1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Oh no! What now?!

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Pinkgirl, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

OK, is anyone getting this too? I need to know if my IE (ver. 5.5) is fouling up big time or WHAT.

I was just making a post (and had almost finished at that) in the Kumite forum and I pressed the "P" in the "Instant Commands" box, and my IE window closed!!! What the...???? /versus/images/icons/mad.gif It had to be caused by this cos I didn't have any other IE windows or pop-ups or whatever open @ that time. Not even any other application running!

Anyway, so I reopened my IE to try again, and Windows told me my IE had caused an error in some .dll module or something! It took me another try before I could successfully open my IE again and come back here to make this post...

Btw I've cleared my cookies already...

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm [P]erplexed. When I [P]ress on the instant [P], it all works as normal. But you [P]robably ex[P]ected me to say that.

In any case, what version of IE are you running? The instant commands are executed via javascript if that might help. Have you had any javascript related crashes recently prior to this?

Anyone else come across the same problem?

3. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Test:

[7][8][9][7_][8_][9_][4][6][4_][6_][1][2][3][1_][2_][3_][G][P][K]

Test link

nobody@nowhere.com

[​IMG]

<ul type="square"> [*]list item no. 1 [*]list item no. 2 [*]list item no. 3 [*]list item no. 4 [/list]

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1024732442Pinkgirl">

Do you think the World Cup referees are bribed?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />No
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Possibly
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />Who cares?!
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

This is bold text
    This is italicised text
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I like quoting myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
    <pre><font class="small">code:</font><hr> what's this?? </pre><hr>

<font color="red"> wow! vfdc has a new scrollbar! </font color>
    <font color="green"> it also has new add-ons! </font color>
    <font color="blue"> does blue work? </font color>
    <font color="white"> isn't default font colour white? </font color>
    <font color="orange"> orange is for URLs... </font color>
    <font color="yellow"> yellow reminds me of the graemlins </font color>
    <font color="black"> will black show on a dark blue background? </font color>
    <font color="purple"> neither will purple I think </font color>
    <font color="pink"> i was right </font color>
    <font color="brown"> there's even brown! </font color>
    <font color="#666666"> hex code must be used for grey... interesting... </font color>
    <font color="#A9CCDE"> Test colour... </font color>

4. Snake_Eater

Snake_Eater Well-Known Member

[color:blue]Re: Oh no! What now?![/color]

I can't get colors or polls to work (yes I did use search)
    I'm going to give a test run, If you see multicolored text , flame me and call me an idiot for not trying, but there won't be anything.

<font color="blue">blue</font>
    <font color="red">red </font>
    P.S.:what is code?

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: [color:blue]Re: Oh no! What now?![/color]

*sigh*

Do not use formatting in the subject because it doesn't work. I have a feeling I've told you this before.

Read the forum FAQ which is staring you in the face in the forum menu bar to find out about the other formatting tags and why you (or any regular user) cannot use polls.

6. Snake_Eater

Listen, I know I can't post polls, it's just that colors won't work. I do things exactly like the FAQ sais.

7. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku

When you typed "blue" it was blue.
    When you typed "red" it was red.
    What's your problem?

8. Snake_Eater

Re: Re: Oh no! What now?

It's not colored when I look at it. It looks black to me.

9. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku

So it's coloured to everyone else, just use your imagination when you look at it or try turning the colour on the monitor up /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Snake_Eater

Really, I want to know how to fix this glitch; I want to post in color.

11. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

Are you colour blind perhaps?

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku

What's wrong with you? It IS in colour. Whether or not you see it, everyone else sees it fine. So unless you post just so you can admire the colours yourself what does it matter? Why is it even important for you to post in colour in the first place?

13. Snake_Eater

I'm not kidding, I don't know if it's a problem that VFDC has trying to add UBB code on certain computers or what. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif Myke, tell me what I'm doing wrong!! /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

As everyone else has already verified, the problem is not with VFDC, it's with you. I suggest you look into your desktop colour settings (are they too low?) or something along those lines.

Posting entire messages in coloured text is generally annoying, so please don't do it. Highlighting a word here and there is fine though. But anyway, I'm afraid I don't have the time to provide general PC technical support.