1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Nuance Questions about JAP VF4

Discussion in 'Console' started by jason_krueger, Mar 1, 2002.

1. jason_krueger

jason_krueger Member

For those of you who read my last post concerning the performance of NTSC games such as VF4 on PAL PS2s, it turns out that while a patched NTSC game will not work, an original one will.

Needless to say, I now have the original copy and have been happily playing for last few hours, and have a few comments and questions to ask.

Firstly, my impressions. I think that the game is fairly ugly, and while I do not want to spark another one of these debates, it is my honest opinion that the PS2 hardware could have been used to a better level and that VF4 ultimately looks like a port rather than a conversion. But that doesn't matter to anyone concerned with gameplay, yes?

The questions I have are minor, and may have been brought up before, but don't show up in a search for some reason. They are;

1. Is there a way to force a slow-motion end of round replay as in VF2?

2. Where can I find a concise translation of the menus, esp. the free training menu? I think that to translate the complex training mode would be too difficult.

3. JAP VF4 runs at the same speed as the arcade, yes?

Any replies are greatly appreciated. Now if you will excuse me, I have left my PS2 running ...

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

1. I don't think you can. (slo mo)
    2. Piccolo/Nandato's working on a translation of the free training menu. Moby may also have some work done on this. Do a search for the word "Translation" on this message board, you'll probably find Piccolo's post. Otherwise you can send them a private message asking for a copy..
    3. The game feels like the same speed (assuming you're talking about PS2).