1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Okay here are ShinZ clips from Japan.

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Hyun, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Okay. . . all the fanboyism aside. . . (here are the links to download the very latest tourney vids from Japan starring ShinZ. I warn you though that things are quite slow now. So I guess I should recommend you to wait until things are mirrored.

The orginal link: (pyrexia)
    http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/dl2.cgi

Mirrored in (Korean Nomercy page)
    http://www.thenomercy.wo.to (under "Stuff")

About the pyrexia link:
    Most of the time you will see timer telling you when the link will be available. So you will just have to wait it out. (The numbers are in minutes.)

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

my god...only those in irc know of my anger when I tried to DL them this afternoon...

my god..definitely worth it!

3. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Also, the video shows that he is a 1st dan :) NT

NT

4. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

One more thing about Pyrexia

If you see this (in Japanese)
    ‚‘¬‰ñÂÂüâ€â€p

That means this link is for fast connection users. So out of courtesy (for pyrexia and for other users) I recommend you not to click on them if you don't have a fast connection. Also if you see the following it means for low speed:
    ’ᑬ‰ñÂÂüâ€â€p

Also, they have plea up against excessive reloading! While some amount of reloading maybe unavoidable if you want to download from the site, please use some common sense.

5. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: One more thing about Pyrexia

thx Hyun. I hope CreeD can offer these clips in mpeg format for MS W 95 users.

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

For some reason, I do not get any clickable links under the pryexia link

7. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    The reason you probably don't see any links is because there is a waiting period on the Pyrexia clips. The column furthest to the right says how many minutes till you can d/l a clip if you have a narrowband connection and the one to left of that says how much time is left till you may d/l a clip if you have broadband.

8. Shadowdean

Heh, the connection may be the problem. I am running on the schools LAN. Unfortunatly, it is in such a horrid state of repair and use (due to a few students fucking with the firewall and hogging bandwith), that it can go from seemingly broadband to narrowband every few seconds..

9. metalbutter

metalbutter Active Member

that files( ShinZ's clip on nomercy site 'stuff' ) had been deleted...

sorry.

¿µ¾î½Ç·ÂÀÌ ¾ÈµÇ´àÇѱ۷Î ÀûÀ»²²¿ä.. ¿µ¾îµÇ½Ã´Â ´Ù¸¥ºÃÂÀÌ Çظí û ´ë½Å ÇØÃÂÖ¼¼¿ä.
    È­ÀÃÂÀü¼Û·®ÀÌ °©ÀÚ±â ÆøÃÂÖÃâ­ ¼­¹ö°¡ »¸À¸·Ã°í Çôõ±º¿ä.
    ±×·¡¼­ ±Þ¼±Ã¥À¸·Î È­ÀÃÂÀ» °èä¿¡¼­ ÃÂö¿ü½À´Ã´Ù. ÀÌá 主 ÃÂ˼ÛÇðƻý°¢ÇմôÙ..-_-;

10. 34

34 Well-Known Member

nomercy site's traffic got too high because of the clip. it was almost going to down web server.
    so they got rid of the file.

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I should have all 5 clips mirrored on VF4fx FTP by tomorrow morning. (Server is temporarily down for maintenance.)

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

don't worry, it's nothing to do with that. You just keep clicking refresh when anything in the left column gets down to 2 or 1. Refresh like mad, click as soon as you see anything blue appear, and immediately right click/save as the link. If you're slow, you lose the spot.

People aren't very impressed with pyrexia's dl system /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

they were already in mpeg format, so have fun nycat... <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/new_pyrexia_clips/>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/new_pyrexia_clips/</a>

I'll copy'n'convert them to divx5 because I'm bored and because the smaller the clips, the more precious bandwidth I get to keep to myself.

14. Shadowdean

Your a godsend Creed :-D

15. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Man,do people even read what I write? I already wrote how pyrexia download works, and told you not to do excessive refreshing. (The timer is in minutes so you should know when the links are about to be available.)

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yeah you fucking retards!~ listen to sifu hyun!!@

... I don't think the part about "Wait until it says 2 or 1 in the left column before spamming on the refresh button" was clear.... anyway, if anyone is still having trouble getting these, come to IRC. Also, try using opera if you have it. opera can be set to refresh every second. But remember, not until the counter says 2 or 1. Earlier than that, and you're just slowing everyone down and making life suck for the webmaster.

17. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: Also, the video shows that he is a 1st dan :) NT

Re: being only 1st dan
    Yeah, there were comments in the other forum that it was hard to find other 1st dans to challenge him so that he could rank up... His win % will be a better stat to refer to. It sounds like he'll stay over 95% even after he starts challenging the Tokyo heavies.