1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Odd Sarah combo stuff (some actually useful)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Nutlog, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

It seems like the QR will eat the f+K+G and the u+K. Haven't tried it on a real opponent yet. But the sweep is able to get the TR. QR's kip up and the sweep misses them completely as their legs are up in the air.

2. Genie47

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

A quick rising opponent is basically a standing non-defender. How about buffering in the kick tornado throw after the b+K? I have a feeling the timing is off and it won't connect, but I haven't been able to test it fully myself.

<hr></blockquote>

This is possible. Wilson vs danny13 in the just ended tournament. Wilson's Sarah just whacked danny13's Akira with a float move and he carried on with d/f+P,K. But he stopped there. I think danny13 did a QR or TR while Wilson's Sarah moved (Step in menace). Either he was expecting a single FL K or something, danny13 must have defended or something; I don't know, the Kick Tornado nailed him. If danny13 had buffered in an attack, Wilson's Sarah would have eaten too much Akira.

But it is kinda funny seeing Sarah moving in with one leg tip-toeing all the way /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Ah, something else I hadn't thought of... buffering in the kick tornado during step in menace... very good.

Danny13 should have attacked out of his tech roll if that's what he was doing. Sarah would have ate a DblPm. If he was quick rising, I don't know... I think there are a few frames that you're vulnerable to a throw even if you jam on punch or kick during the quick rise animation. Danny13, do you remember this? Can you comment?

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Ah, something else I hadn't thought of... buffering in the kick tornado during step in menace... very good.

Wow, that always seemed clear to me. Just goes to show we all think differently...

You can buffer a Kick Tornado from any move in the Flamingo stance that doesn't take you out of it. And that's a lot of options.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yep Adio, good point. I never considered buffering the flamingo throw after moving forward because the throw has its own slide forward animation before it comes out anyway. I always want to get to the throw ASAP, because Sarah is so vulnerable during the slide forward part... but using step in menace after floating an opponent will cause him to react to Sarah's movement and maybe do something unwise as Genie described. My eyes are open to a new chapter...

Something I have done for giggles is to buffer the kick tornado throw in during a flamingo moonsault... you never know...

6. Genie47

Eric and I just had a session of VF. When up against another Sarah player, you will get weird results. Both Eric and I are Sarah players. When faced with a Sarah in FL mode, we crouched. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Suddenly we found ourselves difficult to throw each other in FL mode. The old chinese proverb says "The most dangerous place is also the safest". I guess this iis what Akora mean when he found my Sarah difficult to throw. But guess what came to the rescue? FL K+G, P+G /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

We were also getting our FL d+K, P+G down correct. Yes it is indeed difficult to execute compared with K+G, P+G. Could get it around 80% of the time. Becauce FL K+G hits mid, the throw connects well. So I would say it is a hit-throw that is effective against crouchers. Like TKoD but cannot be broken. Hehe. Due to the inconsistency in the low kick-kick throw, we opt for this instead of the FL sidekick > low kick throw.

Another thing I would like to add is thing about chasing down your prey like a wild hyena. During one of the TRAINING > TRIAL, there is this thing about TR, escape, throw escape-guard. All of a sudden we found ourselves chasing down each other when TRing away. The elbow-knee hits well when chasing down TR opponents. It is this or the K+G. It is good to practise these stuff found in training. Else, we were trying to get our throw escape-guard right. Kinda hard to get right.

Oh yeah another nice float if people don't TR. f+P,K > d/b+K > b+K, d+K+G

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

FL: f has great recovery for a dash. I mean, once the knee comes back up she's ready to go straight into any move without a second thought. What I like to do is always finish the Flamingo stance with a Kick Tornado. Not necessarily make it my prime objective like the Dragon Cannon in her regular stance.

To that effect, If I execute a successful u/d+P+K I'll start there or better still, I like to fake with the d+K+G, the opponent either gets swept where I then backflip or they keep there distance and walk straight into the throw. It's all good.

Yupa, don't jest about the FL Moonsault, if you can get someone to eat a Kick Tornado after that than you will earn serious kudos. It's even more feasible when you think about it as the throw will cover your bases if you succeed while a regular move from the regular Moonsault is far more risky as the best you can get out in such a short window would be Pd+K which doesn't knock down and can be dodged. You could attempt a DC or even a b+K+G but they're not as fast as the former.

Besides. Wherever you are or land in the Flamingo, as long as you have some space the FL: K will always prevail and you're back where you started. The trick with the Moonsault as you know is finding that perfect space between you and the opponent and then having the guts to take the opportunity.

Genie, are you saying that you find the FL: K+G>f+P+G easier to perform? Obviously, it's great against crouchers but does this then make it easier to do if they crouch? And also, can you confirm that FL: df+K, K+G>f+P+G is possible or not?

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

VF4C Frame data.

Has anyone seen the latest updates at Virtua Project? VerC Sarah is looking better than ever.

Regular Stance

Shin Slicer (d+K+G)
    EXEC: 21
    BLOCK: -15
    HIT: -6

Hit or miss you are at an disadvantage, if you are not punished for this move it's down to your opponents ignorance. Only an MC gives it purpose but, if you can predict and instigate one at your leisure then you should use a far superior technique like the Dragon Cannon.

Switch Kick (b+K)
    BLOCK: +4
    HIT: +6
    COUNTER: +11

Hydro Side Kick (P+K)
    BLOCK: +2
    HIT: +4
    COUNTER: +8

Double Rise Kick (b+P+K)
    BLOCK: +4
    HIT: +8
    COUNTER: +10

Unlike the Shin Slicer, These moves can not be countered and are near untouchable for unless Sarah is dodged she will always have the advantage.

Tornado Kick (uf+K+G)
    EXEC: 28
    BLOCK: +4>-1

As some on this board have said much to the disbelief of others, this move does have merit. It's not a technique you can rely on in any sense but It does allow you to walk away in relative safety. The worst situation will only put you at 1 frame disadvantage so you would only have to worry about a punch from Pai or Sarah herself. -2DP too.

Kickflip (ub+K)
    EXEC: 14
    BLOCK: -31

The regular Kickflip is now just as fast and therefore viable as the Flamingo variant. Hmmm smells like VF2. Just don't miss. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

Flamingo Stance

Dodging Roundhouse (u+P+K)
    EXEC: 36
    BLOCK: -17
    HIT: +12
    COUNTER: +14

Dodging Roundhouse (d+P+K)
    EXEC: 39
    BLOCK: -18
    HIT: +14
    COUNTER: +16

The u+P+K version is faster while the d+P+K puts Sarah in a better position. Both cannot be countered. Also, because of the D variants increased advantage it's better to use as a buffer for Kick Tornado.

Heel Sword (K+G)
    EXEC: 37
    HIT: +3

Heel Sword Slash (f+K+G)
    EXEC: 32

Slow yes but both will have an advantage if blocked. The Heel Sword's motion means that it's good for making a wedge between Sarah and the opponent.

Frame Data brings a whole new understanding to the game. It supports and broadens experience and instinct and just show's the depth of this game.

Kudos to Kbcat and the Virtua Project team.

9. Genie47

Yupa, don't jest about the FL Moonsault

<hr></blockquote>

The Moonsault (MS) is strange thing. When facing an opponent, Sarah will MS by tapping u/f+P. With her back facing an opponent, Sarah will MS by tapping u/f+P in the direction she is facing. Yep, u/f away from the opponent. Under slow motion analysis (I love this feature in replay!) When facing an opponent, Sarah turns around and launches herself up. With her back to the opponent, she just launches off. When I tried with Sarah's back to the opponent and I tapped u/f+P towards the direction of the opponent, Sarah wastes time turning around and turning back again to launch off. Her MS comes out much faster with her back against them!

Another thing about the Full Spin DIve (FSD) MS, u+K,P. The MS can be delayed for an eternity. That is why for any FSD, upon seeing it hit, it is still not too late to tap G, P,G b+K, [insert ender]. Else, if it does not hit tapping P will MS you over.

Obviously, it's great against crouchers but does this then make it easier to do if they crouch?

<hr></blockquote>
    It is easier 'cus this throw depends on a hit. K+G hits crouchers and this will guarantee a hit for the throw part resume. BTW, it is not K+G, f+P+G. It is just K+G, P+G. As for d+K, K+G, P+G. I haven't tried it yet. But it is a viable option if you got your d+K, P+G right and they fear you. I would suggest d/f+K, Kick Tornado or d/f+K, P,G to exit FL and insert your favorite throw. Wilson plays with P+K, PG,..... Inserting a throw or DC or something after she exits FL. Personally for me, I go PP, b+K, PG....

Another thing is we discovered is that b+P+K is able to hop over a rising opponent. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif though with her back against them, she still has the advantage to sweep them or even perform a PPPx combo! Evil!

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yes the reverse Moonsault is great if done right, It has a higher arc but far shorter range. A great surprise move. I also believe it recovers quicker than the regular Moonsault.

I was led to believe that the FL: K+G was followed with f+P+G, if anyone else can add their view, perhaps it's why I kept screwing up so often.

I actually meant FL: df+K>K+G-Hit Throw. Like the Low Kick-Hit Throw I wanted to know if the K+G one was possible. Are you also saying that the Kick Tornado is possible after the FL: df+K? there was a post by Creed who said he couldn't get it to work and that Sarah's leg just didn't connect after the sidekick.

11. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i was trying out my theory if i remember correctly. I can give a comment or two if u let me see the replay again /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

wat's QR anyway hehe. I think i did a float starter to interrupt his rising kick and did df+p, k and delibrately move forward in the stance when he is TRing just to confuse him and MAKE him do a double palm. so i can FL kick interrupt his double palm and do a throw follow up.

from wilson

12. Genie47

QR is Quick Rise, Wilson. P+K+G when you are down.

13. Genie47

I forgot you can't throw people when they stagger. Well, PG and throw /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

The COMMAND TRAINING session on the PS2 lists it as K+G, P+G.

I think FL d/f+K, K+G, P+G is possible but the chances of them struggling out of the stagger will be high.