1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC VF Team Xiao Long Bao / 小籠包

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by kungfusmurf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Re: NYCLAN meetup this Friday 2-16-07

We hope to have at least 2 setups tonight.

Also, we should have some rules setup so no one hogs one setup for too long. I'm think maybe we should set a win cap.

I know some will be totally against that idea but we really should be more open to new players to get into the game. I have heard plenty of stories of people giving up on VF because they get trounced playing vets and feel like its useless to keep playing.

Even though I have played less than 10 games of VF5 so far I think it is safe to say this version of VF is more forgiving than in previous games. Defensive techniques are more intuitive with evade-back dash cancel and more advantaged needed for true nitaku.........

I'm rambling, let's just play the damn game! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

2. BlissBless

BlissBless Member

Hi, I played VF casually in when I lived in Korea, and I was wondering if there are any arcades with VF in NYC..
    I live in Jersey City.. pretty close to NYC..
    Looks like you guys are having an event today.. Guess I missed it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

3. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Hey Shagster, didn't I christen your Goh "Darkness" ?

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

Chinatown Fair has a cabinet with VF4 but no one plays on it. We have a dual cabinet with FT at someones apartment.

Right now we are playing VF5 on PS3 and using Hori FS3's to play. Keep visting this thread as we meetup regularly, usually on weekends.

I can't remember when I came up with that name. Come to think of it, you just might have!/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

That time I went to your place I think Dave Chappelle's Rick James skit was fresh and as we played you would say stuff like "Get your hands of me you...Darkness!"

5. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

I have to admit, just watching VF5 yesterday was hot. The interface, the strange commentary lol, the music, and the ringout into the water were all cool to see. I was watching the whole time with Virtuapai and I decided not to play because I'm not a stick player at all (not that the PS pad would be any good for this). So for now, I'll just watch when the DoA crew needs a break for VF, maybe I'll jump in eventually. Nice to see that the game is smoother and looks a lot better, even from a beginner's POV.

Dam, you guys had plenty of people yesterday. You guys should come and try DoA sometime. NYCLAN is a good place.

6. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

Whoa now. Where'd he get and how much was it?

7. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was because the 2p Goh was named Darkman, and that then became "Darkness," and "Darkness, black magic, muthfuckas!"

We have to get together soon. Either here or at Throwmasta's. I have PS3 and soon will get a new tv.

8. Re: NYCLAN meetup this Friday 2-16-07

Shag where do you guys play now? I'm thinking of going to the next session if work permits. I'm assuming that it will be held again on Friday??

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

I'm glad you had fun watching us play. We all enjoyed our time playing, hopefully next time we will have more VF players turn up.

And next time I promise to get into some DOA action. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

He sorta inheritied it because the owner left the country and out of our crew he was the only one who could move it and have space to keep it.

The owner bought the Astro-city dual cabinet back in '02 and we had Evo ver. A running on it. We group purchased FT in the fall of '04.

O.K. I fully remember now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Rowell? Another username? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

We will probably alternate Fridays playing VF and shooting pool. Your welcome to join us in both. Some guys will have home sessions in Brooklyn and the Bronx on Saturdays and Sundays it seems. I'll be sure to keep you posted on what's going on.

10. Re: NYCLAN meetup this Friday 2-16-07

I see. That sounds good. I'm definitely down for both VF and pool. Thanks for the reply. ^_^

11. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

I see. I guess what I meant was more of... How would I go about getting FT and how much does it cost?

12. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

^I left out costs on purpose because I don't know how much everything went for when they we're purchased.

I recently bought a FT kit sans control panels from coinopexpress.com a few months ago. They have a full kit for sale here. VF4:FT full kit

Also, you might want to contact Kaminari_Oyaji here on the boards. He is selling his FT kit, it comes with 2 modded Hori RAP so you can play right away. You can read more here. Kaminari_Oyaji's FULL FT KIT FOR SALE

13. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

I see. Not too bad at all. Thanks for the info.

14. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Those TV's were nice!

15. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Hey guys... So, looks like we're homeless again? Just wondering who's playing and where. I'm feeling the itch again now that VF5 is out... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Best,

-Jason

16. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Re: Team <<Capote La>> {NYC VF} thread.

Any of you slackers doing anything for VF5? Shit, if nothing happens, I'm going to do something at my crib.

17. Yuki-sensei

Yuki-sensei Well-Known Member

Shit man, that's damn good. sorry i missed out last time

18. THE_TRUTH

THE_TRUTH New Member

rodney:
    new blood is getting hated on when tring to learn the game
    old men on friday were no help
    even followed them to dinner to call them out on it

denkai:
    who cares if PLegends or others tring to play the game
    (even if its for the wronge reason$), let them try bro..
    with that learning curve..

19. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

whoa whats this? what happned?

20. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

the drama in new york never ceases