1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYG3 in September?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Akira_Zero

Akira_Zero Well-Known Member

Throwmasta, wassup? Is this the same Throwmasta from GameFAQ's?? It's purplestuffedworm from GF's. You coming to NYG3 as well?

2. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Whoa, there is more than two people going to nyg3 with some pad skills. Yay. I am much more excited! lol. woohoo. Can't wait to see those pad skills. I can't bust out as many moves as you guys can. But it should be fun.

3. Akira_Zero

Who's the other person who is using a pad??

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

5. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

6. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Hey Guys,

This is the deal. I've been trying to grab 2 bedded rooms for the event - waiting for cancellations, as that weekend was already very busy. However, at this time, there are no cancellations. So, I've been able to set aside 7 single bedded rooms thus far. (I will try to grab more as they open). Needless to say, people SHOULD bring sleeping bags or whatever they need to make the most of it.

The rate for rooms is $20 per person per night. The meeting room schedule is as follows: It is availabe from Thursday night 11pm - Saturday morning 7am. The meeting room will then be occupied by someone else from Saturday 9am - 3pm. We then can get back in the room after 3pm and then use it until Sunday 2pm. When we can't use the meeting room (saturday morning) we of course can play in the rooms. As such, I apologize in advance for any discomfort ("sitting on beds, floor, no back support...turning your head sideways to see the tv"). But hey, this is all about just competition and playing until our brains are fried, right? Who REALLY cares about ultimate comfort? /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

Also, whoever is attending, PLEASE list here when you are arriving! I have to let my pops know how many rooms i will need on Thursday night, Friday night, etc.

It would make things a LOT easier if people can give payment before arriving. I will set up paypal account soon - so please cooperate!

Thats it for now. Keep training...

7. Akira_Zero

Thanx a lot for the update. The weekend after labor day right? I'm hoping someone could pick me up. *crosses fingers* Don't wanna miss this for anything.
    Just curious, what happened at the other gatherings in NY? Results of tourneys and such?

8. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

VFDC Events Page

I don't know about tournament results, but this page lists some impressions and gathering reports from the last few NY gatherings, as well as other gatherings like Omaha, Chicago, and Sydney.

Some are really interesting reads, some are inspiring (for me anyway), and some bring back good memories (well, only one holds memories for me /versus/images/icons/blush.gif )

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Thats what it is all about - competition. I think I can speak for everyone when I say thanks for everything you have done.

10. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

My itinerary:
    Arriving in LGA at 09/04/2002 10:00 PM
    Leaving LGA at 09/08/2002 06:27 PM

11. anonimuss

anonimuss Member

sorry for the late reply, but as far as i know im all set for the gathering. im free for both weeks before and after so id like to come up as early on thursday as possible. im looking at 4-5 hour drive straight through, more if i am making any stops on the way. unless i am reading the rates wrong, im looking at 100 bux for the hotel room for thursday thru to monday? i can put that money up as soon as possible. im sending my 35 right after i post this.

my email is anonimuss@goto.thebreak.net, anyone needing transportation on thursday hit me up there so we dont clog up the board. if possible id like to arrange pickups throughout the weekend thru adamyuki, if thats alright with him. how far is the gathering spot from laguardia? i know its kinda late but we might save money on tolls if ppl fly into newark.

akira_zero: i have no idea where union, nj is, but with good directions we shouldnt have problems hooking up.

ps. imma vf noob so im packin a pad too, us pad players should rep a team in the 3v3. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

pps. the magic box thingy says i cant use a credit card with paypal cuz you dont got a business account, little help?

12. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Hey anonimusssss. Thanks for offering to help with transportation dog. It would be cool if you can meet up with me at my place in sunnyside queens on thursday morning. From there we'll leave together with Florida krew and Shou-sama. We can drive up to Laguardia Airport early afternoon to pick up Boyd. If anyone else is arriving at Laguardia (hopefully early afternoon/afternoon) we can grab them too. We can then bounce to the place of battle - Riverhead Long Island - which is like an hour away from Laguardia Airport.

If people are still making reservations - please try to do so for arrival on Thursday afternoon to LaGuardia Airport, preferably. If any of you guys are planning on arriving Friday, try for MacArthur Airport at Islip Long Island. It would be easier for me or Anonimussss to get you, as that aiport is 20 minutes from hotel.

Anyone else driving to NY that can help us with picking people up?

Also, i will set up paypal tonight. Please submit payment in advance - as it is confusing trying to do it when everyone is there. Again, only single bedded rooms are available. Bring sleeping bags as it probably will get crowded in each room when sleeping. The price per person per night is $20. People are being charged only for Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night.

13. Akira_Zero

Union is on the way to NY. You'll probably have to take 78 east. Anyway...I'll email you the directions soon.
    So what day/time do u plan on leaving? How much gas money do you want?
    You're right , us pad users should unite for a 3 on 3 hehe. Thanx for the hook up, anonimuss.

AdamYUKI: I'm about to send funds through PayPal, but what should I send it under? Service? So $60 total, eh? I could send more if you want for other stuff, like the t-shirts,dvd's etc. u mentioned

14. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Akira Zero, paypal is taking longer than expected. According to them, i should have an account set up by Tuesday at the latest. So please make payment to adnanrana78@hotmail.com then. The dvd stuff is optional of course. I will have to confer with my dirty chigga CrewNYC (Andy) for the donation for DVDs.

15. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Alright people - you can now pay me via paypal. Submit payment for LODGING to this account at paypal.com: adnanrana78@hotmail.com.

Again it is $20 per night per person. When submitting payment, please note in the comments field your vf.com nickname and the day you are arriving. (People will only be charged for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday).

16. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

When is the deadline for sending you the money for the room?

17. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Please submit payment by Sept. 2nd (Monday). Remember to indicate the nick u use on vf.com and your arrival/departure dates!

18. Akira_Zero

Hey, what's up? Lodging's not under the list of "Type", so how should I go about paying? As soon as I get confirmation from anonimuss that I could get picked up then I will pay/donate through PayPal, just need the info from you.

19. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Nice website, I'm sure it's going to be a great tourney. Unfortunately the tourney is during Rosh Hashana, and I have a busy schedule with my In-laws (family dinners and whatnot). So, you'll have to remove me from the players list.

cheers,
    kbcat.

20. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    As soon as u get confirmation from Anonimussssss, go to www.Paypal.com to pay. Sign up (its free), then pay to this email address: adnanrana78@hotmail.com.

Again, while paying, in the comments field, please identify yourself as Akira_Zero, and state when u will be arriving/leaving.