1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYG3 in September?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Jul 5, 2002.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Here is an pre-NYG3 video clip put together by CrewNYC. Start practicing /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

http://216.74.75.254/~miovaco/nyg3.htm (you'll see the word link, right click save as)

CrewNYC

2. anonimuss

anonimuss Member

i understand that the majority of the ppl coming wont be there before friday, and i plan to make the trip up on thursday, so if anybody needs transportation and can throw me a few bones for gas, id be willing to play taxi cab for the weekend.

3. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    That would be a big help - we need as many cabs as possible! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I can't pick anyone up on Wednesday evening, as i will be working until 7:00pm. On the way to the hotel on Thursday afternoon/evening, i can pick up people at the airport. Some who get there early might have to wait a while, as i want to pick all the peeps up at the airport in one shot.

Whoever is coming, please notify me ASAP on the arrival date/time - i'll do my best to arrange a pick up that is convenient for all parties.

It'll be fun...you will be guaranteed good competition, and will leave the gathering/tourney as better players.

I'll keep everyone posted on new developments. Make sure you guys are practicing... /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. kil

kil Well-Known Member

XBL:
    kildamonk
    adamyuki: i need some info reguarding where/ what airport would be tha best 2 arrive at and if possible i could use an estimate on how much $ i would need.

thanx in advance

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I will have my car when I come up, so I should be able to help out with driving.

6. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Paypal setup, a paypal account has been setup!

You can make donations to asaa1@hotmail.com we're recommending $35, if you hook us up with $40 we might be able to do T-Shirts for you guys /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. Just goto www.paypal.com and click send payments, enter that email address and you cen send money using your CC. Pretty easy! We'll post a list of contributors.

We'll be getting lots of food for barbeques, some rooms, and DVD's of the tournament for you guys to take home!

Here are some Team logo's and NYG3 Logo's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CrewNYC

7. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I really like the Akira one. I'll be making the tranfers of money soon.

8. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

hey Adam,

What's the deal with controllers/joysticks? What will everyone be using. I'd love to show, but I felt awkward being the odd ball of the bunch with my MAS joystick. I can't play my best game with anything else though. Therefore, what's the sense if it will be an inconvenience to everyone like last time. Let me know.

luber...

"Im gonna throw you again." Wolf (old win pose 1).

9. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hey Throwmasta, I am coming to NYG3 playing with a pad. So don't feel awkward.

10. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Most will be using the official VF Joysticks, some will be using tekken sticks, so dont feel wierd. This time if you have a mem card, which is mandatory, you can save your button settings to it, so its no problem switching out the controller port and mem card at the same time /versus/images/icons/smile.gif So bring your MAS stick if thats what you feel comfortable with.

CrewNYC

11. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Awkward? Bring your stick, man. There's nothing worse than hearing "Oh, that sucked, if only I had a better stick". I'm bringing my stick, no questions about it.

cheers,

12. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Did someone say STICK???
    plus Hot meat to eat that weekend..
    this is a little more my ssstttyyllee.............

man-stino

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Status & [OT]US Open

For some reason, I felt I had to put the response in this old thread. Maybe because it's one of the only ones stating the date of NYG3...

My Status: I still plan on going, though I'm not 100% sure yet (am I ever?). I haven't been playing VF much at all lately. If I go, I look forward to a good time, some good games (if I can catch up), and seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones.

US OPEN: Part of me wishes that NYG3 wasn't going on during the US Open (Tennis), but at least they're both taking place in NY. Assuming I go to NY, I'm thinking about purchasing a single day or evening ticket for myself on one of the days (probably day before NYG3 -- Sept. 4th). Anyone else interested in Tennis and think they can afford to go watch the US Open with me?

If I go, I hope I can go to NY early and stay a full week or so. I would like to vacation there, so who knows, I'll try to be there early--don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone so I'll probably go hotel hunting. That or maybe go somewhere near New York and train with someone.

-Chanchai

14. stompoutloud

Re: Status & [OT]US Open

Hey Chanchai, I am planning on going to NY for at least a week or so. I am thinking of purchasing a single game ticket as well. So I will let you know what my definete plans are. I do plan on going to Exit. The nightclub I haven't been to. They say it's like the old twilo. Who knows. We will see.

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Club Exit

For all the clubs I go to in NYC, I still haven't entered Exit. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

Some friends have reported to me that is great and I hear the CF DDR crew go there when the arcade closes. Let me know when U get into the city and I 'll take U there 'k /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

16. stompoutloud

Re: Club Exit

Hey thanks Shag for the offer. I will take you up on that. since I am kinda out of the club scene in NY. But it's because I haven't been there in a while. I hope there is some good progressive trance/house the night I decide to go to exit. I will pm you shag.

17. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Hey ICE 9, can you get the NYCG3 on the VFDC Event broad?

18. Akira_Zero

Akira_Zero Well-Known Member

AdamYUKI: I'd love to come to this event. Omaha Jeffry recommended it to me and I can't wait to play him and Shang again. I wanna take on Rodney's Sarah hehe. So it's near the tip of Long Island? That'll be quite a ways from my house. If i can get the money I'll definitely go. Is the per person amount still 35? I'll chip in more if needed. Also, I'm gonna bring both a pad and a stick if that's ok. I wanna show ppl what I can do with a pad as I'll probably still be getting used to an arcade stick since It will arrive by this time tomorrow.

Anonimuss: Think you can pick me up from NJ? I'll probably have more than enough $ for gas by the time event happens.

19. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    yea, will someone please pick him up if you can. I definitely want him to come, so he can show off those PAD skillz. hahahaha man it's insane what he can do with a pad. Way better than my pad skillz, and I can DLC, SPOD, and do that new triple combo. But one thing I got that he don't, is I can do Akira's KNEE foolce. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    Akira_Zero: Even if someone can't pick you up. I am sure Adam would love to have ya. The more the merrier! So come on down if you can. It will be a blast. All the knowledge that you will gather from the event will greatly improve you skillz 10 folds guaranteed! LATER!

20. Akira_Zero

Akira_Zero Well-Known Member

I really hope I go to it. I know it will be mad fun and will definitely help my game.

Omaha Jeffry: I just found a good config. for my pad that will help me do the knee with a lot more success now. I put R1 as Guard and everything else is default using my thumb for the right thumb for the K and my left pointer for G. I'll be practicing everyday 'til I get the knee down hehehe.