1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYG3 in September?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

Tips for a smooth gathering....

Tips for a smooth gathering....

previous gatherings have taught me a few "do's and dont's". trust me fellas if you are planning to have vf playtime as much as you possibly can do the following..

1) DO NOT for the love of god bring the girlfriend (or any most likely non hardcore female gamer chick) to a vf gathering, it will BORED her to death and she WILL get pissed at you, she wil later tell you to take her to some place to shop/eat/relax ect.. this will take some time away for what you came here for, for straight up VF'ing and thas's it, nyg is not an amusement park, its a VF junkies hang out spot for playing only one game and one game only. sure you might say that your girl is totally cool with the idea of 4 days of playing one videogame but, that's a fucking lie!! ( /versus/images/icons/grin.gif ) she probably doesnt know how boring it will be for her and she's thinking that of course he will take me out. so, unless you're gf's name is zero-chan dont bring the lady to this borefest (for her). another possibility is that you are supposed to bring her along with you otherwise she will get pissed at you for whatever reason, for this i tell ya.......sorry son, but you are WHIPPED! if she loves/respects you then she would understand and let you go alone, if not then this girl sounds like one you shoulndt consider for marriage /versus/images/icons/wink.gif. well, you could always say that this is just an excuse to bang her, to that I say its OOOOKKK, just know that you wont play much. this has been another one of my GREAT advice for dealing with women. lol /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

2) DO mark your sticks, memory cards, and other stuff with your name on it, this will make it easier for you when its about time to leave the gathering and not worry about "oh shit which one is my stick?!!".

3)DO take a shower

4)DONT complain about how nyg sucks because blah blah blah, you know what you're there for so stop bitching!! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

5)DO be (man, fuck spelling) prepared to back what ever trash talk you said online, dont be a pussy and back out.

and tha's all.

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: Tips for a smooth gathering....

6) DON'T make it your mission in life to keep shutting the fucking outside door when 12 fucking people are crammed into a tiny, hot, cramped room with no fucking fresh air.

(you know who you are)

3. Sudden_Death

LOL good one, i know who that is /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Dan_NYC

Dan_NYC New Member

Hey adam, I'm down. Sorry for the late notice /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Shaq:

We are meeting at CTF on friday night? Who's going to give us a ride. Can you find out is there room for one more? YOu can PM me if you you want.

6. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Florida Guys are packed and ready as of Today!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

As it looks it will be Me, Iron Monkey Fist, Jedi Fei, and Ghostdog coming together on the same flight so we'll see you then. Stompoutloud will be arriving separate. Good post piccollo =). If there is anything that you need us to bring other than our "Dominating Gameplay" let us know /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Blonde_one "OUT" =)

7. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

If people what vf4 stickers for their memory cards or joystick, I could sell the one I have from the white book for 50cents. I'm doing this because I need the money. 50cents is not too much to ask for right? Note: Kage is already taken. 2 more character will be taken too, but don't know which yet.

Interested? let me know.

8. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Yeah, sign me up for 2. One for my PS2 Pad and the other for the memory card.

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

bowing ou

I am sorry about this guys, but I gotta bow out of NYG3...Rosh-Hashanah (Jewish New year and 2nd most important holiday)starts fri night and runs through sat night...I would love to be able to come, but it is just not a possibility. I can't tell you how bummed I am about not being able to go, meet new people, see old pals, and get in a bunch of VF...hopefully, maybe, there will be another gathering in the comming months, down the road that I will be able to attend.

10. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Re: bowing ou

Hey guys, I am ready to go. I will be there September 2nd to September 13th. I have a place to stay but will chip in for your funds crewnyc/adamyuki. chanchai: look forward to the us open day we go there. Shag, I wanna see your dance skills at exit. I am out.

Stephen

11. Sudden_Death

look blonde one, you better stay quiet if dont wanna get hurt, i mean it. I will not show up to this nyg3 cause i know that if i see you, you are defenetly gonna get hurt and i dont want to ruin nyg3 cause of you, like for example, if adam's father sees that someone got to a hospital (you) he's probably will never allow adam to use the place for future gatherings. I heard you gonna stay at adam's place next week, so dont piss me off more since i live preety damm close to his apartment and i dont have a problem facing you there, got that ?

12. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Adam, I got my tix booked and i'm ready to go. I'll send you the money for the hotel through paypal tonight. Let's make this the best NYG yet!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

13. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Piccolo, please, I didn't mean to offend you and am hoping that you can put our differences away long enough so we can participate at NYG. It's a great event and I am looking to seeing you and hopefully try to come to an understanding. While I can see how my post above could be taken as condescending please understand I was merely trying to lighten the mood, and by all means was not meant to be condescending. I hope that you will be able to come to NYG and play all of us, later dude. =)

ps- Piccolo what can I do? let me know.

14. Sudden_Death

man, fuck off, pussy. you annoy me once, that's all it takes, no apologies.

what a pussy. just dont talk to me dude, get it?

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Another NYG missed......

Some very urgent family business has come about and I won't be able to attend the gathering this weekend. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

I hope everyone has a great time. I was really looking forward to meeting with fellow VF'ers nationwide. I had really psyched up the Chinatown Fair crew on going this weekend, now I'm not sure if any of them will go. I can just hope and pray I make the next big gathering that comes around. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif
    At least I have the DVD to look forward to. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

16. stompoutloud

Re: Another NYG missed......

Shag, I am here already and will be in chinatown tomorrow. So who knows, we might meet up. take care of family first.

17. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Pussy Whipped, Huh? /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif /versus/images/icons/confused.gif yea, that's me...wifey's best friend, from forever, is having her daughter's wedding Saturday. I will try to get to arcade later today or tomorrow to battle any hardcoreVF4ers that are in town and ichn for Whoopn VF4. email me to make sure we hook up arthurbarbato@stammagency.com
    I jst received the Tokyo Area Point ranking battle tape Volume 2 that GP sent from Japan. I have a VCR at office and will be here a while viewing it. First battle is a Jacky vs. Sarah. gg quality looks to better than any VF tape I've ever seen, or maybe I'm just that hungry for VF4 quality battle!?! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

18. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

I was at CF today at 5:30 till 9. Were you there at that time? /versus/images/icons/confused.gif
    Maybe you had trouble finding the place as so many other people do. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

19. stompoutloud

Sorry nycat for not emailing you. I did everything today but go to chinatown. went to see a letterman taping. that was a lot of fun. see you tomorrow or this weekend at the gathering. Take care.

20. anonimuss

anonimuss Member

ok, its about 7 am, im gonna head up to get akira zero in a little bit, should be in north jersey by no later than 10 am. i got cell #s so from there we can make arrangments for hooking up in sunnyside and picking up florida squad and whatnot. cya ppls in a few.