1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NY Crew Movies

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Chanchai, Oct 22, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey NY Crew,

I like your videos so far (still watching them right now). Damn, you're really giving a lot of footage here!!! I LOVE IT/images/icons/smile.gif

Are you guys planning on doing this everytime one of your weekly sessions go really good? I assume they're always good, but you know what I mean. It's greatly appreciated.

Are these from Friday (Oct 20th, 2000) night? Speaking of Friday night, I played with two fellow VFers in Portland (two pals of mine) and we had a blast/images/icons/smile.gif I'm glad the energy's still alive on both sides of the continent/images/icons/smile.gif

First of all, I'm dead sure that all of the NY Crew Production clips (except the combos one as well as Adam vs. Andy w/ Jpop background) are recorded from a camcorder set to videotape the action on Andy's wall (VF games being projected on Andy's wall and all), hence the color temperature and all. Is this correct? If so, just thought it would clarify to some why they turn out this way as opposed to something that happened in the capturing process. In any case, I love it, and man... Not that I'm a big fan of the windows media format, but this one... it's seriously compressed that much?! (I'll let those who download it compare the file size to the play time). Is part of it stored somewhere online?! sheesh...

Anyways, keep it up guys and it's good to see even more of your guys' playing.

-Chanchai

2. Chanchai

One other thing, can you give descriptive (though there wasn't need in these clips) titles to each segment? On mine it comes out as like clip 16, 17, etc...

More like, sub-titles... I'm using the old Media Player though, but in the description box (I think) that's what I get... Clip numbers.

BTW, I would love higher quality alternatives, but that's up to you. I won't push for it or anything, because I do like what is there. However, higher quality would make it a bit more easy for me to REALLY see everything (though it's not that big of an issue at all). I do like the clips as you have them, just takes me a bit for my eyes to adjust to them (either that or take away all contrasting brightness off my screen so my eyes completely focus on the movie hehe)

Heheh, cool, I miss the sounds of all that clicking/images/icons/smile.gif You don't hear it that much from us Portland peeps (no pun intended). Too bad I don't think I heard what I like to call, "Nelson's struggle of death" hehehe

I LOVE THAT SONG "ROCK ME!!!!"

P.S. umm, Rich, Myke... don't know what you'll think of that song :p
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 10/22/00 09:32 AM.</FONT></P>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hah! Andy! When did ya start playing Jacky?...was kinda expecting your pai ;)
    Great footage guys...makes me regret not coming to NYG2 :)

--sa

4. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ahhh, memories.. when andy used to play
    pai...those were the days, the good old days. :)

c'mon andy bring pai back! :p

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

5. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    SHHADUP!!!! You just fear my heelkick Sal! "YEEEEEAAAHHHH ALL RIGHT!!" :) hehehe

CrewNYC

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by adamYUKI on 10/22/00 04:39 PM.</FONT></P>

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

of course i do! doesnt everybody fear f+PK..

cross changer!!!

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    P.S. umm, Rich, Myke... don't know what you'll think of that song :p

You mean the bgm? I actually kinda liked it, but hearing it 3 times in a row was a bit much. Nice games though :)

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

nonono, I think Chanchai means the updated video, not the test video that was up the day before. The new one has a JPOP song in it called Rock Me. The older video had bgm that was looping. :)

CrewNYC

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Oh, I didn't know it was updated. I'll check it out when I get home tonight only to see if Chanchai was correct in his assumption that I might not like it (the song). In general I don't like jpop, or any other manufactured music deemed as pop, but I like to think I have an open mind (at times).

That's some mad compression on the movie though if you don't care much for the quality. The downside is that I can only view it under a microsoft OS, and this peeves me about as much as the Sorensen codec being unavailable outside of Apple's Quicktime software.

On the movie front, I'll be posing a new one soon. This time, with {Doomboy} on the grill.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

10. Chanchai

Well, it's not the modern kind of J-Pop. Rock Me is from Bubble Gum Crisis, and well, it's J-Rock (yeah, yeah, lump it into Pop if you will) with some "Engrish" in it/images/icons/smile.gif

I just like it though, not necessarily original, but I liked the song. As you know, I like too many things/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

11. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

>he downside is that I can only view it under a microsoft OS

mac OS can view asf w/o any trouble.
    not that i have, or plan to d/l the movies.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

12. Chanchai

I think it's a newer format than .asf.

.wmv I believe.

13. Mr. Bungle

joy.

--

14. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    .wmv is the same as .asf as far as I can tell. I think Microsoft just tried using a new extension. The compression seems to be about the same. I would have used .mpg or maybe even real if someone requested it. Rich are you not downloading the movies simply because of the format? or because you're trying to send a message to us?

CrewNYC

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

15. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

please don't use real! pleeease?

As will be evidenced very soon MPGS are huge
    downloads for small amount of video. I like
    the ASF format, especially since you guys seem
    to showcase long vids.

GE

16. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

or because you're trying to send a message to us?

Hahaha. I thought you two's comments to be funny, being an observer.

For me, it's not like I do not know how you guys play the game!! And...Andy...I still see you haven't been able to shake off your Jacky's bad habit...hehe.

17. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

shoottaaa?

which bad habits? fill fill fill!

GE

18. Mr. Bungle

no, i'm not. i don't want to dl 15 mb of movies on a 56k.

i am pretty sure, though, that _you_ were trying to send me a message when you wrote (and then deleted) this:

In response to:
    Poster: adamYUKI
    Subject: Re: NY Crew Movies
    Thats quite ok. Your not good enough to view them. Try TFT knee again....even with all my headjerks I'd still consistently manage to outbeat you....Needless to say, not a single win against me at NYG2. Arcade or not i'm sure I would...
    CrewNYC
    ORA! ORA! ORA!
    adamYUKI

=====

cute. i liked the "consistently" in huge letters.
    (see world.std.com/~opus/misc_crap/andynuclear.pict)

a) headjerks? me and another couldn't figure that out.

b) aye, consistently. although "single victory" is bullshit (if only just).

anything else you'd like to get off your chest?

--

19. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Sure, I was polite enought to delete the post, but since you dredged it up, Sure its very true, at least against me it is. Want to prove otherwise? Ask ChanChai for a copy of the tapes. There wasnt a single win against me with your Kage. (to be fair too, it was out of maybe like 5 matches of the whole NYG2 that we played) My real reason for posting it though was the fact that I wanted to know whether you were trying to send some sort of message to us, which I didn't think was out of the question.

GE/Shota: The video against shun showed alot of Elbow heelkicks, that was practice, watch the wolf matches. I threw very few elbow heelkicks, all of them were single elbows, even when I staggered I tended to backup afterwards. I used heelkick only on dely of after say ppp. Those matches show more what I play Jacky like on a serious basis. But like Adam did say, I do throw too many of them in general. I rely on them out of habit, its true. It depends on the person im playing I guess. But I've been ingraining it to just throw elbows and play throw, backup (to wait for wiffs of moves) or CD p+mc games after the elbow. Backup seems to be the safest option, since most people try to struggle out of the grab.

CrewNYC

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by adamYUKI on 10/23/00 00:26 AM.</FONT></P>

20. Mr. Bungle

>but since you dredged it up

i didn't dredge it up. you posted it. i saw it. i responded to it. don't hold me accountable for something you said.

as far as the wins: ..okay. i'll go on your word and accept it.

is there some point to that beyond assinine chest beating? are you suggesting my performance in a few hours of miserable play at NYG2 invalidates anything i say on the board?

--