1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Oi Oi!! VF2 Online :)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey I just downloaded the VF2 Demo for the PC, I ran it a while ago, but now that im running it on a much more powerful PC it seems to run much better than it did a few years before. How about we all try and setup some online VF2 playing!!!

There is a D3D patch for VF2 as well that I haven't tried but it should increase performance and looks im guessing.

CrewNYC

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Have you tried running it with Arcade models and what all the other features? Let me know how that works out for you. Unfortunately, VF2PC seems to hate the NT system... or at least Win2k, so I'll probably reinstall it eventually when I install a '95/DOS based OS on this thing.

-Chanchai

P.S. When did you become a skinhead? I don't mean that in a racism way, mean that in a punk-movement way/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Umm, VF2PC is laggy as shit even on a LAN. Don't try to play online, it's a total waste of time. No matter how fast a connection you've got.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Huh??

CrewNYC

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

He thought you were making a punk rock reference with the word Oi. I really wish you were actually not many seem to remember the good old dirty days of punk. These days it all seems to be consumer friendly pop punk. RIP Joey Ramone OI! OI!.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually I meant it in a japanese kinda way, in some anime the character goes oi oi to get the persons attention.

CrewNYC

7. Hayai_JiJi

Can I have some examples of this because I watch alot of anime and have never recalled seeing this. Oh yeah Cowboy Bebop rules:)

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I was referring to it that way (teasingly sarcastic), but I didn't think he was making a punk rock reference. Was just poking fun at Andy.

But thanks for clarifying it for him/versus/images/icons/smile.gif Punk is indeed good in my book. In various forms except for the various boy bands which are not punk, but try to sell on a punk image (but that is up for interpretation and most would not consider what I think in this regard to be any attempt at relating punk... no need to rant on it though/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif)

-Chanchai

9. Guest

Guest Guest

they do it in cowboy bebop, why does everyone say cowboy bebop is so good? I have the first two DVD's so far its just okay. Nothing incredible yet. My fav series has been Rurouni Kenshin. (I think its Samurai X in the states) Kenshin says Oro Oro like when he's confused. Usually when someone is walking away from the other person, you hear the person say oiiiii oiiiiii to get the person to turn around or pay attention.

CrewNYC

10. Hayai_JiJi

Cowboy Bebop is great as a whole series. When you are watching it you dont realize how good it is but when looking back on the series you understand it's greatness. It does kinda start off slow and builds and builds to its final conflict which is fantastic as opposed to Rurouni Kenshin which starts off great but starts to suffer after the first couple of story arcs.
    CB also just might not be your style. I mean I dont know how many people told me I absolutely must see Lain and I was really dissapointed in that it was just too dark and covaluted. other supposedly great anime I dont like CCS, Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell, anything Sailor Moon, and basically anything aimed at young Japanese girls.
    Here's some stuff I think is highly underated Roujin Z, Grave of the Firelies, Kite, Darkside Blues, both Patlabor movies. I apologize for rambling but i just cant help it when it comes to anime. I went back and checked CB for the Oi Oi thing turns out you were correct I am forever shamed:)

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Whats CCS? I agree lots of the anime out there that are considered among the best I didnt really like. I actually dont like too much DBZ, Sailor Moon type stuff. Escaflowne was a pretty good series I thought. Have you seen Evangelion? I thought it was a great series but had a really strange ending. Among my favorite series include Bubblegum crisis, Bubblegum Crash, Bubblegum Neo tokyo, Irresponsible Captian Taylor, and Record of Lodoss War.

CrewNYC

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

2nd story of Loddoss war....
    man what a letdown~

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

13. Hayai_JiJi

CCS= Card Captor Sakura. I have not had the oppurtunity to see to much of the Bubble Gum stuff. Plan on seeing Evangelion

14. Hayai_JiJi

Are you talking the sereis that came out after the original OVA/OAV ( I forgot what they are called ) or about the second part of the original?

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

OVA->Original Video Animation

Lodoss on the other hand, had two animation series...

first detailing on pan n' co
    Second one for SOME ODD REASONS, they passed the mantle on to this young PRICK called spark.

Prick becos I felt he was
    a)weak (skills wise)
    b)they created him in such a way..u know he WILL SURVIVE AND END THE DAMN WAR

thus, a big letdown....

the new characters from the 2nd series wasn't very well fleshed out anyway.

Plus, it looked as if they were in a hurry to finish the series...every plot left from the first series was tied up, locked n put away for good in mere mins.

However, after all that is said, there is no doubt in my mind it remains as one of the best.

Maybe my expectations of the second series was just way tooooo high.

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

16. Hayai_JiJi

Ok Ok that what I thought but thank you for clarifying. I have not seen the second series but i did not think the first series was all that great. I just dont go in for that sword and sorcery stuff that's probally the reason the only RPG's I can play are from the Persona series.Just smething about teenagers walking around with assault rifles dispatching demons back to the netherworld.

Sorry for the mis-spelling but there is something wrong with the boards like when you try to put a space in front of something you already typed it deletes what ever letter you are in front of.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Lonelyfighter on 06/11/01 10:39 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Keyboard 101

Sorry for the mis-spelling but there is something wrong with the boards like when you try to put a space in front of something you already typed it deletes what ever letter you are in front of.

err.. or maybe you pressed your keyboard's Insert key which put it into overwrite mode.

18. Hayai_JiJi

Re: Keyboard 101

Ok I was being an asshole thanks for pointing out my ignorance:)