1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Nvidia GTX1080 dropping 5/27/16. GG to the following:

Discussion in 'General' started by Shang, May 7, 2016.

1. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Err... Whaaaa? Games are meant to be fun and as distractions.

And I honestly don't see how something is not being "competitive gaming" relation to it being a successful platform. Majority of games are not meant to be competitive at all..

Best way to game is mouse/KB/monitor? Wha???????? You on crack? You play VF with mouse/KB? Play racing sims with mouse/KB? If this is remotely true, console market wouldn't exist.
    I swear the more you talk the more wacky you become. Play some shit yet? I'm waiting.

leftylizard likes this.
  2. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Yo @Libertine!! Wanna buy my gigabyte g1 gaming 980ti for 400$? That's 1/2 of what you paid!!!! Limited time offer Gogogogo!

3. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Context. It will be a distraction, but not interesting enough to keep my attention. It seems gimmicky to me.

I was speaking in general. Steering wheels and pedals are best for racing games, arcade sticks are best for fighting games, and a keyboard and mouse is best for most if not all the rest. Gamepads suck. They're meant for general use.

The console market exists for many reasons. It doesn't mean that PC gaming isn't much better...

4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

@Libertine and @Zass so mad right now, can't even make any sense...

If this tool ran NYGX-2, we'd all be playing on mouse/kb!!!

OWNED@!!

Chief_Flash likes this.
  5. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Yeah, we'd all be playing on a mouse and keyboard, right after I said that arcade sticks are best for fighting games...

That video was fake as fuck.

6. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Lolololol! He mad he mad!

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  7. Libertine

I'm interested in what the performance difference will be between the 1070 and the 1080. With the 970 and 980, there wasn't that much of a difference, yet the latter cost much more.

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Wow!! @Libertine!! For the first time you actually raised a good question.. I mean from your disaster PC build to your transgenderphobic rant, I didn't think you could convey a thought unless it was written on paper for you.
    Now for the 2nd part, how about give some predictions on the 1070 vs 1080 performance scale base on the GPU market and nvidias competition.

I'm waiting to laugh. your move.

Chief_Flash likes this.
  9. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Shang offer a GTX 1080 as a price in NYGX-2 as a price, maybe libertine will win it.

Chief_Flash likes this.
  10. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

No thanks, @Tricky aint getting a 1080 from me.

Chief_Flash, Ellis and steelbaz like this.
  11. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Shang tricky don't even own an actual desktop. I believe he has a surface 3.

Tricky likes this.
  12. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

he doesn't own a pc, doesn't mean he can't win a 1080 if i offer it to the winner of nygx2... and given the amount of competition i expect at nygx2, he probably will win the shit like last year. aka i ain't offering no 1080, so @Tricky can take more of my money. I mean who's he gotta beat to win? @BBountyHuntyr... hello????? aka pee in pants during tournament @Rodnutz jr???

Tricky and Chief_Flash like this.
  13. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

@cruzlink2 is right @Shang, I don't have a desktop. I live my PC life off my surface pro3. I'd love to get the SP4 though :(

14. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Did I say he was wrong? I know you have SP cuz you mentioned like 6 times, and used as an excuse of how you can't get raped in SWB.

I meant it doesn't matter you have a PC or not, I ain't putting up a 1080 so you can win it. PC or no PC. Fuck off pls.

And MS Surface sucks dick, 1,2,3,4 doesn't matter. Just matter of degree of how much they suck relativity. How can you use that POS is beyond me. I mean fuck! They had to PAY the NFL to use that gay shit so people can see that logo every time there's a football game on. surface sucks, and if you use it, you suck too. It's just a matter you know it or not.

Neither way no 1080 for you!

Tricky likes this.
  15. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Actually how about this @cruzlink2, I'll toss up a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 512GB as the winning prize of NYGX-2 singles tournament?

What say you?

Tricky likes this.
  16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

[​IMG]
    Yo I would fight so hard for this. I'd bring it Sega Cup Style

17. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

W..
    T..
    F...

Is that a face with ball sack attach to it? Wtf wtf?
    @Chief_Flash ?

Tricky likes this.
  18. Libertine

Well, my PC build isn't a disaster, and that transgender shit is disgusting as fuck.

As for predictions on the graphics cards, it's hard to say. It really depends upon what games are being used for comparison, and what is happening in the game. I watched a video comparing the R9 Fury X and 980 Ti in Dark Souls 3, and the 980 Ti was able to remain more stable. This wasn't a surprise, but what was a surprise was the fact that the R9 Fury X was dropping frames for no apparent fucking reason. Nothing was happening on screen that should be using the graphics card so much. I can't say that I understand it.

As for the 1070 vs. the 1080, if it's anything like the comparison between the 970 and the 980 in Crysis 3, then the 1080 will lead by a few frames, but not much more.

19. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    i wonder what "that" in the "transgender shit // disgusting as fuck" means, because it is a specific article. but it might just be as lazy as using "fuck" as a comparison to what you think about those of us born as thus.
    personally i don't think "fuck" is disgusting but that might be because im not a virgin and actually quite like having such with the right girl/woman.
    tho in a free world you are entitled to think "fuck" and "transgender people" are "disgusting", just as much as i am free to feel your 980 purchase was terribly misguided and a mistake, especially considering you asked us who might be wiser about tech for advice only to go against it ^^

more important tho is that the awesomely look and brains girl i am dating finds me awes ^^

good luck anyhow :)

Tricky likes this.
  20. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Ellis and Tricky like this.