1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC VF4 Frolic May 10-12th

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by adamYUKI, Apr 27, 2002.

1. CainMarko

CainMarko Member

Rodney I hope you decide to go (This is Charles BTW). Im looking forward to playing you, plus I had fun that weekend at Adams hotel. Im new to this forums and the flaming doesnt seem as bad as other forums Ive been to. Just chill and dont let the opinions of a couple allow you to feel negative about this place or VF. That goes for everyone, just my thoughts.

2. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

Judging by the days this is going on and the fact B_O is going, I am guessing another Sunday outing is cancelled. Third one in a row, this sucks.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I can't make it... /versus/images/icons/mad.gif
    I can't find anyone to cover my shift Saturday night.

Adam, Andy, or Sal, give us as much warning as you can once you figure out when you plan on having the summer gathering... I haven't seen you guys since VF4 first appeared in NYC... damn.

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Well I'm home from an UNBELIEVABLE weekend. The $265 I spent on the NYC trip was well worth it!! Meeting all the east coast players was something I'm not going to forget. While there was no tournament or way of keeping score so to speak, I liked the way it was set up. Everyone shared info got to put names to faces and best of all play VF to there hearts content. The NYC guys were probably the coolest guys I've ever met. From the time they picked Me and IMF up at the JFK airport I felt like I'd known them for a long time. Very easy to get along with and most of all very good VF players. I do this in our Hydra thread and I'll do the same for the guys I played this weekend (give props).

<font color=red>AdamYuki</font color=red>- "YOU WIN". Your play style is unbelievably effective and a bit different from the rest of the players I must admit, very methodical, and the fuzzy guarding king. =) good games.............................. He invented the chicken step with Jeffrey you'll have to come to NYC to see it /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=red>CrewNYC</font color=red>- Andy was a buddy from the start, he's such a nice guy, you'd really have to meet him. His lau is "NO" joke. while I didn't play Andy that much, watching him and IMF go back and forth always put a smile on my face.

<font color=red>Omaha_Jeffrey</font color=red>- Rodney you've got a serious knowledge of everyone that plays the game up there in NYC, not to mention on what trains and routes to take /versus/images/icons/wink.gif. Your Jeffrey and "Vanessa?" are solid like the rest, don't take a break rodney, Just keep pluggin away. It's funny in the beginning you played Jeffrey and Akira, but when placed against Hiro you opted for Vanessa, I didn't even know you played Vanessa. Your a great pal, and if you ever want to come to Fl. let us know, you've got a place to stay.

<font color=red>GhettoShun</font color=red>- +90 hahahahaha, too funny man!! You've seriously got the sickest shun I've ever seen. I hope to see you at another NYC gathering. Good games =).

<font color=red>Shang</font color=red>- Your Akira is most dominant, and I really like your Jacky!! I hope you don't mind if I borrow some things from your Jacky game /versus/images/icons/wink.gif.

<font color=red>Hyun</font color=red>- I think I played you the most out of everyone at this gathering, Your Jeffrey is a tough opponent my wolf had your # for a while then you just changed it up and turned the tables on me =). good games.

<font color=red>Sumeragi</font color=red>- Didn't get to play you unfortunately, Now that I think about it I'm quite upset over it. I should have played everyone there? Sorry =).

<font color=red>Shou_sama</font color=red>- From what I saw your Akira was topping everyone other than the other Akira players......................then it was even /versus/images/icons/wink.gif. Good games. Next time we'll get more matches Akira vs Jacky.

<font color=red>Tim(cause I can't say or spell your online name)</font color=red>- Also sorry, I didn't take the time to play you, I should have =(.

<font color=red>Chanchai</font color=red>- You sure you don't play more than you say you do? =) j/k. Your Lion is hard to get used to, Maybe cause I'm used to fighting a much slower Lion(The_Dude). You are but another VFer I will not forget and hope to see in the future. Like soon!! Oh and lemme know about the guy in Tampa who also plays VF, I need contacts. Gathering at my place this Sunday!!

<font color=red>Nan or nxw</font color=red>- I played you only a few times but from what I was hit with you deserve a lot of respect, not too mention you went 3-0 on Hiro /versus/images/icons/wink.gif. Awesome!!

<font color=red>Hiro</font color=red>- Back from Japan and 8th or 9th dan ranked. Sitting on the floor listening to you and Ghettoshun talk sparked an idea!! You should make a Tape set of you talking about all the VF characters!! I would buy them!!! Good games if you could call them games? More like Rapes /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif.

I hope I haven't left anyone out, I can't seem to express what this gathering has done for me. It was the single most coolest thing I've ever done in my life. You guys ROCK!! See you at the next gathering. Blondie out!! =)