1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Obselete] VF Circuit Team Battle - Rules and Guidelines

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    By the way, it's much more easy & faster to set up the whole thing if you have mic and create group chat on xbl.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yup, most of it is correct (see below about points). As discussed on shoutbox earlier today with you, using the term "Ring" instead of "Matchup" is a lot better and I will edit the first post to include that.

I also notice that half of your post, you use "Turn" instead of "Set" which I also think is a lot better than what I had written before, so I will include that also.

A win is worth 3 points, a draw is worth 2 points, and with a loss you still get 1 point for your team. So in your example, Team A have 8 points and Team B have 4 Points.

Note that a rental player in the squad do not contribute to the Season Team's total points accrued.

Craigbot likes this.
  3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I do not use mic. (because I feel the sound quality is bad and volume is really low so I cant hear enough of what others say) I certainly don't use it while playing VF cause I dont want to be distracted..

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

You can create a group chat before playing, just to set things up.
    Then mute the mic and take it off, play your match with no distraction.
    Then take it back unmute and give the results etc.

@akai, okay for the points, I wrote that from memory without checking.
    Yeah I thought "Turn" would be easy to understand, especially for those familiar with board games etc

About the rental player thing what happens if the rental player helps a team to win a ring that was previously tied on turn3.

5. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Normally, the turn that determines how many points the team would get from a Ring and which the Rental player is playing that turn would be the one that the team does not get points from. However, in the rare situation that the Rental player was playing in the last Turn of two Rings: he points a team does not get is the sum of points from both Rings is divided in half rounded up.

Example:
    Rental Player on Ring 1 switched with a Team Player on Ring 2 for Turn 3. Both Rings are tied after Turn 2. The points from Ring 2, in which the Rental Player is playing in Turn 3, will not be rewarded to the Team. However the points from Ring 1, in which the Team Player is playing in Turn 3, will be rewarded to the Team.

If Rental Player lost Ring 1 for the Team by Turn 2 and was switched to Ring 2. He won Ring 2 for the Team on Turn 3. 1 point from Ring 1 plus 3 points from Ring 2 = 4 points. Divide that by 2, to determine amount of points the team does not get.

6. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I actually laughed because of how complicated this is lol
    Especially the last sentence is pretty funny :D
    But I think I got it. :)

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I hope were not supposed to calculate the points.. Ill just try to remember how many games we need to play and report the results.. And where are the results going to be posted by the way, since Akai won't be present?

8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Leave the points calculation to me! I don't think they really matter that much since there are only several teams for each division right now though. :D

Manji - Post results in this "September Battle Thread" http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf-circuit-september-team-battles-online-psn-and-xbl.18311/

And yes, I won't be present for most Europe matches if they are played during the weekdays.

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Rules and Guidelines post have been updated for clarity and also changed:
    "Matchups" to "Rings"
    "Sets" to "Turns"

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    This is now obsolete and we will be doing something different for the December 15th event. Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.