1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

O.T.G

Discussion in 'General' started by HotSauceNelly, Mar 10, 2021.

1. HotSauceNelly

HotSauceNelly Well-Known Member

So, if I'm not mistaken Wolf, Jeffry, Aoi, Goh and Blaze are the only characters in VF5FS that have OTG throws. Recently I considered my main character Vanessa and couldn't help thinking to myself: "Why does she not have an OTG throw of her own?" I mean...think about her style! Is it just me or shouldn't she also be on that short list of characters with OTG throws? o_O

2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

That's a fair question, her style lends itself to having some kind of mount/ground throw. I wouldn't say it's a 'balance' thing, but maybe they just didn't have anything that felt unique for her?
    (I'm more surprised Jeffry doesn't have any catch throws!)

HotSauceNelly likes this.
  3. Dark Nova Void

Dark Nova Void Well-Known Member

You know she is the only character with crouch throws to not have ground throws. Good observation, maybe in new VF she gets it. I mean back in Vanilla OS had crouch throws just like DS, Also I would love for her moves that transitioned from OS to DS and vice versa to comeback.

Tricky, HotSauceNelly and MadeManG74 like this.
  4. HotSauceNelly

HotSauceNelly Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%! As a true grappler Jeffry should have a catch throw. But than again....who needs a catch throw when you have the Toe Kick Of Doom. Lol! In VF4EVO Vanesaa had 6,2 P+G throw. Something along that line would've made for an awesome OTG throw!

Tricky and MadeManG74 like this.
  5. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I can only guess they wanted to differentiate Jeffry from Wolf a bit more by making him more of a striker than a pure grappler. If not a catch-throw, then some more useful guard breaks would be welcome!

HotSauceNelly likes this.
  6. Dark Nova Void

Dark Nova Void Well-Known Member

Don't worry Nelly Vanessa not the only one who has this, Taka got crouch throws but no ground throws. THANK GOODNESS!

Chanchai and HotSauceNelly like this.
  7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I think that she has a lot of tools already. And I think their idea of giving her a tackle satisfies it. At least she still has a ground stance?

Pai~Chun and HotSauceNelly like this.
  8. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Her diagonal OS low throw animation was essentially that of a ground throw as well.

The developers progressively stripped her of reversals and (hit-)throws, adding ground throws doesn't seem to be the direction they are headed.

Chanchai likes this.
  9. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

For real? I thought he had catch throws.:holla: