1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC VFers have been so quiet...

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by nxw0016, Apr 2, 2002.

1. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Greeting to all NYC crew! It has been so quiet since last time we met at Adam's place. Anyone has any plan for this coming weekend? I certainly hope we can get some people together and play this weekend. And again, you guys are certainly welcome to my place to play as well. (Eatontown, NJ)

2. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    bah i dont know what's up there asses either man. i been trying to have a little get together myself. but it seems everyone is to busy, and the little time that they do have they use it for beating there meat or something /versus/images/icons/smile.gif anyways if get togethers don't happen soon. i might give up the vf thing for a little while and concentrate on some CAPCOM vs. SNK 2. Sorry i'm a gamer and i like competition and right now that's where all the competition is right now /versus/images/icons/frown.gif eeeerrrr by the way what is your god for saken name lol. I really don't want to greet you as NXW blah blah blah /versus/images/icons/smile.gif well my name is Rodney in case you didn't know that already..... PEACE!

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

well you two 'could' come to boston. =)

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

The weekend of the 13th, I plan on being in NYC on some buisness and would love to meet up for some competition

5. nxw0016

Hey Rodney my name is Nan. I know we have met and played several times before. Last time being in the tourney of Philly though I did not enter the competition.

I will be free to play VF this weekend, either in the Chinatown Fair or anyone of ours place. If anyone of you can make it down to my place that would be great! It's very easy to get here from NYC.

Haven't had some real competition since I got the VF4 on PS2.

By the way Rodney, the CvS2 seems to be a pretty cool game. I have spent sometime watching people play in that Chinatown Fair. Almost want to give it a try, but I think with only my old-school Street Fighter 2 to Alpha skill I will get whipped quickly, LOL.

6. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Giving up VF is bad Rodney bad. I will seriously beat your ass if I ever hear you talk such nonsense again:) I mean you cant get me all hooked and then walk away. Sorry for reading threads that dont concern me.

7. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

recently lost a loved one..so this has kept me away last few weeks.. Nan, thx for invite. I will be ready next week. Now I'm gathering info on Vanessa. Rod, about a month ago a few dudes came over and challenged and one claimed to be you. (!!??!!) He played Jeffrey and I mentioned your name and etc.
    I will get to chinatownfair.com arcade next week to play The Shadow.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ouch, sorry to hear that man......hope everything is well.....

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    You were at the Philly tourney? Hmm. I'm sure to recognize you then. There was only a handful of us. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I was at CF on Wed. Man was it dead... There was one guy who was decent with Vanessa though. There was one scrub who just kept playing and playing. No clue. I got so bored I let him win with mercy.

I have been busy and missed out on regular Friday meetings. I will miss this Friday as well.

I'm free this Saturday! Let's get it on! Just PM ok.

Oh yeah, Rod, I've been playing CVS2 at PA. I like the game but can't take it too seriously. Its not balanced and deep as VF. I pick my teams at random. I can beat people unless they pick the dreaded two. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

10. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

well, me and rodney were at CTF today (thursday)...

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. nxw0016

Ok so Saturday... in CTF? or at one of our places playing PS2?

12. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Damn...the NY scene is in shambles presently. Most of the hardcore have personal issues to deal with presently - so vf4 seems to be on the backburner at this time. I am in the process of job hunting and settling into new apartment, so vf will have to wait. Also, our sensei Hiro-KUN has been busy in japan for past few months. As soon as Hiro comes back and i get a job, our weekly 12 hour sessions should be in full swing (now that we can utilize my place as vf headquarters every friday or saturday night).

Rodney-muss Prime! Do not give up vf man! Use the lull in the NYC vf-scene to train and beef up your vanessa and jeffry! Do not commit the sin of turning your back on vf for CvS 2! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif When we do start having our weekly sessions, I want you and everyone else to be in top form. If not, Hiro will mop the floor with us when he comes back......and that could be quite discouraging!