1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYG2 match movies, when?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by JunesOne, Aug 27, 2000.

1. JunesOne

JunesOne Member

hi just hoping that whoever's encoding the goods that there'll be plenty of the matches posted, so those who didn't come can get an idea:) mpegs preferable:p and lots of 'em

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

patience...

GE

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

It's gonna take a lotta time... and I'm currently on a busy schedule... but we'll see.

Gonna be awhile, but I'll make an announcement when I put something together.

-Chanchai

4. TripleRaid

TripleRaid Active Member

Im waiting. /images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG] <font color=white>:: TripleRaid</font color=white>

5. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Hey, Chanchai....
    Couldn't find you around on ICQ, so I'd thought that I'll put it here. I was doing some digging on the old posts here, so when I came across it, it kinda just hit me.

Remember that old discussion about putting movies, training videos and such into a VCD format ? Wouldn't it simply be easier for you to replicate the tapes into a CD format, then just mass produce them ?

Think that's possible ? Saves you a lotta work, and makes things easier for you too. Of course, only problem left is the facilities to do the tape to CD transfer....

Just an idea. Hope it helps. /images/icons/smile.gif

-Rulakir

6. Chanchai

Actually, at this point.... it is a ton more work. But maybe in the future, who knows. If that's what you want, I can try to do that, but it's gonna be a long time before anything like that happens (besides, I don't know the exact format for VCD-- haven't looked yet though, I'm just sure it's not just pressing MPEGs on a disc). Anyways, I won't say anything about the videos until I start sending them out or capturing them.

7. GodEater

things you need for tape-to-tape: 2 VCRs, tapes.

things you need for tape-to-VCD: VCR, source tape,
    Computer with large hard drive, capture card,
    CD Writer (anything less than a four speed would drive
    you insane), VCD compliant program (like Nero).

this would easier only for the people Chanchai
    would be giving them to.

GE

8. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I know asf files have caused a bit of a problem for some but don't you think the Adam Yuki versus nelson clip turned out well? and it was nice and long but not in the download time :)

9. GodEater

ASF vs MPG

I'm not here to proclaim one or the other...

I totally support the use of ASF for encoding movies.
    With Adam and Andy's (and nelson) matches you got
    a great deal of video and a small (comparatively
    speaking) download. I honestly didn't expect the
    amount of negative traffic Andy's choice generated
    but I guess it all comes down to standards. MPG is
    pretty much the accepted one giving both quality and
    good compression.

My own movies have been getting longer and longer which
    means excessive download times (not to mention upload
    times). I did attempt a few ASF movies but I couldn't
    make them look as nice as the MPGS eventually did.

If I had to make choice I'd say AVI...sweet looking and
    at only 98+ megs to download, what a deal!

GE

10. Chanchai

Re: ASF vs MPG

hmmm... what I will be debating upon eventually in time... I am okay about ASF and if I have to, I probably will. But I personally do prefer MPG... MPGs are just wonderful to PC users I think. I'll let it be known I'm a PC user (that does use Macs as well, but only if it's a requirement or just happens to be what's there or has what I need when nearby PCs don't). Anyways, we'll see what and if I come out with stuff. I'm just searching for a new computer right now.

-Chanchai

11. Rulakir

Another thought just hit me.....
    Why bother to make it in a VCD format ?
    I mean, you can simply just dump the MPEGs into the VCD, and since EVERYONE has a computer nowadays, we could just pop it in, open and explore it, and just play the thing...

Arghers..... me and my rants...

-Rulakir

12. Chanchai

Chanchai's Point: I AM NOT GONNA MAKE A VCD!!!!

Extra Note: Read Andy's post.

hehe, just thought I'd let you know. Point well taken and all, but the VCD makes more sense for a highlight tape. In any case, we'll see what happens... just that when i edit, I'm too picky, never satisfied (maybe for good reason), and it just never gets finished... For me, I'd rather leave my two VCRs recording while I'm at school, at the library, doing homework, whatever and I don't mind. Not that many people have really expressed interest in getting the tapes, but I don't mind if many do. It's no problem to me as I don't use my TV all that much and if I'm dying for VF training, I'll just hook up my DC to the VGA box (looks crisper except Jacky's hair and occasionally some interlacing). I'm not that dependent on the TV unless I'm on my film night mood. In general, I'll be in my apartment at least every 6 or 8 hours, and I should be focusing on other things while I'm in school so dubbing tapes isn't that bad. For me anyways, I mean, it's not like I'm watching the entire thing when I record it each time. We'll see how it goes, but Andy is offering a wonderful alternative and I deeply appreciate the thought and consideration in it. Don't put too much pressure on the guy though, I think he's quite busy (Andy I am referring to).

-Chanchai

13. Rulakir

Gomen, Gomen....

Sorry.... wasn't thinking clearly, and had a lotta posts to catch up on, so I just replied to the oldest posts, then move on to the newest one, so by the time I got to the new ones and found out I posted something redundant, its kinda too late.... /images/icons/frown.gif

Sorry man.....

-Rulakir

14. Chanchai

It's all good, Rulakir/images/icons/smile.gif I always enjoy our messages and chat, I'm just anal about making a VCD. It's definitely unclear as to how things will go with highlight footage and all, but we shall see.

-Chanchai