally had to do it. I boxed my console some time back because I ran out of time to play/practice/be free and FS was a total distraction (thanks, Tricky). but over the last month I've been puttering around with pieces of sticks and plexiglass I had lying around and so with a spare 20 minutes here and there I threw this together.

[​IMG]

totally not finished (haven't even sanded down the spill over glue on the wood). I just couldn't wait so I unboxed the console to test my solders etc and, for once, everything actually worked the first time. I honestly think that is a first. I usually have to shake my fists at the empty and loathsome air.

button layout came from the web, some chap had uploaded a pretty good knockoff of the design. sanwa buttons came from stock I had left over - everything was basically old or half finished projects that I took apart and threw together Frankenstein styles.

Anyway, there is definitely an adjustment period. especially the [8] button placement. but after about a half hour solid of mucking about I was slowly re-learning the game. I had to go through the movelist for Pai and then do the tutorials all over again just to try and re-train my hands.

I'm about to re-box the console but in October I'll pull it all out again and see if anyone is still playing. be fun trying to get average again on a different input method.

AnimalStaccato and Chanchai like this.
  2. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Welcome, to the future.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Please can you send me the template you used?
    Anyway... looks pretty solid :)

4. GodEater

PM me your email - I can't remember the url, but I have the image.

5. GodEater

you were the Brad player that used the Hitbox at EVO, right? Did you play VF previous to having a hitbox?

6. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    I played 5o casually on stick. I bought a hitbox specifically for VF and FS, since that's when I started getting serious. I use a stick for other games I played, though if I ever pick up Persona or the new GG I want to try learning those on the box.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Yeah, Panda was playing fighting games (including vanilla and FS even) prior to having a Hit Box. Before he had his Hit Box dual-modded, he played VF on stick and on hit box depending on the system, even ^_^