1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYG7 "GO THE BALLS OR DO GO AT ALL" Sept. 4-7, NY

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by adamYUKI, May 31, 2008.

1. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Re: NYG7 "GO THE BALLS OR DO GO AT ALL" Sept. 4-7,

It was nice to see everyone at NYG. I just want to make my shoutout brief, it was great to meet everyone there and I'm glad I got to play.

Adam and Konjou, you guys were excellent hosts, you made the most out of what was available in the boonies of Riverhead, and I definitely can't fault that. The city would've been a lot better as a host for playing VF imo though, because playing vf the entire time can get kind of tiring, and there was nothing else to do out there. Thanks for picking me, Glory, and Denkai up at that random ass place past Riverhead, shit was weird over there.

Mad props to Ladon and Badseed for beating the shit out of me in the team tournament. Oioron and Fulan, im sorry I let you guys down by playing a shitty Sarah during that part.

Avery, Glory, and Denkai, it was great to finally meet you guys IRL. Especially to Avery, who i've been playing fighting games with for a few years now(prior to VF).

YO Denkai and Glory, i saved your life from that machete killer!

Yo KrsJin, it was cool to finally play you without lag. I've got to tell you though, that the biggest difference I feel from playing VF online to offline, would be that movement is alot easier, fuzzying is more natural(when i choose to do it) and I don't get thrown so much offline. I can Serpent throw attempts instead of getting 0f thrown all day like what happens to me online. I also have FOREVER and a day, to hitcheck. btw the shoes I was sportin were onitsuka tigers, man:

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/126799/color/13679

them joints right there.
    They've got all new colors and stuff on zappos now man, I think i gotta get a new pair. It's serious.

Fulan, TonyFamilia, Johoseph, Chefboy, cool to finally play you guys offline. Subbers, AkiraZero, etc great to finally put a face to the screen names.

Badseed, yo man you are taaaaaaaall as shit. Your playing instincts is crazy man, I think our match got recorded, you basically destroyed me in that match. I've always had issues with your Pai, and you knew that the moment we matched up. If it's just 1 fight, it was yours.

Oioron, gooood shit on placing 5th in the singles tournament. Did you use lots of kick cancels, half circulars, and every throw input? haha. Kage is silly man, when I was playing against Chefboy, I was able to do that TFT 33K+G thing pretty consistently, that one does so much damage. Fuck doing knee combos man.

If I left anyone out I'm sorry I was just trying to make this thing kind of brief, but damn it wasn't so brief afterall.

Peace

2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Yeah man, those shoes were extra fresh, seriously. Thanks for the link.

Yeah I knew if anything you guys would do better offline. I think my biggest problem is mental stuff when online. Going from nothing but offline to online, just messes with me. But yeah, movement and hitchecking, my only big differences. Even stuff like throw breaks and techrolls don't seem too different to me now.

Again, glad you were able to make it. Hope to see you at more of these -

3. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman

I been putting this off for the longest time...
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Warning, Spoiler: <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">
    ADAM- I worship your Jeff. I got a poster of you on my wall. I didn't even start playing Jeff till I played you. You da nigga!!! All knob-slobbing aside it's been said before but I don't mind repeating it...You're skill/humbleness makes for an awesome 1~2 combo. I'm glad you put this whole shindig together. You need MOAR naked women in the pool though!!! I wannna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Rodnutzzz- This guy playin Wolf too!? Switchnation is in the building. Yo, tbh for real for one sec...I feels good to have you even acknowledge my presence. I saw you at the first VF tourney I ever went to and you were owning. Flash was like..yo..thats like the best Akira on the east coast(or possibly the US idk remember exactly.) Ever since then I've looked to you in reverence. I fear you like one would fear the sun! Your vigor for the game is amazing to me, and I appreciate your dedication to the community. I look forward to one day providing you with a challenge one day!

Shag!: Everytime I right your name from now on it's gonna have an exclamation point. I just decided that. Man, you bring the party! This man done got skinny now? We both need to start hittin the gym right naoh! Next time I see you I want us to both be buff as shit. Competing over who is more toned!! XD When you come down to VA make the crew take you down to SOVA so we can really party! HAHA, have we even fought each other recently? We just party and b/s too much yo!

Akmaal: Man, listening to Flash talk trash and hype himself up for the past like..year has got this image in my head that you're an antagonist. Actually being around you and interacting helped break down that notion. You're really cool, and waaaaay too soft-spoken. Man you're like 500,000lbs of raw muscle, and you're the softest talking dude I ever met in my life, and I know a nigga that talks like a mouse. WTF!!! Too good yo, I wanted to get some more games in with ya, but once I get even a lil alcohol in me it's a wrap! I look forward to playing you next time we roll up there man!

Fuck yo...this is harder than I thought it was gonna be...

Den<s>cock</s>kai:Yo man, I don't understand what goes on in your head at all. I feel I have a generally good grasp of the game, and I can read peoples flowcharts pretty well. If I see someone do something I can pretty much figure out why they did it, cept when I fight/watch you. You just be attacking..and it works. I never get it. I'm just like...how am I not blocking any of this? XD You got it man. I cannot take your aggressive style! I really respect you in that regard, but man...you gotta start posting to your "blog" XD

Monty: This man is the unofficial photographer for NYG and all the VF gatherings. I actually brought my camera, but owned myself cause I managed to misplace the battery. XD I meant to ask you about your lens, but it's all past now. I still remember drunkenly discussing the changes from FT to now with you in the club in D.C. We're fuckin geeks yo! I wouldn't have it any other way. It's nice to have actual friends from the community!

Naces- Been meaning to ask you where you got Darkgift from, recently it's been sound SEXUAL to me. "Yo girl, I got this gift..it's in the dark!" Yeah I know it's mad corny, but it won't unstick... Man I wish you the best in your schoolin' and I hope you make it back every now and then to visit us here in uhmerica! It was great hanging with you one last time. Another person I'm glad to have made friends with over the past year.

FULAN!!!!- Hahaha, man. I hated that avatar so much I just never paid attention to anything you said. It was GREAT meeting you. Just getting to know how them niggas in HOLLAND do! You're real mellow, cool type. I can appreciate your straight up attitude with the game, you make a solid competitor man! I appreciate the props too, I'm tryna take Vanessa's image out of the sewer, but certain players are making it hard!!!! Bring back that Eileen though. There is a severe lacking of really solid Eileens around in general. You can DO IT man I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

KRSJin- I never said it to your face, but I can't say your name like Christian...it always comes out K.R.S. Jin.... Haha, man you're another cool type cat. I apologize if I came off like an ass way back. WCG was just a bad period in my life ya know? I was really snippy with too many people...especially online. So glad to have met you. I'm gonna put your picture on my nightstand. Waiting for your call XOXO....no homo XD Did we even play!?

Ladon: I don't even know when we started talking...all I know is that was pretty kickass. Xenogears, PS3, CONDITIONING!? Nothing like good conversation with like-minded individuals. Yo, the secret to my stubbon ways is that I spam moves just enough where it's unpredictable, thereby frustrating reversal happy opponents till their mind is completely occupied with reversing. They usually believe themselves to be better players and are frustrated that they're losing to a "spammer" while I'm just running them through my flowcharts at that point! If you played online you'd see what I mean man I promise you!!!!! I know it's a long ways from Florida to come to New York, so I really appreciate your dedication to the game/community. I look forward to the next time we meet man!

Tony- Flash calls you my biggest fan! XD Yo, it was great to meet you. You just pulled me aside from games at the WRONG time. I was drunk yo! haha you can't do that! Takin advantage of my state to get yo rape on! I gotta pay you back for that one someday! Whats this Lau bs? Where is that Brad? I know you hyped about those R changes. Don't go slippin now homie! Remember to eat them bananas like a real man!

KOD- OH WHAT? I'm not the only vegetarian in the house!? It was cool just eating next to you, felt like I had some support just be being around you. I tend to feel like the odd man out most times I got out to eat with people. I've already told you way way back that I got nothing but respect for you and what you do for the community. You're a stand up guy man! I wish I kept my beard as well, but we can't all be as magnificent.

Boido E, Air Jacky- OLD SCHOOL! Hey man, don't worry about my Vanessa. If you're not used to her it's easy to get caught in her stupid shit. Most of my flowcharts were obsessively planned out to weed out any unsafe moments. Hell half the time I have advantage(on block.) So I promise you if you just played me a few more times you'd get past the fluff and get down to the root of the game. I love hearing about the OLD SCHOOL from those that lived it! I wish I coulda been there actually. I wanna go back and see what high level VF1 woulda looked like, but mainly the VF3/4 days! I hope you stay active I'd love to have your Presence around chronicling the progression of the community.

Shinobifist: You know how we do! HAHAH actually...half the shit we talked about I don't even remember. I was pretty nice at that point. 12 hours though? Really? I'll never forget that shit. I'm living vicariously through you. I'll be on my deathbed at age 167545, and I'll still be like...I knew this guy who DJed for 12 hours... W.T.F. Homie. What character do you play? XD So many people I didn't play.

VF 5-3-9-5: This guy right stay with a smile on his face. Everytime you say something you grin the biggest smile you ever had in your life. XD it's pretty funny yo. Man I don't know where you came from, but you came into the game and made it your own. You got that thirst for knowledge and growth thats rare. Learning all the ins and outs of your character! I like that!!! I'll see you again on the field of battle my friend! Hells yaaaah

Cozby- Man you're like the first guy that came up to me and introduced himself at the gathering. That made a big impresson on me. I figured you were real outgoing and boisterous, but you stayed chill the whole time. THE WHOLE TIME. Everytime I turn around you got the headphones on just chillin... NIGGA...GET HYPE!!!! IT'S NYG7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Are you gonna frame that board? That is beautiful. Oh, and I'm proud that I made it into someone's sig. You do me a great honor my friend. You're also another cat thats ALWAYS gotta goofy smile on their face. hahahahahaha

Akirazero: OH NO YOU DIDN'T! Keep the games exciting man. Always a pleasure to see you. Whenever I do we embrace, that shit is real ma nigga. Even if you the only cat in NJ thats holdin it down you keep at it man! You got the drive and thats whats up! Can't wait for the next gathering to see you again man!

DABADSEED: This guy didn't even realize I was there the whole weekend. HAHAHA Truewiseman=Chefboy=Geoffrey B. I guess it makes sense, when I think back we never were introduced. It's all good though. Next time we'll get it poppin! I hate your Aoi yo...makes me think too much!!! XD

SDS_Overfiend: Yo, I swear you were straight about to clock me when we played. I was like...uhhh...you alright? I get uneasy when people get visibly upset when playing a game. I was like...uhhh should I switch characters. I know it's annoying man, but thats Vaness'a strength, that shes got all the angles covered. Shes supposed to make you THINK theres nothing you can do. But you can do a lot, just know that If I guess right I get a little damage, just watch out for 6_K when I'm in OS. Thats like her most dangerous move in my opinion. Good to fight you nonetheless. XD

Glory- Did not talk or interact with you all weekend. You were about that business...raping bitches and taking names. I can respect that though.

Slide- YOU ASSHOLE HAHAHAHAH, I hate your Kage. It's funny how a years worth of training can be flushed down the toilet with ONE MOVE. XD You used my own strategy against me. Got me too preoccupied with reversing your mid kick and you were able to do whatever you want to me. Good shit, but try to save my fragile ego next time man! XD

Lucky aka The Legendary Gentleman Thief!!!!: Yo, thats your name. Lucky ain't yo name! Gent Thief is! Forever! You're my hero nigga! I seen ya come up from just learning the game(but still solid) to the hot shit. You're arguably the best Goh around right now man. I told you last time we played, that I liked playing you cause you make me work. Theres never a point where I can run my bulletproof flowcharts on you, cause you got armor piercing bullets. and I don't know how 33p ALWAYS WORKS FOR YOU. Im like..damn...I should block that...oh...I got thrown...

GRRRRRRRR!!!! Wish yall coulda stayed a little longer but I respect that you guys wanted to see the city, it is something else. Next time there is an NY gathering we all need to hit up the city and just be real chill like!

So fucking tired, its not funny. fucka good grammar. This is straight love going out to the VF community. AVUII WHERE YOU AT MAN? I was looking forward to meeting you man!! You need to come out to Blackulas sometime. We all need to get the SOVA scene poppin!!!!!!!!

I almost forgot about one more person. JOHOSEPH! Open your damn mouth sometime! hahaha, I thought I was pretty quiet guy, you just took the cake. I don't think I heard you say one thing at all! AT ALL! hahahahaha

</div></div></div>

LOVED IT, CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT TIME!!!!

4. DaBadSeed

DaBadSeed Well-Known Member

i got love 4 ya glory,we had our little tiffs in the past but ya a cool dude bro /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

5. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Thanks man. Oh yo, i dont know, I'm thinking about calling it quits for competitive fighting games. It's too time consuming and there's other things I'd like to be doing. Video games are too addictive and I'm really trying to slow it all down now. Playing fighters competitively also involves too much upkeep.

hahahahah yo maaaan. I'm sorry about that shit man, Kage is so stupid in this game. VF5 is really not balanced at all, some characters are just so stupidly effective and involve no work whatsoever at some points. Not even touching the issue of matchups either.

It's kind of sad, that I should've just used Kage the entire time I played instead of using Sarah, due to all the constant correct choices I have to make with Sarah. But when I use Kage, I can be unsure all day long. I mean, the answer would be just to evade to Kage's front and input some TE, but I just randomize my throw inputs every last throw direction does great damage, and I used delays to beat evades anyway. Shit is so stupid man, I apologize for even playing like that, cause it's so retarded. I was even pointing out how lame it was when we were playing.

Real good shit though being the only Vanessa rep there at NYG, and I like the way you play her offensively.

6. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

Just want to send a quick shout to Flash: NIGGA THIS ISN'T OUR STOP!! (you had to have been on the train back to Penn Station with us to get this)

7. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

NYG7 "GO THE BALLS OR DO GO AT ALL" Sept. 4-7,

QFT. Good luck with that. I will be going down the same route AGAIN someday. Hopefully for the last time.

8. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

Well I thought I would be finished by now, but it's hard finding time to finish my post. So I guess I will take a similar route like everyone else and post what I have done so far in parts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I hope you all enjoy the read and look forward to the rest to come. When it's all done I'll compile it as one and post it on my lousy blog which I haven't updated in months. Enjoy!

adamYUKI - There is not much I can say that hasn't been already said. Thank you for going above and beyond to make this happen and for having my back the whole weekend. I would never have been able to truly enjoy myself if it wasn't for you.

Denkai - I bet you thought I was blowing smoke up your ass when you came to my house to play VF5 on PS3 during the first week of it's release. Back then only after playing the game for just a few hours I told you that you have the potential to surpass me and that is exactly what you have done my friend. Maybe next time I tell you something like that maybe you will take me a little bit more seriously. You have definitely proven to me that you have what it takes to be a top player and you are able to do it with multiple characters. Congrats on a well played weekend!

CIDKID - I am at a loss for words when I try to comprehend just what you have done in such a short amount of time. The only thing that comes to mind is just one word... Gifted! At first site you appear as this big hulking guy that you prey not to rub the wrong way or try to reframe from using the 'Yo mama!' jokes around. In actualality you are one of the most soft spoken and respectable young men out there always hiding behind a laughable smile. Thanks for making the trip and supporting what is your first of many more to come NYG events. *bows head*

Konjou_Akira - Yeah yeah I am licking my own balls! Oh Konjou you are like so totally awesome and like so totally, so totally, so totally, so totally fucking stupid! ahahahahahahahahaha! What would me posting be like if there wasn't some sort of bullshit enclosed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Flash - You sorry ass Wolf player! How could you not know who was the original Wolf Tetsujin! Damn I didn't want you to win that Wolf Vs. Wolf best of 3 against me. Now that I am done poking fun at you, let me tell everyone the real deal on my homie! Flash by far is one of the coolest and most humble dudes you will ever meet. He is always there to offer a hand if you need it and his passion for the VF community is huge. Although he is striving to be the best that he can be. He fully understands that it can not happen if he doesn't surround himself with players who share that same vision. With his eyes set on the big prize that most people don't see and that is to become not just a strong respected player but to create a legacy that will last in the VF community. For a glimpse of his work and the possible future of VF... check out the thundering force of the VA crew. These guys have always had potential, but thanks to Flash's belief in his friends. He was able to show them how to tap into their potential and become great players. Well done homie! The VF community needs more people like you who are not afraid to step up. Thanks for coming down and supporting us.

Oioron - Aaarrrrrggggghhh! Just thinking what to write about this dude makes my head hurt because I have much hate for his unpronounceable name. I swear the shit is anti Konjou. Well since I can't say it properly I will just do the best that I can. Onion /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .... thanks for lending a hand with the event. It's always fun for me to here your philosophy on VF. In many ways we are similar I think when it comes to VF. Although we both enjoy watching / playing risky exciting matches, we usually tend to find ourselves playing in a very moralistic fashion when there is to much pressure........ Konjou throws out a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif that gets defended... Oreo /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif goes for a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif... Konjou throws up a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif... Orion /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif takes the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif guaranteed damage! Although we both want to try more this ususally seems to be how our matches flow. I believe they flow like that because of the respect we both have for each others game. I believe you have one of the best Kage's around and some of the most awesome mixups. You understand the game extremely well and when you are on fire there is no stopping you. You out of all the NYC players definitely still has much untapped potential. I think all that you are missing is the desire to win more, fueled by the hunger to win by any means necessary. If you can unlock those two traits within yourself I think there is a whole lot for us to worry about. It was great hanging out with you for the weekend and thank you so much for taking all those pictures.

Ladon - I can't believe we let this happen yet again. How the hell did a kick ass weekend like this go by and we didn't even get at least one game in? I don't know when will be the next time we meet, but no matter what we have to get some games in. Although we didn't get a chance to play, I was definitely checking out some of your matches from a distance. First off I just want to say congrats on making the transition from pad to stick. I didn't get to see much of your Shun, but your Blaze play was excellent. You played with a lot of confidence and had some really good mixups which I enjoyed watching. Thank you bro for taking the time off to come down and support us. Please promise me that you and that warm smile that you wear will attend the next one.

Seven5Suited - It's not every day you get to meet someone who was born on the same day as yourself. So since I came out first and have a few years on you, you have to play the role of the little brother. Now praise me, do my bidding muuuuhahahahhaha.... but don't tell mom! LOL Bro it was awesome to meet you and finally put a face to the name. Your Pai is fucking awesome and very hard for me to deal with when you start using your /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif setups. You do not know how many times I have been playing you online and I feel like throwing my stick because I just can't figure out what the hell your doing. Thanks for coming down and showing the scene some much appreciated love. I look for to watching you grow and the many, many matches we will have when VF5R comes home.

Gentleman Thief - You really are a low down dirty fucking thief bro. Fresh off the plane LuckyGt steps into NYG, makes acquaintances, decides who he is going to rape and when the camera turns on literally says ' FUCK IT! I'LL JUST RAPE EVERYBODY AND STEAL THEIR DIGNITY AS WELL! '. LMAO Dude I have to definitely say that was one of the most impressive runs I have ever saw in VF in a long, long time. Not since my ex roommate GhettoSHUN have I been so impressive by a single player. Solid defense, creative offense, adaptability, and a strong desire to win. With all these awesome qualities I am very thankful you are an extremely humble guy and not cocky. You are very quiet and seem like you prefer to keep to yourself, but I guess that's to be expected when meeting so many new players for the first time. I hope you had a good time, because I had a wonderful time enjoying the performance you displayed. Hats off to you and I expect you to be around when R drops. You better make it to the next one. Trust me you won't want to miss it!

VF Number - Thank the lord you finally got rid of the 5395. I told you by the end of this event you would most likely have a new name. LOL although it's not that much different, it definitely has a nicer ring to it and it's easier for people to say / remember. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I can't believe how much you level up man in such a short amount of time. Keep practicing because I really think you are on to something and I can't wait to see what it turns into when VF5R drops. Thanks for all the online matches and an even bigger thanks for taking the time out to come down to NYC and represent for Rhode Island. If you ever want to come down to play with us, just let me know.

ChefBoy - Now here is someone who possesses something very few VF players don't have on and off the gaming field... CLASS! I have to admit when the VA crew first arrived and I said hello I didn't really notice Chefboy right away even though I most likely shook hands with him. It wasn't until day two of their arrival when I just happen to glance across the room checking to see if everyone was having fun when I saw him rocking this AWESOME fucking vest with a nice tie to compliment the whole thing. I was like holy shit that's fucking dope! Now for all you homophobes who is probably thinking like ' oh shit! Konjou likes guys! ' sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't. Konjou is just not afraid to give credit where credit is due even if it means complementing another man. It's not my fault Chefboy's avatar is awesome and I chose not to hate, but learn something from it. Grooming myself was not all that I learned from watching this young man. I also learned that he actually has one of the best Vanessa's on the east coast. Looking over his shoulder I checked out a few of his games and liked his playing style. He played with a similar finesse like GhettoSHUN who left VF as the top Vanessa player in the US. Chefboy definitely understood how to use Vanessa's two stances better than anyone I had currently scene. Refusing not to fight in just one stance like most online players, he was constantly switching back and forth between them keeping his opponents on their toes guessing what's coming next. Flash happened to notice me watching for a sec and turned to me and basically said that he thinks he is the best Vanessa players around. I had already watched quite a few of his matches and was very impressed so I responded back with basically "yes... he is definitely one of the best!" Keep up the good work bro and hope to see you at the next one!

More to come....

9. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

ooh ooh my turn!

T-Fam: Hahaha I finally got to meet Brad VFDC! And to think, I probably wouldn't have stuck around if it weren't for a few words you gave me so long ago. I see you're STICKing to your plan; a pad is nice, a ps one is great, but you ain't gettin no respect with one. If it weren't for a pad though I probably wouldn't have been able to comprehend the game back in my lonely VF 4 days. Both your Brad and Lau are strong. It's interesting to watch you mix up between them. Big upz. Thanks for the life coaching and good luck w/ FL weather.

Homo-less Glory: You know, I didn't get the no homo part until i was sitting at home staring at the board and then it hit me. haha My favorite Jacky by far. Look I don't know what everyone else is talking about - the Bruce cut is all the happening. I like to fool around alot so at times it's better off to ignore me or put some flash kicks down on me. You are one of those dudes that each session I play I learn something new. Im glad to know you messed around with the 4 plastic wheels maybe this is a foreshadow of my VF greatness!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ...maybe not.

CidKid: Like, damn. o jesus. Thats all I can say. No wonder you hold the ad in that manner. If you held it normally you'd probably snap the thing in half. Man, you always got that game face on. I one of those types of dudes that can't play serious. I just gotta get one or two laughs in. I hope to speak to you more in the future. Oh yeah, I want a grudge match! $200 to the winner. You can either:
    a. be a bitch.
    b. get beat like a bitch.
    your choice.

VFNumbers: I've said it before. I can't believe you got out of your house. I should have told you not to wear those boots haha that's kinda my fault. Man haha I can't believe how little you eat. You had 1/2 of a small salad and you called it quits! Oh man and when you got your luggage stuck in between the pole at the station, I thought to myself, damn. How many midgets ride the train each day for free? Your goofy-extroverted personality is an excellent cover for your VF pre-god like knowledge. I've still got your lei-fei on lock though hahaha. I've done some paper work and now I co-own this house I live in so after my mom moves to ATL this house is pretty much mine. I can get a sick set-up going so I'll definitely be hitting up you and Yupa in the future. There was this one guy in the gamestop over in cranston that knew about adam and said he was an eileen player. Im trying to get some of my gamer buds into VF too. EVERYONE LOOK OUT FOR THE RI CREW!

O-yo-ron: The US Kage. You gave me a hard time when we first played. You drop those Dpod's like, "Oh shoot I didn't drink my pepto-bismol after brunch." haha sorry dude for messing up your order. If it isn't fried, I can't remember it. But then again that all was probably shinobifist's fault. I definitely hope we can hang out in the future.

SliceofPai: You loud ass motherfucker. Hahaha i missed all the snoring though. I just remember Shinobifist being half-awoke and cursing your name. And Fulan. That shit was hysterical! But yeah sticks are where its at! There hasn't been any sort of high difficulty with switching so far but I'm not concerned because it isn't like ill completely forget how to pad. Oh yeah and damn you for only having one PS2 controller we gotta get those GG matches in man.

Ko-D: Haha your old avatar wasn't too far off from your actual appearance, unlike some people. You're another one of those walking, breathing VF guides that I envy to some extent. I definitely don't understand the frames but I survive with general ideas of situations. When I play I tend to always do retarded stuff lol. Luck is my hugest ally.

AdamYuki: I'm still in disbelief that I got a chance to meet and play with you. I can't even find a proper way to thank you for holding the event. Fuck a poster I got a pencil, lip gloss, hoody, pillow and bed sheets, socks, tattoo, candy bar, desktop wallpaper, body spray, cups, hair gel, and boxers all in honor of the great AdamYuki. So don't ever say you dont have fans. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DaBadSeed: yo u iz my niggz fo real son. when u came in i waz like daaayumm dat nigga iz a big sunna bitch yo. and yeah iz mad funny u playin a lil azz bitch like lee on wit yo big azz. hahaha mad luv 2 u from da lil homie

Ladon: We've never played before but within 10 secs of playing with you I knew you were the real deal. Im glad to know there's so many great VFers in the states aside from the hotspots. I wanna see more of the shun in action though because shun's are my best friend.

Shag: You lost weight!? I gotta see the old Shag. I can't believe we didn't play lol it feels weird because we came close to doing so a few times. Thanks for the T-Shirts! I walk proudly down my street in mine.

Auvii: Cool ass guy right here hahaha. So Rod gave you advice on how to beat me huh? Did he tell you to use 4k+g? Cause that does work well on me lol. Hahaha I'm glad you were there as a witness when that guy said there was a black kid w/ short hair, a red shirt, and an ipod just like me on the streets. Damn I can't even step out for 2 seconds lol. Im sorry you had to go so early though but I hope we can chill @ the next gathering.

KrsJin: You fresh man. I was lovin that hood and those kicks. I didn't get a chance to play your Jacky but from what I seen you looked offical. Amongst some of you guys I feel real small. Im glad you got your Xbox back in action, we need more good players online.

Seven5Suited: You have wife!? Awesome man! Your Pai is quite sexy man. It's always fun to play with someone that understands the in and outs of their character. In fact, my Pai is designed 99% off of the stuff I watch you do. I can't sit on my online rank, it doesn't mean jack when it's time to hit the courts.

Flash: Ill pass on the invigoration and excitement, thank you. Hahaha Flash you are that cat I can always depend on. You showed me alot of the ropes in player matches when I first started on xbl. I always envisioned you looking alot older butt damn was i wrong. 5 years from now I'm a be playing VF w/ Flash status believe it.

Dango: You are like Hercules Akira in a box. You told me that Konjou had your favorite Akira but man your's has the nastiest offense ive seen period. Who could deny your skills man for real. Hahaha we gotta start up a clan. NEXT-GEN VF BITCHES!

Dark Gift: You and ShinobiFist tried to kill me. I probably shouldn't have gotten in water anyways. You see, the last time I was in a pool, I was around 4, and I actually almost drowned but someone seen me. But I had to prove to myself I could swim. But I can't. umm... yeah. Do us all good in the Phils man and export some goodies to us! Make sure they dont have man parts! I kid. or do i!?

Subbers: You reek of el33t g33k! hahahaha you remind me alot of a good buddy of mine. Your sense of humor is wacky man hahaha you gave me alot of good stomach pains. oh and your Aoi skills are near unmatched in the states so I definitely wanna see her in action some more.

Air Jacky: If there was a VF History course, I'd hop all over that! I've got nothing but a mix between respect and envy for the guys that've been doing the damn thing for a long time. I wish I would have dove deeper into VF longer ago but I guess it's never too late. I've been watching old VF vids like crazy hahaha you've got me hooked man!

Slide
    : mr. hot basura. I loved those shoes man. Them babies looked skateable. I had a strong inclination that you would have a beard. AND I WAS RIGHT!

ShinobiFist: Frankie. Dude, you are the shit like for real. I knew NY was crazy but damn. NY is crazy. The mentality of folks over there is quite different from up here. So in short, that "NY State Of Mind" is something I think everyone should look in to. Hahaha you were the first person I've met that actually used Wolf's hit-throws so well. I couldn't even recognize how you were setting them up. When I come back to visit I hope we can chill out alot more.

Terry Bogus: Wolf, wolf, wolf!! You guys are some heavy bastards. I'll probably try out Wolf one day and surprise myself. BRISAL!

Chefboy OB: You were a decade too late man. The B2K tryouts have ceased. Nah im kidding haha im jealous of your fresh. I remember playing someone and I turned around and I thought a 1980's MJ was behind me! hahaha but I gotta respect you playing Vanessa, nevermind playing her w/ pro status.

SDS Overfiend: Frank said you were hood. I actually didn't wanna play you because I couldn't predict what would happen if I managed to win hahaha. Nah but your VF skills is definitely real man.

AkiraZero: AZ man, NJ has a VF solider for real. Some people play and aren't passionate about the game. The dudes the are, are the ones that I look up to. It was fun mixing it up w/ you. And yo, against lei-fei, you gotta body check that fool.

Fulan: Man I thought you were gonna kill me @ Frank's spot. Sometimes I think I'm better off just playing completely randomly. I've got to give huge props to you being able to fast in a foreign enviornemnt and walk so much simultaneously. I loved your high-grade stick man. I'm definitely relying on you for info on getting a good stick.

Denkai: You know who you remind me of? You ever play twisted metal? I swear you are like the black sweet tooth. A goofy-ass smile with a killer game. That one pic of you playing says a million words hahaha you bastard. Much respect man.

Konjou Akira: Im not even gonna try to sugarcoat it. Konjou is my idol! hahaha Rod I can't believe I got to meet you along w/ so many others. You guys have little to no ego and are accessible. I've never actually desired to be "good" at the game but when I'm around the actual good players my drive gets amped. But meh im still gonna be clowning regardless haha.

VFHayato
    : You have one of those personalities that one could only wish that it'd be more popular. Your energy is through the roof man! Hahahaha your Pai is a true work of that misunderstood genius.

Lucky: You know you have a good player on you hands when they combo you where most players would throw. I'm hoping to hear some more of your music in the future. Who knows? Maybe we'll do some duo project in the future.

Johoseph: Im glad I got to talk to you @ the station because you are definitely cool. It takes guts to come out to NY solo. If I come in to town I hope I can meet some of those Amish women! Yes?

I apologize fellas if this came out too short-winded but huuuge props love and respect to all of you. If anyone is up in RI (why RI, huh?), we can chill for a few.

To those that didn't make it, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>YO' ASS BETTER BE THERE NEXT TIME</span>

10. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fulan: Man I thought you were gonna kill me @ Frank's spot.</div></div>Lol!

11. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I'll try. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

12. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Hey real quick. Did anyone end up with an extra copy of the game by chance? I think mine got left in one of the consoles. The disc itself wasn't marked though, just the case. If you did end up with it, I'm willing to paypal to cover shipping, that's np.

13. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

That means a lot to me, man. I have to check out that Pai ASAP! Hit me up when I'm on, and I'll do the same. Also, we have to rekindle that Lei vs. Pai vendetta. Last we left off you were a bit ahead of me...

14. seven5suited

You have no idea how much better it feels to know that the guy on the other end of the internet isn't just yawning and filing his nails as he beats me! I work so hard for the few wins I get off you, so thanks for saying that.

Also, how can I not do your bidding? You gave me a Lau doll! It was a real pleasure to meet you too, man, and we have to keep playing. Hopefully I'll get to play you live again for more than 3 games. L8r, older brother. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

15. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha

I told you your pai wasn't cheesy

16. seven5suited

Thanks dude. But, I'm stepping her up after seeing that compilation vid. I'm gonna start recording as I play, because once in a while I get some sweet-looking high-damage throw/setup combinations with her. That vid was all you, Yip?

17. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I just want to give a special shout out to Shag who tried to even collect money to get my ass up to nyc. THe NYC crew ALWAYS tries.

18. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Thanks man. I've also been down this route before, but idle times during deployments had sucked me right back into this void.

And yes, I'm calling this a void. That's exactly what it is.

If you ever just sat back and thought about it? And if that or some word similar to that comes to mind, it's time to stop.

If it's hard for you to even stop playing, you've got to stop. Not just VF, just gaming in general. I'm not getting ANYTHING out of this shit anymore, like when I was younger. Playing this hardcore like this.

This shit isn't paying me for my time "well" wasted, and it's not giving me anything else I can use elsewhere.

p.s. good luck when you go down that route too, and hopefully it will be for the last time.

Thanks. oh and the beard thing, i cut it down cause it was getting a little bit unruly. Gotta keep that shit trim Kevin Garnett style.

19. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Hm, I duno. If you treat it like a hobby, I see no harm. As long as gaming or any other activity isn't harmful to your health or others, or get in the way of you doing what you want to in life, then I say it's fine. For me anyway.

It'd just be like if I were to take up fishing. Really, all I get out of it is the actual enjoyment of fishing and all that's involved. I suppose. But really, doing things I enjoy reaps a much bigger benefit, but one that may not be tangible. My take on it all.

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Must you gain something tangible from everything you do in life? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

What's wrong with simply enjoying? If you don't enjoy it anymore, then fair enough.