1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Official SoA VF4 Site is up

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Chanchai, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

No idea how long it's been up, but it's not too bad... Typical Sega of America flash site design, but check it out. Oh yeah, you also get to see the "official" english storylines.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.sega.com/sega/game/vf4_launch.jhtml;$sessionid$PODUODYAAAMOKCRSBUKCM5AKGIGQUMS0>Sega of America's VF4 Site</a>

-Chanchai

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Looks nice, certainly better than most other game sites... the navigation has a few problems, but nothing major. I notice the "official" storylines are basically a copy-and-paste of VF3... guess what Jacky and Kage are doing, AGAIN. Lau/Lei is pretty cool (would make an excellent FMV ending), but then again, we didn't expect Sega to make actual storylines anyway.

3. Legend

Legend Active Member

I guess it's becuase Yu Zuzuki wants this to the the official sequel to VF2

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

At the bottom of the page:
    Unlock special items that let you to learn devastating new moves.

Great grammar... WTF does that mean?
    Has anyone found any devastating new moves? /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Other than Sarah's VF2 win poses, no. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i notice in the sega's description of the game. It actually mentions something about unlocking new moves with acquisition of items.
    This is the cut-n-paste...
    "Unlock special items that let you to learn devastating new moves. "

what do u guys think that could mean?

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

the person who wrote it doesn't know the game :/
    No moves are unlocked. If I'm proven wrong, that'd be neat.
    But it's only costume stuff. And the training stage/VF1 models.

8. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Maybe if you wear lots and lots of special items it increases your weight so you float more like Wolf and Jeffrey?

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Don't you mean float less? Back to the topic. Perhaps they mean you will unlock new moves via the games training mode in that training will unlock your full potential blah blah blah. Artistic license perhaps? Otherwise they're taking the mick by duping the consumer.

I really like the sites look though, especially the information on each character's martial art.

10. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

dont forget VF2 win poses