1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC VF Team Xiao Long Bao / 小籠包

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by kungfusmurf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Re: <<Team XLP (Xiao Long Pao)>> {NYC VF} thread

What time do most of you guys show up? I'll be there rocking my Wu tang windbreaker jacket /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

2. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

We'll be there around 8, some may be early. I'll try to get there around 7.

3. hakdizzle

hakdizzle New Member

Im new to this. I just wanted to know if it was open to everyone and can we use a sixaxis or arcade stick is mandatory. Its going to take place in nyclan correct? Thanx

4. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

you can use anything you want,yea we all play in NYCLAN and it is open to everyone so welcome

5. hakdizzle

hakdizzle New Member

thanx but is there going to be a tornament in nyclan anytime soon cuz i got confused with socal dates thanx for the help.

P.s. when do u guys usually go there

6. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I'm selling my FS3 if anyone is interested for $45. It's barely used. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

7. VFhayato

Hey guys,just to let you guys know,that alex aka john from webtozone says that if anyone willing to atleast bring a ps3 over at webz for VF5 that he says he's going to hold down 2 of the lcds and place them infront of the stairs like last time but back to back so that it will look like we had the cabs back so if you want it will be 2 setups but he still dont have the ps3 yet at webs so it's up to you if you guys want to do this setups,i mean i'll bring my ps3 over at web if i didn't have work and also wanted to know if people want to donate to help get a ps3 over at webz and says that it will only be for VF5, that's us,because we donate the money for this,so let me know on what you guys think,just chatting with him about it now,if not it's no problem,he just he really likes it when we go there and have a good time and he really does help us out alot..

8. VFhayato

Smurf you still have the hori stick? i might just buy from you and give to webz that's a start

9. VFhayato

sorry,i mean Crt's 20 inches

10. Oioron

CRTs, boo!!! It's not as sexy as you said earlier /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (teabags) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

11. VFhayato

lol

12. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

Re: NYCLAN meetup this Friday 2-16-07

Random idea: Someone should try to convince the owner of CTF to trade in the VF4 machine for one of these FT machines.

13. VFhayato

just wondering how many people have a ps3 system,my name on it in playstaion home is VFhayato

14. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

ok... I been thinking about this for the past few days and now I am finally going to come out and say what's on my mind.

Everyone.... we really need to figure this constant stick to pad, back to stick, back to pad switching crap. It's driving me fucking crazy and I am not going to stand for it anymore. I do not travel for 30 minutes or more to be held up every match while we wait for people to configure there pads, or wait for someone to revert back to stick default settings. I don't fucking get it... People spend $130+ for high grades so everyone can play VF5 comfortably and at its best and players are still reaching for a PS3 pad. WTF! Am I missing something? Plus it's really annoying because not everyone has a PS3, so halve the time it's takes them some time to figure out how to hold the PS button to bring up the controller assignment screen. Now some of you might think this is unfair, but I don't think so. I do not know why most of you play VF, and personally I don't really care. I know why I play VF and that's because I want to be strong. Now before you go thinking Rodney is a dick, remember that this is the same Rodney that will help anyone of you become stronger just as long as your serious and not wasting my time. Plus I would help anyone of you guys outside of VF just as long as it's within my limits... So, with that said we need to figure something out that satisfies everyone.

I noticed on friday that everyone wants to play on the HDTV. That's fine! But, then I look behind me and Eric and Ben were just chilling for like 1-2 hours straight playing by themselves uninterrupted with 2 HGVS. Well I think I saw Monty step in for a few games, but that was about it. hhhhmmm! Is the HDTV really that important to everyone? If it is, then fine you guys can have my spot and I will personally move to a non HDTV asap if it means I won't have to deal with this pad to stick and vice versa nonsense. I could be a real dick and bring my own PS3 and 2 sticks and say "FUCK NO!... THERE WILL BE NO PADS ON THIS SYSTEM!" But, I am not like that so I am asking everyone for suggestions to rectify this problem so we all can be happy. I know a lot of you guys want to play with me and I want to play with you guys too. But, the fact that everyone sets their pad controls differently just slows the rotation down so bad that their were times in between rotations where I was so bored and frustrated that I would occassionally doze off. All I could think about was my bed and how I left it for this nonsense. If we can't figure out a solution, then you can pretty much count me out of future VF sessions as the wait time between games with everyone configing their controls is seriously rediculous. I will have no problems hanging out up front trying to learn how to play Gears Of War or Halo 2...

sorry if this post offended anyone, but I am sorry this is something that needs to be said and should have been said YEARS AGO! Right Sal?

So please... lets come up with a solution. I am asking for your help. Not demanding it!

15. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I agree & I think the pad should be banned from NYC VF.

Oh by the way to all the VF people that me & Ben know only you guys are always invited to our place as long as they call ahead of time & VF is always available @ our place.

16. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

I showed up pretty late last Friday and only played one game so I don't know how bad it was.

How many pad players among us are they? The only one I can think of is Denkai who can play on stick if coerced.

17. Oioron

It's just Denkai. It's more the new players and FS3 users (which is rare now, thank God!!!)

18. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

disclaimer for the sensitive people:
    this is a joke....

19. Heta_Akira

Heta_Akira Well-Known Member

In Dominican Republic, there are only two Joystick users.

BUT!!

Being 100% aware of the problem, that time used in chaging buttons is time not used for fighting, I created a official layout for the VF league in the Dominican Republic. Since my joystick were Hori Tekken, RAP the layout is different from standard VF console.

The Buttons are:
    L1 & L2 = G+P+K
    R1 = P+G
    R2 = P+K
    X = Guard
    S = Punch
    T = Kick
    C = K+G

Now using this layout for all users, it does not matter if you have pad or stick since the main buttons do not change.

People acepted the standard and even with our newest member that trained alone (with a different layout) is now playing this way.

Of course, now that I got a High Grade (came yesterday :D), the RAP3 feels like crap to me. So I will open the High Grade and change the buttons to our league layout.

Changing buttons config during matches? We outgrew that one months ago.

All for the league my friends.

Heta Akira

20. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

now this is the type of solutions I am looking for. Thank you very much. I wanted to add something like this to my post, but I didn't want to piss people off any more than I probably have already. It would be wonderful if all the pad players trained on a particular setting that matched the layout of the high grade sticks. But of coarse getting everyone to agreed and relearn their button mapping, well that's a whole nother ball game.

thanks again for the help Heta!