1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Nurturing a young ego

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by vanity, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Re: Nurturing a young akira

Hey dude, we have to get together sometime and play some VF, Im kinda weak on my game right now because I've been playing T5. Trying to get back on the scene, with no scene sucks ass. /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif Aoi power!!!

2. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Ha ha, what a coincedence, 'cause I've been playing T5 myself. Right now all I have been playing is VF and T5. Even though I just started to play T5 I still whooped my friend once and he's a Tekken veteran. But that's ok though 'cause he's not that good at VF.

But hey, maybe we can call Madrox and give him an invite. Would be nice to see how he's been doing with his Jeffry so far.

But were getting off the topic here and I porbably will get flamed for this (my apologies in advance) so post in the Chicago thread or pm.

3. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Akira_PH: Hey, maybe you should come visit C-bus someday. There are not many scenes in the Midwest as far as VF's concerned. I really like your confidence.

Kiwie: Thanks. /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Jerky: /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. geR

geR Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

Make sure you can knee in wall combos 100% and do stumble throw -> sngplm -> dblplm 100%.

Make sure you can box step cleanly.

Make sure you can use SPOD 100%, and use as reverse nitaku.

After a P-counterable move like shrm, dblplm, or yoho, make sure you can DTEG, then EDTEG on reaction if they do a single P.

Make sure you can ARE with yoho 100% after DE, snglplm -> DE, and dbl fist strike get blocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

erm what is a nitaku, and DTEG AND EDTEG

5. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Nitaku means attacking even when you should be guarding when at disadvantage.

DTEG = double throw escapes followed by guard.
    EDTEG= Evade double throw escapes followed by guard.

Since you are from SG, you should meet up with the rest of almost extinct SG VF players for a more in-depth understanding of VF FT.

We should be meeting up at Bugis arcade this Friday. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

[ QUOTE ]
    danny13 said:

Nitaku means attacking even when you should be guarding when at disadvantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, nitaku in Japanese means two-choice. It describes a situation where you're in a position to either attack or throw and your opponent must choose to defend against these two choices. If you choose to attack, the opponent must guard, but if they simply guard then they'd be vulnerable to a throw.

A nitaku, or two-choice, situation usually arises when you have advantage.

7. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

err oops.

I was explaining reverse nitaku more than nitaku. As mentioned earlier, reverse nitaku with SPOD.

8. geR

geR Member

ah friday eh, i try to be there, lol but my brothers would be there, a shun player and another brother using erm almost all kinds of characters. oh btw thanks danny ! looking forward to see you all there !