1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC VF Team Xiao Long Bao / 小籠包

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by kungfusmurf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    quit!

3. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    When is it?

4. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Never mind, just read up on it. The shortest time traveled for me would be 10 hours... Yikes.

5. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    See if you can carpool with @Harpooneer ? RitT is Saturday nov 14!

6. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
  7. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    @-BG- I'd be down to pony up gas money, but I can't drive so that may be a no go. I know that last year @Terracrush drove me up. I talked to him last night and told him you'd be down for carpooling. If the carpool plan falls through we can bus it, I used to do that every other month to visit my girlfriend and while it is a long trip there is basically no stress to it.

oneida likes this.
  8. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm down to carpool F&^##D yes please.

oneida likes this.
  9. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    if you guys end up bussing I can pick people up.

Tricky likes this.
  10. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    I'm down for it but I have class in Brooklyn that ends at 2pm. I don't think I'll be able to make this event; honestly thought VF tourney was on sunday

11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'll be bussing it if i'm unable to bum a ride on the carpool front.

oneida likes this.
  12. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

So as you guys may know I'm doing a gaming center in my shop which is now located in 2116 bath ave Brooklyn NY 11214 that is being call "I Fix Machine" I always had that name for 5 years already and next month will be 6 years now.

I have been planning this place for about at least 2 years now and I finally got everything going so far plan out. I'm still going to be fixing computers and servicing them and also fixing the arcade machines that i'm building and putting together using PC parts. NYC VF crew are also coming by the shop to set up shop and stream! Jose cruz will be helping me with this as well and getting the games up in there working and being use for play. I will not fix joysticks but if anyone wants to do business in fixing them are always welcome in my shop to start one. I also have a lot of respect for Henry from next level and want to keep the community alive with fighting games and also arcades from back in the days in which I grew up on.I'm trying my best to program and also get these games up and running with the help of Jose cruz! but next year will be a little different in my shop.

If any community want to play at my shop and set up a stream then you are welcome! if this gets better then I'll have more custom build arcade machine with it's own fighting game! with brand new hardware! The cost to play all day is $15 dollars! $2 for 30mins
    1 Hour gaming is $4 2 hour is $7 3 hours $10 Hourly mean ID to hold! we will also having controllers to rent which is $3 bucks. But bring your own fighting joystick!

the reason why is because these systems cost money! I mean a lot! i'm over here putting in a lot of work in trying to make this look good! It also took me some time to get this place legit! gaming nights are still in talks! But I know Saturday,Wednesday Friday and maybe Tuesday? will be from 12pm to 11pm! I'm still in works on that as well! but will let you guys know! My hours for fixing computers are from 10:30am to 8pm!

Follow me on facebook for any news feed
    https://www.facebook.com/Ifixmachine/

[​IMG]
    Still working on it!

[​IMG]
    Back of the room! This place is big! streaming area in where all the wires are all over the place! I'm still fixing this!

[​IMG]
    The shop

[​IMG]
    The front to the back! this place is big! I'll have more cabs coming soon and those tables will be gone! couple of xbox 360 setups plus PC for the arcade!

[​IMG]
    test test test! we will also have snacks as well. Mind the drinks!

Yea,visit the Facebook page and check out the pictures from before to after!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  13. VFhayato

Oh I forgot! I have a backyard! that's for gaming nights! in the summer!

14. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Your new place is epic dawg! Keep up the good work. That's a whole lot of good space. Use it wisely and hopefully in another 5-6 years we see store number 2 popping as a good sign of a " I Fix Machine " franchise.:D:D:D:D:D

btw I think you made a little typo on your gaming hours. It says 12am to 11pm. Don't you mean 12pm to 11pm? :p:p:p:p:p

Craigbot and VFhayato like this.
  15. VFhayato

Oh shit 12pm to 11pm I'll fix that

Craigbot likes this.
  16. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Good shit Haya!!

On a side note, I'm going to build a versus cab but I don't really know any good big monitor (27''-32'') that is lag free.
    Looking at your gdkk pics I saw the one with Street Fighter on it (the one with 2 player control panel) that seems quite big (27''??).
    How about that?
    You have any other big monitor in your shop for gaming?

17. VFhayato

That's a 32 inch TV Samsung I have like 3 in my shop in which i'm gonna use for the cabs. I also have 720p inch TV best buys TV which are great for gaming! insignia!!!

18. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    @G0d3L this website should be able to help. http://www.displaylag.com/

Back when I was gonna get a cab I was gonna get the TV below because it had great ratings. It's not 1080P but I could care less since most of the things I was gonna put in the cab was old Mame and retro console games.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078LSTWU...UTF8&colid=3FWG2SU9DR8C5&coliid=IPU7LPWFQ0G3P

Anyway check out the site. I'm sure it can be useful to you.

G0d3L likes this.
  19. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Haha Haya we are all excited to come by the new store and bust out the VF.

Tricky and VFhayato like this.
  20. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Our new day at haya's shop will for sure be a weekend day so no excuses for the 9-5 weekend warriors :).

Craigbot, Tricky and VFhayato like this.