1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Octogonal restrictor plates

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by verdisQUO, Aug 30, 2009.

1. verdisQUO

verdisQUO Member

New to the modding joystick scene. I'm hearing a lot of people say don't get an octagonal restrictor plate when it comes to modding sticks. How come? Is there a place to where I can switch between the two?

2. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Is there a place to where I can switch between the two?

I normally do it in my home.

3. verdisQUO

verdisQUO Member

In other words, are there plates that you can toggle between octagonal and square positions.

4. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

<object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQLXRD-0GBg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQLXRD-0GBg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>

5. verdisQUO

verdisQUO Member

Thanks for the vid.

Well, I read this in one of the comments:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Fighting games are usually played on 8-way sticks that use square restrictor gates. People usually confuse the term "4-way" with the number of corners a square restrictor gate has, which is also 4.
    </div></div>

So in your opinion, would it be better to get an 8 way stick and just use the square gate? I'm under the impression that if you want an 8 way stick, you need to use an 8 way gate.

My goal mind you is to have a stick that I can play VF5, SFIV, and Tekken 6 (Once it arrives for the 360)

6. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Get a 16 way stick, that way you can have 8 directions and 4+4 left over for extras. (like if you need a direction, or lost one, the stick got a spare!

7. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    VeridisQuo.... I know that name from somewhere.

8. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL