1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Now I Fumming MADDDD!

Discussion in 'General' started by SummAh, Feb 9, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

SRK.com
    BUNCH OF DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!
    The latest thread on 3S goes something like this.

3S is
    a)random
    b)no strategy need
    c)why learn to parry when all u need is parry the last move
    d)slow
    e)bad music
    f)cannot link two jabs together..
    ETC,ETC

And they call themselves Capcom gamers...

Worst thing is I have ppl who DO not play the game tell me
    'u're wrong'.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

hehe Like I said, SRK represents the cali crowd. Which is cool with me when you're not talking about Third Strike.

I could say a bunch about Cali itself, but that would be stereotyping (though I still believe much of it). It wouldn't be necessary here. I like and dislike the place and its people. World goes round, fact of life (there's generally something to like and dislike about everything).

As for Third Strike, the ignorance of it is high. Watching how it was played at B4 was depressing. And well, the B5 decision to exclude the game might have been a decent decision. I don't know if the truly good 3S players that do exist in the US were gonna go to the event at all to begin with. Whether or not the game would have been there. 3S just isn't a West Coast game I guess.

On a sidenote, I've brought it up many times and so did Ice recently. 3S is like Street Fighter moving towards some of the mechanics of VF. The result is actually similar to the mindgames in VF imo. Parries seem to be tools that give the counterable advantages that VF has (in its blocking system). Small attacks aren't heavily punished when parried (no damage though and lets you defend further), bigger attacks tend to give a small incrementally bigger advantage to the parry-er.

-Chanchai

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

U know what?
    After Japan, US will be next.

I'm gonna fly over to cali, look up all those so called 'expert'

N WIN THEM!!!!!!

And I can do it!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hahah you could buy a VFX machine for the money it'll cost you flying around the globe trying to make fools of the SRK boys,so how strong is the third strike scene over there?

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

pretty good
    some good players
    Saw an EXECLLENT Ryu and Hugo player

God damn Hugo...always slapping ppl with both hands REPEATEDLY...and the walk up 720

God ...the terror...

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 2/11/01 10:38 PM.</FONT></P>