1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC VF4 Frolic May 10-12th

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by adamYUKI, Apr 27, 2002.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    May 10-12th NYC will be hosting the VF4 Frolic. Here is a list of tentative participants,

Confirmed

adamYUKI
    CrewNYC
    GhettoShun
    Omaha Jeff
    piccolo
    nwx
    Sumeragi

Tentative

Boston

Shang
    Hyun
    Andrew
    Yupa
    Mason

Chicago

Shota
    Harold
    Faustino

St. Louis

Shou Sama
    Kaminari Oyaji

North Carolina

Ice-9

Details:

We will be playing one day at Andys place in manhattan and one day in my place in Queens. There will be multiple setups of VF4. Bring your own sticks if you like. We will be setting up new profiles on your PS2 memory cards so people can track their win/loss ratio and save replays to the card.

Getting to NYC

For everyone that needs cheap airfare check www.cheaptickets.com, www.travelocity.com, and www.priceline.com

On cheaptickets.com here is what we found for rates for Chicago Team:

Continental Airlines

May 10th
    Departs: Chicago O'Hare (ORD) 7:00 pm
    Arrives: Newark, NJ (EWR) 10:12 pm

May 12th
    Departs: Newark, NJ (EWR) 6:45 pm
    Arrives: Chicago O'Hare (ORD) 8:32 pm

Price $202.79 after taxes etc. $240.45

Depending when you can leave on Friday there are direct flights to LGA in NYC.

If you all decide to go you can use priceline.com and bid for 3 tickets at once. You might be able to get cheap fares about $100-$200.

We will arrange transportation for those flying in to NYC. Lodging will be provided but bring a pillow and/or sleeping bag for best comfort.

We can only accomodate a certain number of people so this small gathering is invite only. We will have a larger gathering later this summer.

adamYUKI

Prepare for an ass raping by my Jeffry

2. Kageh

Kageh Active Member

Finals end that weekend, but I have to move out.

I won't be able to make it. =(

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Cool avatar Kageh.

Adam and Andy, I'll do my best to make it down on the Saturday night.

For those that are flying, you could also try www.orbitz.com. I've been told by a few people that I know who travel a lot that it's a good place to find cheap airfairs.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry Adam, I won't be able to make it...May10-12 are my exact graduation dates!

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    congrats Jeff! I am glad you made it! Best wishes for your future man. Hopefully we can see you quite a bit before you venture off into the real world. wow scary :p

6. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Jeff! I know you sometimes had to go through difficult time, yeah, especially those Richmond days.

7. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

For those that are flying, you could also try www.orbitz.com. I've been told by a few people that I know who travel a lot that it's a good place to find cheap airfairs.

Yupa, thanks for the info. I've used Orbitz in the past and in general had good experience with them. I guess I'll have to be a bit lucky this time to find something below $200.

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Rodney, Shota, thanks guys, hopefully we'll be able to meet up and play again before "real life" for me begins!

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

my god jeff, u sound like u're in a hurry to meet 'real' life! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. imf

imf Well-Known Member

What about FL? We've got our tickets!

Blondie and I are coming =)

11. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Adam,
    unfortunately I won't make it..forgot mothers day is that weekend and in a single mom's home its a big deal, plus her b day on 5/10 .
    Sorry, looks like shota will be a sole representative, and after our play this weekend, its not such a bad thing..
    sheesh i need practice..

lame-stino

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I believe from past thread...this is an 'invitation only' gathering.

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

From Maryland
    Me is almost definate (I have to see how my finals scedual works out...I think they are all take home, so if I can get them done before hand, its a go)
    Phil may be able to make it.

14. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ok, like dont take it the wrong way :> its invite only.. please understand. this is happening on tiny appartments not on the hotel that it usually happens so space is VERY limited, a much bigger (hopefully) gathering will happen in the summer, but for now its just a couple of folks .

hope this clears any confusion, just see the list.

15. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Well, things are still not clear for the "Boston crew" but we will try to let you guys know by next week. I highly doubt all the people on your list will get there. But probably at least a couple of us will be there. (Since we will drive, not fly, last minute changes are quite possible.)

16. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

What? It's the May 10th? I thought it was the May 3rd.... pushed all the activities away for this coming weekend already /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Anyways, I will still make it on the 11th and/or 12th.

However, seems like I need to get some other actions going this weekend (4th and 5th). Anyone interested in coming over to my place to play this weekend? We can warm up for the following weekends gathering so we can kick a$$ /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

17. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> We can only accomodate a certain number of people so this small gathering is invite only.

if this is invite-only, then why in the name of timmy the flaming retard did you post this in a public forum?

18. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

19. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

cause it was an invite to the chicago, boston and st louis folks. but other people just want to come to the gathering despite the warnings, its a small room!!! do you really wanna be all uncomfortable?

but if andy lets them come, thas his choice. i have a feeling that andy just cant say say no when people ask if they can join in (and i understand why, its hard to tell ppl they cant come in, cause it might seem rude).

the first post ( the andy posted, via me) about the gathering said it clearly (boston, st. louis, chicago folks), by posting that, i think they wanted to avoid other people asking if they can join, but lo and behold people still asked, and of course andy cant say no cause of being afraid to be called rude. folks dont understand that its a "small" gathering because of the place its taking place (an apartment). if ppl were smart they would not ask if they can come!! (someone had to say it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif ), cause of course we wont say no!! we gotta be polite and shit. :p

thas how i see it.

andy, lesson learned, use primate msg next time when holding these "private" gatherings.

20. Mason

Mason Member

I should be able to come Friday-mid Saturday, but I'd like to bring my brother Cody. That ok?

Mason