1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC gathering. invitation for Boston Crew and Chicago Crew...

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Sudden_Death, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

TeamNYC woud like to invite Boston Crew and Chicago Crew to NYC May 3rd-5th for the first informal NYC gathering.

Special guest Sumeragi (Mike) will likely make an appearance as well as Eric Aka Shou-sama (akira, lion) from STL .

TeamNYC consists of,
    Adam aka AdamYUKI, (Akira, Lau)
    Andy aka CrewNYC, Lau, Jacky, Akira, Lei Fei, Wolf)
    Nelson aka GhettoShun, (Shun, Kage)
    Sal aka Piccolo, (Kage, akira, jeff)
    Rodney aka OmahaJeff, (Jeffry, Kage, Vanessa)
    Hiro (when he returns) (wolf, evryone?)

its just an informal gathering, so only those who are invited (now dont think we're stuck up ok :p ). cause its not gonna be a huge gathering, we'll have that in the summer. )

sincerely,

TeamNYC

RSVP

2. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    i think im gonna drop kage /versus/images/icons/frown.gif for akira. I just can't find a groove with him. But i will keep him on the back burner /versus/images/icons/smile.gif..... wtf may 3 man i don't know SPIDERMAN comes out that they, and I got reservations to see it 2 times, back to back /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. heh but that don't mean I won't be there. Wow SPIDEY and vf4 all in one weekend, *OMAHA JEFF falls to ground and passes out*.

3. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

oh, noooooooo...
    shoot.
    I do have vacation that weekend, but i reserved for standing in line for Star wars tickets..... Anyway,, that might be on 5/2/02 so I can fly or preferably drive over there (if anyone here joins me) on that night...

Damn, I have sleep with my mom again and ask her for permission..

boy-stino

4. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

If I'm welcome? Where are you guys having the get together?

5. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I've heard grand stories about the NYC crew and would love to meet all of you for the experience. It just seems that some locals just don't clue me into these things and I bump into these threads by accident (hmm shoe-sama) Anyway, if you have an extra place cool, if not maybe summertime gathering then?
    P.S. I have friends who live out there, so I wouldn't be a burden if it was a space issue.
    Late /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

God damn it. Count me out. That's the weekend of one of my best friends b-day. We've got plans to hit the strip clubs /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. Finally the bastards turning legal! Time to break him in..........

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

awww, I wish I was invited...

Anyways, have fun!

-Chanchai

8. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

I think I speak for the Boston crew when I ask this: Will this gathering take place somwhere in NYC or the tip of Long Island like the very first NYG. I am sorry that Andrew seems to be out. But the rest of us would need to know the answer to this.

Thanks

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Remember lap dances are x dollars per song... heh. =)

I'm not likely to make this one either, as I'm on vacation from work next week, and I doubt I'll be able to get anyone to cover for me on the 3rd or 4th...

10. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

I would also like to know where in NYC this gathering will take place. That would help me identify which airport I should fly into....provided that I can find something for a reasonable price.

11. Sudden_Death

the gathering will take place:

one day at adam's new place in manhattan, ny
    and one day at andy's place also in manhattan, ny

12. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Hey, shota,
    let me know what kind of prices you get.. I'd actually like to join the trip..
    I think my GF/ cousin may also, but who knows
    I'll do my research now..
    Anyone if newark airport is cheaper to arrive to???
    Still contemplating driving though.. Does anyone where I would be able to park if i did drive??

cruise-stino

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Ah Shota...

Ur "victims" have been complaining abt ur 'hop Kick' Lau over in IRC.
    Good to know u're not MIA as I once feared.

14. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Yeah, and unfortunately it's rubbed off on one of the locals...Lonelyfighter thinks that Lau is "cool" now. God help us. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Now he's torn, since he's convinced that he shouldn't play more than two characters, he doesn't know if he wants Lau or Jeff to be his second.

15. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Hey Sal you forgot me, Nan (Kage)
    If anyone of you Chicago and/or Boston crew get crazy enough to want to visit Jersey, I will be here to host /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Of course I will join the gathering in NYC as well. By the way, isn't Adam's place in Queens instead of Manhattan?

16. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Wow.

I didn't even know about this "TeamNYC" gathering until a few days ago! How the hell did it get started? But people are welcome to play/sleep at my place for Friday evening into Saturday evening. If sleeping over, please bring sleeping bags and whatever will make your night comfortable. There will be two setups in a fairly spacious living room (haven't bought much furniture yet).

Glad to see Sumeragi, Shota, and Mason have resurfaced. Can't wait to play you all soon. Mason, you coming with any of the Boston krew?

My place is located in QUEENS (20 minutes from Manhattan). The closest airport would be LaGuardia (LAX) and then JFK Airport. Parking can be a bitch around my hood, so be warned.

Can't wait to unleash more of my scrub Lau.....buwahhahahah!

17. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

Hi Adam, this is sumer, sorry but I probably can't make it this time. I am very busy this past week so i didn't manage to get an air ticket while it was still affordable. I will still visit New York later on though (by car T-T ), maybe sometime around May9-20th. Can't wait to be scrub out by your Lau! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

18. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Prospect of me attending is also slim; I could not find an airplane ticket for a reasonable price. Oh well, airlines usually release last-minute bargain deals on Wednesdays, so I'm crossing my fingers to see something good next Wednesday.

Can't wait to be scrub out by your Lau!

Ghh...why does everyone now play Lau? I thought Sumeragi and I were the only defenders of Lau in NA since the days of 3tb.

...ok...time to work on palm (b,f+P) combo.

19. Sudden_Death

oh well, this thing is cancelled. maybe next time.

lots of folks are saying they aint going (sho sama, sumeragi..) so i guess its cancelled.

laterz