1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

OK how the hell do you do this combo?

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Blahzie, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

It's done by the Brad player multiple times in the exhibition matches (console VF.TV):

long ducking> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>OM> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

I've tried /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif canceling, holding /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif for the punch, but I just can't get it. Any help?

2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Is it stance/character specific? Many OM combos like that are.

3. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

Not sure, I know it works on middleweights because it was in the Brad vs Brad match.

It's not OM + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif either.. it's OM then standing punch then k,p,k.

It's cool as all hell and looks like it's guaranteed.

4. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

wich exhibition match?

5. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Try it without a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif cancel, would require exact timing to get the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to come out as fast as possible in that case. I think inserting a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif would mess with holding forward in the buffer. But it could work either way. Gotta try it.

I'm pretty sure this combo is stance specific, try making the OM towards either side from the starting position.

My personal favorite is:
    Long Ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif,delay,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    Which also requires strict timing to get the dash to come out and the step knee to hit just right.

Fulaani:
    Brad vs Brad...

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The key to all combos requiring an OM after you flop/slam the opponent down is that you must OM to the opponent's back.

The tell for which side the opponent's back is during the flop/slam animation is that one leg will be higher than the other -- OM toward that leg!

To help get the fastest /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif after the OM, one thing that helps me is that rather than pressing (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, then pressing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, then finally pressing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (too many presses!), simply release /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after the OM while holding onto /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, and as the OM ends, immediately press/buffer the standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

One of the biggest things I've noticed in Ver.C (Xbox 360) compared to Ver.B (PS3) is that a lot more OM combos are now possible when they previously weren't. I don't exactly know why. Maybe they changed the empty-OM positioning or recovery slightly, or maybe the opponent's leg flop animation changed, but whatever it is it has paved the way for new and creative combos.

To anyone who hasn't yet watched the bundled match replays -- you're truly missing out! (OT - I've already learnt a handful of new Kage OM flop combos from them).

7. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    I want to throw this combo off like a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.
    Also the LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.