1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Oh joy, another VF4 TV ad!

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Zero-chan, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Unlike the others, this one consists almost entire of in-game footage. I'm pretty sure it's the PS2 version being shown, since it doesn't have any disclaimers like "this footage is from the arcade version etc." If you want to see for yourself (and of course you do!), it's available for DL here:
    http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/VF4PS2/media/mpg/meishobu_l.mpg

2. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

That's a great commercial spot. This game really looks fabulous; Yu Suzuki and AM2 did a damned fine job for their first PS2 game. And don't the Japanese get the best commercials? Here's hoping Sega of America has the horse sense to play these ads in the States (let's not hold our breath).

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

I see sarah's stage in the daylight?? with some fog, i think it looks cool (for now), also you can see some fog in lion's stage, and I saw one of the big lights in wolf's stage, and wow, thas's a shit load of birds in lei feis stage.

it looks good..

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Cheers for the link.

Everything looks good, I too spotted Sarah's variant stage, the games getting better and better. I wonder if all the stages have different settings? The polygons seem to be all there but everything looks a little darker to me with respect to the textures. Still, it looks like a gem!

I was wondering, will there be an option besides the VFnet style items to change the colour of the character costumes?

Wait a minute, there's no "Hit-Lighting"! that's a shame...

5. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

i doubt vf tv ads will come out in the us, but i hope they do.

6. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Considering Sega's typical TV ads, is this a problem? Who wants to see a crummy comedy skit followed by two seconds (at best) of an actual game, and finished off with that oh-so-tired "SEGA!!!". All SOA should do is put out that VF4 video from Japan (the stylish one with the funky camera angles and loads of real playing). Seems it'll be on the PS2 disk.

7. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

more ads to me (even though they may be bad) equals more competition.....

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Adio, you've probably already seen this elsewhere, but I wanted to close this thread with the correct info. Hit lighting is in PS2 VF4, but the default setting has it set to off.

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yes, I have since found out. I don't know why they left it off though. It's great that it's an option as there'll be times when you don't want it but it's grown on me now...

10. krambigmac

krambigmac New Member

That commercial was great. I loved all that in game footage since that's what people should care about.

11. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Dont think soo, VF is just not popular enough in the west.